What is the thinnest, lightest commercially available helmet that will still stay put pretty solidly on my head? (Preferably without an unsightly and uncomfortable chin strap)
- Hockey helmet - great because it will stay put without the chin strap cinched up, but a little bulkier than I was hoping for. Also, a new one is $60 or so, and a used one is likely to be somewhat nasty.
- Jockey helmet - shows some promise but I've never worn one - will it hold itself in place without the chin strap choking me to death?
- Snowboard Helmet - There are some pretty cool low profile ones, but they are still designed to shield against heavy impact, so a bit bulkier than need be. Seems the best candidate right now.
- Outlaw motorcycle helmet - Lots of cool ones, but they tend to be expensive - not something I want to hack up and screw blinky crap to.
- Airsoft/Paintball helmet - these mostly have face shields, or else they are modeled after real combat helmets that are bulkier than I need.
- Home made - I'm hoping to avoid this, mostly because I know myself, and I know if I MAKE a helmet, I will wind up spending a lot more time on it than I need to and probably more money in the end than just buying one. If it is the only way though, I could make one. Anyone have any links I could use?