What happens if your camp is placed but doesn't have enough tickets?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
ecoita
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Duane's Whirld

What happens if your camp is placed but doesn't have enough tickets?

Post by ecoita » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Hello good people,

I'm part of a small group who is planning to be placed this year as an interactive camp. Right now we have about half the tickets needed based on our application (total, 15 campers) and the question came up, "What happens if we don't get all our tickets?" Are we dinged for next year and won't be placed at all? Does the person who submitted the application get flagged in any way? Should we withdraw our application?

I don't foresee this as an issue, but some of the other campers did... so I'm doing a bit of research to weigh in on a response. I think that the ORG would understand if we don't get all the tickets (and why) within reason. I can't see a penalty being imposed on something we don't have control over, but I wanted to be sure. We also reached out to the placement team, but I'm sure they are covered up in emails right now. Once I hear back from them I will post their response here as well.

Thanks in advance for any info or shared experiences that can help!

Best,

ecoita
If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.

LowePro

Re: What happens if your camp is placed but doesn't have enough tickets?

Post by LowePro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 pm

In the latest Placement email newsletter, they said that placed camps are taking more space than ever, leaving less open space for general camping, and they asked camps to welcome/allow open campers into their space, so if you end up with more room than you need, due to lack of tickets, I'm sure people would appreciate being able to use the space for general camping/join your camp.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Very confusing question.

15 people in your camp.

You only have 7-8 tickets.

Your camp is trying to get more tickets.

So are you unable to bring your interactive camp n thing if all you have is 7-8 people?

Or

Are you worried that the 7-8 people do bring the camp and all it’s interactive glory but someone in the BORG is gonna come over and count?

If all you need is helping hands and bodies ... there will be hoards of people, mostly from far far away, that will look for camps to call home.

ecoita
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Duane's Whirld

Post by ecoita » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 am

It would be the 2nd one. Sorry for the confusing question... I'm asking for someone else.

Yes, adding people to the camp should be rather easy. I didn't think someone from the BORG would come, count heads and issue a citation because we're short a few people based on our application - but wanted to verify.
If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.

pedroescobar
Burning Since: 2017

Post by pedroescobar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:54 am

ecoita wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 am
It would be the 2nd one. Sorry for the confusing question... I'm asking for someone else.

Yes, adding people to the camp should be rather easy. I didn't think someone from the BORG would come, count heads and issue a citation because we're short a few people based on our application - but wanted to verify.
They won't count heads, but if you have a ton of excess space and deliver a sh!tty experience in interactivity you probably won't get placement the following year.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”