Experiences buying Limited/DaVinci/FOMO/EXPENSIVE tickets in aftermarket?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
justanta
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Whore's S'mores (in Ill Ville)

Experiences buying Limited/DaVinci/FOMO/EXPENSIVE tickets in aftermarket?

Post by justanta » Thu May 02, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi All,

My Mom today decided she would like to come to Burning Man this year. I've been trying to get her to come for a few years so I'm excited. She's low income for sure, but unfortunately that's closed. Oh well, if in a month or two I haven't found one, I've decided I'll foot the bill and get her a ticket if possible.

I'm just wondering what people's experiences buying and selling the expensive tickets after the sale have been? Luck on both sides? More tickets available than will sell? Just as hard as getting a lower priced ticket?

Thanks for any and all input!

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2022
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Re: Experiences buying Limited/DaVinci/FOMO/EXPENSIVE tickets in aftermarket?

Post by ACfromSAC » Fri May 03, 2019 10:58 am

Buying them is easy. They sell out but there is no mad rush, as their is for Main sale tickets. People are always able to sell them to other burners if they have extras. Prior to last year, many sellers were forced to sell the presale/DiVinci/FOMO tickets for less than what they paid for them, especially in the waning weeks before the event. Last year, however, they were still being sold for face value right up to the day of TTITD & posts advertising the tickets one ePlaya consistently received multiple responses.

Cliff's notes: Easier to buy, will sell out.

justanta
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Whore's S'mores (in Ill Ville)

Post by justanta » Sun May 05, 2019 1:17 pm

Thank you for your input! Seems like I shouldn't have too much trouble if I keep my eyes open.

tattooedreceptionist
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Fri May 10, 2019 7:44 am

I'm paranoid about ending up with fake tickets so I only buy 'aftermarket' tix if they havent shipped or if they are at will call. I still prefer to have em transferred to my name.

They do go quickly and the sellers are sometimes weary themselves to not get scammed, so every time I sent a "Im interested!" msged it would take a week for them to respond. I only buy from eplaya too, this is just me and my paranoia but plenty of ppl have no issues buying from other places. Good luck! :)
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

Mama Robyn
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Mama Robyn » Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Pretty sure I’m dealing with a scammer on Facebook right now. Will only accept Venmo and not PayPal.

Sham

Post by Sham » Fri May 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Mama Robyn wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 pm
Pretty sure I’m dealing with a scammer on Facebook right now. Will only accept Venmo and not PayPal.
Keep in mind that NO ONE has tickets in hand right now. Anyone selling you a ticket and getting paid, is a huge leap of faith on your part. There are so many scammers out there. Please be overly cautious.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”