Bicycle Advise for a Scottish Traveller

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
TitsMcGhie
Burning Since: 2014

Bicycle Advise for a Scottish Traveller

Post by TitsMcGhie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:39 am

Hi Everyone,

A few of us are travelling over from Scotland for our 1st BM. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we might purchase/hire bicycles? We are already spending huge amounts of money on flights etc so the cheaper the better for bicycles would be great:)

Vicky

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Service

Re: Bicycle Advise for a Scottish Traveller

Post by Elliot » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 am

I know a guy who might have a suggestion. :wink:
See a certain other thread.
Our address in 2019 is at 4:00 & Cupid
NOW HIRING BICYCLE TECHNICIANS
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Massage Clinic, Body Painting Studio, & Piano Lounge

Wrath

Post by Wrath » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Get Burner Express tickets that allow bicycles. Then fly to SF, purchase a bike, & cruise to Black Rock City in style.

Don Rafa's Cyclery
2929 16th St.

Huckleberry Bicycles
1073 Market St.

AbundantChoice

Post by AbundantChoice » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Only buy a bike if you have a specific plan to donate it somewhere that can actually use it afterwards... tons of bicycles get left behind every year and are a big, sucky problem.

There are tons of Burning Man bike "rental" services, from Playa Bike Repair, Hammer & Cyclery, the Kiwanis program in Reno, other people on this board, etc etc. that are probably a much better option
All Black Holes Begin As Stars.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm nudging this over to the Transportation board, since that's a better fit.

leia
Burning Since: 2014

Post by leia » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:03 am

I have the some problem as I come from europe too. I booked the bikes at the kiwani bike programm in Reno and going to spend some more dollars into a cheap bike rack at walmart if i couldn't put the bikes into our car.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:56 am

Tits: I'm thinking out loud here, but only half kidding.

You folks brew, IMHO, some of the best liquor in the known universe. Were I you, I might be inclined to bring some of your best local bitters and serve them abundantly. When all your new friends pass out, you will have your pick of the bikes. :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:58 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:Tits: I'm thinking out loud here, but only half kidding.

You folks brew, IMHO, some of the best liquor in the known universe. Were I you, I might be inclined to bring some of your best local bitters and serve them abundantly. When all your new friends pass out, you will have your pick of the bikes. :mrgreen:
What a great idea! :lol:
Luckily, for the imbibers, Tits and her friends already have bicycles reserved from me.

(I'm all out now, though.)
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Massage Clinic, Body Painting Studio, & Piano Lounge

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Elliott, you are indeed a man of many talents, but damn ya all to hell anyway, I was working on gettin' some of that wunnerful Scottish grog served-up by big buzzumed redheads with funny accents!

(Say: Can you cancel that reservation very quietly, or will I need to find someone else to corrupt?) :mrgreen:

On a serious note, its great you could help these folks. And as your bestest friend, I expect you to share. Hehehehe!
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:36 pm

You will note my camp is a "Bicycle and Beverage Establishment". We can always hope the ladies from Scotland will bring a wee drop for the Beverage part of it.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”