Ticket Handbook for navigating post-mess...

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
AddamsonFlint
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: The Flint Fix-It Fort

Ticket Handbook for navigating post-mess...

Post by AddamsonFlint » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 am

Hello fellow burners: friends and colleagues, frenemies and haters (you know there be some haters :wink: )

Happy 2019-

Still dusting off my eplaya from last year, I wanted to see about getting a post together, gathering a collective of some sort of "best practices" thread, for what one should to do remedy a few of the basic ills that befell a large number of poor souls on the battlefield at the Main Sale.

For instance, what if your card was charged, but no confirmation email sent? What is the basic path and steps for that one, just for example.

** It's important to emphasize, the point of this thread is to create a helpful reference tool.

Yes, there are plenty of people talking about the ticket mess and what to do. But it's scattered all over the interwebs, and wiiiildly inconsistent in recourse suggestions.

If we could compile the input on say 3 or 4 basic problems and the right solutions, we could then repost a cleaned up list of it (maybe even a sticky (should Trilobyte bless it lol).

Just my thoughts. After all, I think we would all benefit from less posts of basic stuff getting asked over and over again. And it would help the greater community.

Flint

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Ticket Handbook for navigating post-mess...

Post by Eric » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:56 pm

AddamsonFlint wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 am
For instance, what if your card was charged, but no confirmation email sent? What is the basic path and steps for that one, just for example.
That one is easy - you would contact Ticketing. They will be able to sort it out for you.

One extremely important thing to remember - all advise on the internet is random (even mine). Those of us who are Mods might have a little more "behind the scenes" knowledge, but not always, and the only people who can give an honest answer are the people from the department in question, in this case Ticketing. So if you have a general question or gripe, this thread is fine. If you have a specific question (ie: the credit card being charged), you would ALWAYS want to contact the department.

On the question of: "I didn't get a ticket in the sale, will I get one through (STEP etc etc)" - maybe, maybe not. Burning Man has been a sold-out event since 2011, there are simply more people who want to go than are allowed to be there (hard population cap). If you're meeting local Burners, being active with camps & art projects, working for it, then yes, there's a very good chance you'll get a ticket. If someone waits for one to fall in their lap ... not so much.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Return to “Tickets Discussion”