Farm or maker space from 5 - 19 August

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
kimbersykes
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Rubber Armstrong

Farm or maker space from 5 - 19 August

Post by kimbersykes » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:15 am

Hello fellow burners,

My partner and I have been running Rubber Armstrong Camp for the last 5 years from abroad (London, then Sydney and now Amsterdam). As you can imagine this presents some logistical problems that we manage to overcome each year. This year one of our saving graces, a disused airfield in Merced with a small connected "Granny Flat", has been sold and we no longer have a space to pre-build out infrastructure and design/build our installations and offerings.

Our build crew consists of 2 British, 2 Australian and 3 Americans that work the standard BM 18 hour work days for 3 weeks to make this possible for our camp of 50 people from around the world.

We are looking for a property half way between SF and Reno that has around 1/4 acre of space and somewhere to cook meals. Power and running water are also important. We are happy to stay in tents etc. but need space within driving distance of a hardware store, the closer the better of course.

If anyone knows anyone that might be interested in helping us we are happy to cover costs etc. and obviously have a team of skilled tradesmen with us that can help around the property if required.

If these peaks anyone's interest or sparks a light bulb please get in touch.

Dusty hugs,

Kimber and Kas.
Currently experimenting with the intricacies of time travel; see you last week

what time
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Farm or maker space from 5 - 19 August

Post by what time » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:18 am

and what was so possible? )))
then I am looking for a territory to build my dome and work on it inside, from June 14 to August 19, from Las Vegas to Reno
We need 4000 square meters, We are 4 people, clean, I will post a separate advertisement later)) if we are also lucky, maybe someone’s backyard)
:D
Nothing remains, everything changes, everything is burned, nothing remains

kimbersykes
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Rubber Armstrong

Re: Farm or maker space from 5 - 19 August

Post by kimbersykes » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:29 am

Hi whattime,

Let me know if you find anywhere we would be happy to split costs and even cook you meals (if you are lucky).
Currently experimenting with the intricacies of time travel; see you last week

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”