New new new lost where to begin

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Tiger Lilly
Burning Since: 2019

New new new lost where to begin

Post by Tiger Lilly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:29 pm

New to all of this. Lost in life. I believe burning man can change my life but how? Where do i start? Completely lost! No job! No money! No anything. What do I do? Is there even time? Do I have to try again next year?

Sham

Re: New new new lost where to begin

Post by Sham » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Tiger Lilly wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:29 pm
New to all of this. Lost in life. I believe burning man can change my life but how? Where do i start? Completely lost! No job! No money! No anything. What do I do? Is there even time? Do I have to try again next year?
Hi Tiger Lilly. I bumped this post over to the Greeter's Station as a more appropriate spot.
First, try to get a job as going to Burning Man can be a bit expensive, especially your first year.
Burning Man can be therapeutic, but certainly not the magic bullet to fix all that may be bothering you.
You can click the links in my signature below and read up on the First Timer's Guide and the Survival Guide.
YouTube has countless videos on every possible angle you could see the playa.
You have about 4 months before this years' event, so if you intend to go, work on securing a ticket and work outward from there.
Good luck.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Thank you thank you

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:40 am

Thanks for the welcome after further research I realize how unprepared I was for attempting to join this community. Wow. Even if I could get a ticket I don’t think I’d have enough time to prepare fully for what it takes to participate/survive burning man.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:15 am

You can start preparing now for next year, and also get involved in some of your Burning Man regionals (the local burns which go on in spring and summer), which usually require far less preparation than the main burn, but give you a good taste (or in some ways, a better taste) of these events and culture.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 am

Thank you thank you

Sham

Post by Sham » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Tiger Lilly wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 am
Thank you thank you
Tiger Lilly, I will tell you if you REALLY, REALLY want to come to Burning Man, you can do it. If it's a whim or a bucket list check-off, then you'll find it easy to blow off. You can do lots of homework and see what it's all about and decide if it's truly something in your soul.

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:42 pm

I’ve just spoken to the universe. I’m coming to burning man. I don’t know how & I don’t know the way but it is in my soul. Ready to become part of the BM community & gift my time in any way that I can to contribute to the BM movement. 🤝🔥💜🦋🌈🔥🧬🌞🌝🌀🧩🏵💯🔥🔥🔥

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Hey welcome! The event can be a life changing catharsis. It takes a lot of preparation, like a packing list.

It can be useful to say where you are geographically. And as BBadger says, look up regionals on burningman.org and read all the preparation material. Once you connect with your regional there are tons of no cost ways to become involved in projects of you have a lot of free time. You might meet some fine people too.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Tiger Lilly

Post by Tiger Lilly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Thank you I’m in Arizona

I found some great events to learn more. One being Saguaro Man which I don’t think I’ll make it to due to short notice. Dates: May 1 – May 5 2019
Location: Firebase Chaote (Near Wilcox) However I found another event being held for ones who can’t attend Sag Man & it’s called No Burner left behind.
This one is located in Phoenix Arizona at The Alwun House where space is being given for us to pARTicipate for first Friday.

Once I began networking & researching more about different events everything just came together & continues to do so!

The free event I found is titled IGNIGHT. This one is held in Phoenix AZ as well & is open to Burners and non-Burners who are interested in the art and culture of Burning Man.
IGNiGHT! celebrates the 10 principles of Burning Man through the art of the Arizona Burning Man community. This all-ages event will allow you to interact with a wide-variety of Burner art, learn about the culture of Burning Man through hands-on activities, make new connections and explore a world outside of your own.

Thank you everyone who has contributed to guiding me on this path!

-TigerLilly :D

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 am

welcome Aboard. Looks like you have found places to start. Have fun!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”