Finding my Home <3

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Fiddlerfairie
Burning Since: 2019

Finding my Home <3

Post by Fiddlerfairie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Every seasoned burner remembers that feeling when they secured their first burning man tickets. Oh, the waves of emotion! What a roller coaster ride! I hit the main sale this year, and my wildest dreams came true. I'm going to go find my home *a place to belong*. I've dreamt of the playa since i was a young little bird learning to spread her wings and jump from the confines of the nest of comfort or what defaulters would call 'a normal life'. Im nothing in the sense - normal doesn't seem like a feasible option when standing out and radically expressing myself, souls purpose & creativity in this world seems to positively impact and uplift the world around me. I hope to get lost in the dust & find myself, I intended to cultivate a memorable experience for myself and all those i have the pleasure of interacting with - living life to the fullest and remembering how absolutely fleeting every second of this life is has me counting my many blessings. I look forward to finding more of my community, and the soul family my black sheep spirit has always sought for. I aim to create, share, collaborate on all the magic and music within this vastly diverse community. In the dust, we find our trust - within ourselves and resilient spirits. See you on the playa

Las Vegas, Nevada Native Currently living/traveling in Vancouver B.C. with my partner :

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Finding my Home <3

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Welcome to ePlaya!

We have questionable answers to your preparation questions.

The more in-person burner friends you have, the greater the possibilities to get the rest of your tickets. As for the vehicle pass, there are many rideshare opportunities. 5,000 low income ticket holders have the option to buy a vehicle pass at the gate - so carpool with one of them.

Also, packing list! And if you like, costumes-expressive clothing and accessories.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Fiddlerfairie

Post by Fiddlerfairie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks for the response! I appreciate the advice and am actively seeking out/reaching out to my community in every possible way.

Vehicle pass already secured
<3

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Moderator's note: you do not get to point people at your ticket request in your introduction.

Fiddlerfairie

Post by Fiddlerfairie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 pm

noted, my apologies

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:33 pm

It's okay. Tickets do come up in conversation, but there's a line, and if we are not strict, the board gets messy and confusing.

Welcome aboard!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”