I have heard that vehicle passes are easy to come by a few weeks before BM. True?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
mgunthe
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Respite

I have heard that vehicle passes are easy to come by a few weeks before BM. True?

Post by mgunthe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:52 pm

I've heard from several people that it won't be that difficult to find vehicle passes a few weeks before BM (I already have a ticket). Does that ring true?
Thanks

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: I have heard that vehicle passes are easy to come by a few weeks before BM. True?

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Maybe, but the unique screwups of the ticket sale this year makes it impossible to reliably compare how the secondary ticket market will unfold this year compared to last year.

The very best way to get a vehicle into the event is to partner up with low income ticket holders and carpool. They have the option of purchasing a vehicle pass at the gate - no one else can do that.

You can find them through your regional, or on the Burning Man ride sharing boards.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

atomosk
Burning Since: 2000

Re: I have heard that vehicle passes are easy to come by a few weeks before BM. True?

Post by atomosk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:47 pm

In my experience yes, it's not hard to find one and there's not much competition to buy them. But you have to be looking.

I'd recommend getting familiar with placed people offer them, be engaged and ready to respond when they get posted. Post requests or mention to friends you're looking for one.

There's no need to stress about a vehicle pass but there's no reason to wait until the last few weeks either.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”