Shipwreck Tiki lounge seeks crew members for 2019 Burn

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2019.
rongo
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Shipwreck Tiki Lounge

Shipwreck Tiki lounge seeks crew members for 2019 Burn

Post by rongo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:42 pm

Shipwreck Tiki Lounge is now recruiting for the 2019 burn. We are real old school burners that have brought this incredible theme camp to BRC going on 13 years. Anybody not familiar with us please go directly to Facebook.com/shipwrecktikilounge and prepare to be amazed. We usually get placed in great real estate and have room to accommodate RVs tents and yurts. We will provide a community shade structure and a kitchen fully stocked with stoves, microwave, pot and pans, dishes, sink etc. Like most camps worth their salt we do have participation requirements and camp dues so no wanderers or flakes need apply. But if it's your goal to learn how it's supposed to be done from a dedicated core of decades long hard core makers and burners look no further!

BogFly
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Shipwreck Tiki lounge seeks crew members for 2019 Burn

Post by BogFly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi Shipwreck Tiki Lounge Team!
I would love to learn more about the opening you have... I've seen videos of your theme camp. It looks like you guys are the pros!
We are travelling from the UK, we have secured x2 tickets, VP & RV. We are hoping there will be three of us in the end.
How do we get more info? I'm keen to learn more about how we can be involved. I'm not 100% sure this is for us but it's worth exploring for sure.
We are hands on guys, we work in events, film & construction so we would be well placed to help out. We're out going, well travelled and good fun. Not afraid of hard work and getting stuck in. I can be reached on gmiller1@btinternet.com
We can arrive early and stay on after we are flexible. Look forward to learning more. What ever happens, good luck with 2019 Shipwreck Tiki Lounge!

Gav

brettr
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Shipwreck Tiki lounge seeks crew members for 2019 Burn

Post by brettr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:39 am

Hello Shipwreck Tiki Lounge
My Wife and I are first time burner want to be's. Unsuccessful at obtaining a general sale ticket but not giving up. We are both celebrating our 60th birthdays this year, mine on August 26th so appropriate adventure Burning Man. We have been studying all we can about the culture and purposes of living a burner lifestyle. We are not afraid of hard work and paying our dues. I have a contracting business in Colorado and am well versed in all forms of construction, a third generation Mason by trade. My wife is a magician in the kitchen and has been in the Catering/ Event venue arena for many years. She is also very artistic and can handle any type of craft work or tailoring. We just returned from a transatlantic crossing as crew members on a Lagoon 43 traveling from Portugal to the Caribbean for 3 months. Being sailors for the last 10 years Tiki Lounges are in our blood! Your camp sounds very intriguing as we are of the right mindset and age it sounds like. We want to learn everything we can from the right sources on how to do this right. If we sound like your kind of crewmates please respond.

Return to “Camps & Villages”