It's..... the partial list of 2014 Theme Camps!

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

It's..... the partial list of 2014 Theme Camps!

Post by trilobyte » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:38 pm

This year's partial list of theme camps is up! Check it out here.

I say partial because this is by no means a complete list of theme camps. It's not even a complete list of the camps that registered for placement. This listing comes from those camps that submitted a placement questionnaire, provided some info about their camp, and chose to make that information available to the public. Please understand that being on this list is not a guarantee that a camp that filled out the form will be placed. Theme camp placement notifications should happen in early July. But for those who are looking for fun camps to join, or those who are just really excited and want to see what other people are getting up to, this is a great resource.

2014 Theme Camps!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: It's..... the partial list of 2014 Theme Camps!

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:16 pm

I see Dye with Dignity! At the bottom of the Ds!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Say, that Barbie Death Camp and, what, Barbie Death Village certainly look like a helluva lot of fun! Not as much fun as Dye With Dignity (I mean really, who is?) but fun none the less.

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Post by Just_Joe » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Our name edit didn't make it in -"The Express Lot" vs "Express Lot" but at least, we're somebody!!

[media]

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:45 pm

SQUEEEEEEE! I see Flamingos FTW! :D :D :D

tatonka
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:56 pm

thanks this is really helpful :)
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:39 am

@Just_Joe (as well as any other camp who's not happy with their listing). The info on that page was taken directly from the placement questionnaire. Your theme camp coordinator (ie - person who filled out the form and is listed as primary contact with the placement team) can request a change. To do so, the camp coordinator should send an email to placement@burningman.com with the camp name (as it was entered on the questionnaire) in the subject line along with the words "Listing Change Request" - and then in the subject line, ask (nicely, of course) if they could make whatever change that you'd like them to make. Don't get too long and windy, either in your email or in what you're changing (fairly short camp names and brief, one paragraph description text).

Right now, the placement team is ABSOLUTELY SWAMPED! They're all not only busy with their jobs and lives, but they're slaving away working long hours into the night reading through applications and figuring out all the details so they can get placement announced in early July. But someone should hopefully be able to get to your request within a couple days.

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:43 am

Thank you, trilobyte, for linking to this - I also spotted an error in my camp's information (and have taken the necessary steps to request it be corrected).
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:53 am

Excellent (not the error, but in taking steps)!

On a related note, be nice to your camp leaders if there's a mistake. Even if they did something dopey like mispell a name or post the wrong URL, cut them some slack! :) The placement questionnaire is long and arduous, something like 70+ questions, it's easy to get disoriented and confused even if you've been doing it for years and years.

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Post by Just_Joe » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks Trilo, good info for everybody. I'm not un-happy and didn't mean seem that way.
We've made a couple of minor tweaks since the original app. I submitted them in all at once, about a week ago in a single, short, concise email. I've received acknowledgment.
And yea, they're busy. I'm leaving them alone unless it's a material change -like not coming, area requested change, camp name change, added 400 watt sound system, stuff like that.
trilobyte wrote:@Just_Joe (as well as any other camp who's not happy with their listing). The info on that page was taken directly from the placement questionnaire. Your theme camp coordinator (ie - person who filled out the form and is listed as primary contact with the placement team) can request a change. To do so, the camp coordinator should send an email to placement@burningman.com with the camp name (as it was entered on the questionnaire) in the subject line along with the words "Listing Change Request" - and then in the subject line, ask (nicely, of course) if they could make whatever change that you'd like them to make. Don't get too long and windy, either in your email or in what you're changing (fairly short camp names and brief, one paragraph description text).

Right now, the placement team is ABSOLUTELY SWAMPED! They're all not only busy with their jobs and lives, but they're slaving away working long hours into the night reading through applications and figuring out all the details so they can get placement announced in early July. But someone should hopefully be able to get to your request within a couple days.

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:37 am

And there is my lovely home, Retrofrolic!

But out description sounds so scholarly! More like: we're a bunch of perverts that will help you either find the inner perv you never knew you had, or help you become the best perv you can be. Workshops, games & play spaces. And we have mead to share :wink:
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by tamarakay » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:51 am

:oops: you guys make me blush. And doc is right, no one is more fun than dye with dignity! But we owe it all to doc and the Barbie paint and body shop. If I hadn't been roped into painting boobies that wonderful day at Barbie death camp none of the rest would have followed.

Thanks doc! Membership has it's privileges indeed.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:30 am

Serendipity follows us wherever we go.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:35 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:Serendipity follows us wherever we go.
eh?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

jewelzontheplaya
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by jewelzontheplaya » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 am

Happiness is being placed at BM, ANYWHERE, just as long as we get placed in the event! Thanks to the Placement Crew!
Live the life you Love, Love the life you live ~ Robert Nesta Marley

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 am

jewelzontheplaya wrote:Happiness is being placed at BM, ANYWHERE, just as long as we get placed in the event! Thanks to the Placement Crew!
That's what I'M talking about. You could put me at 1:15 and the trash fence, and as long as I'm in the dust, it's all good.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

Return to “2014 Theme Camps”