Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by trilobyte » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am

You still haven't received your Burning Man ticket order? Take a few deep breaths... have a little patience... there's no need to freak out just yet.

The ticket mailing continues, and will likely continue for the next few weeks. I know, we all want those orders to go out instantly... but it's a manual process. Rather than holding everybody's orders until all the orders are filled, they send them in batches. I know, it's nerve-wracking to see others posting about having their tickets in hand. The ticket team will send the word out when they've sent them all out (stay tuned to their Twitter feed or for a post here).

What about tickets being sent without notifications? From what we've seen, that's been happening sporadically on very few orders. The Burning Man ticket team and the folks at TicketFly have been investigating and fixing any problems that they find. If you, or someone you know has received your ticket order without getting a shipment notification, please send an FYI email to ticketsupport@burningman.com - include your order # in the email. I know, you don't actually need any help yourself, but info about your order might help them identify a pattern so they can make sure everyone else's ticket orders do get notifications.

It's natural to feel a bit of anxiety - you've been planning out the details of your art or your camp or your personal burn preparation for months - as we get closer to the day the gates open and as we see others posting stuff, getting nervous is normal. It's okay though - tickets are still mailing and will be for a while yet. We'll let you know when that phase has ended, but if you haven't gotten your ticket order by then there's still no need to freak out - the ticket team should still be able to get you taken care of in plenty of time.

FireflyTX
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Swamp Fuckits

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by FireflyTX » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:59 am

THANK YOU! This is probably what all of us over anxious worriers needed. I feel so much better after reading this!!! A little reassurance now and then definitely calms the panic. At least my panic. THANKS!
Miss Black Rock City 2014
Miss Burning Flipside 2013
Burning Texas Flipizen since 2008

pinkpank

Post by pinkpank » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks!

One question: Do you know if the e-mail notification will be coming from the same e-mail address as the original order, "memberservices@ticketfly.com"?

This will make it easier to watch/search for it - for those of us with over-cluttered mailboxes, ADD, or overly aggressive spam filters. :)

pinkpank

LittleJack
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Hushville

Post by LittleJack » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Tickets will continue to go out for the next few weeks? We paid for these months ago, so there shouldn't be any surprise or mystery how many orders there are to fulfill. Yes, I understand that it's a manual process that takes time, and my point is that Ticketfly has had lots of time already. These should have been packaged and staged to all go out at the preordained date.
--------
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, earthy and full bodied!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

LJ, I'm sure Ticketfly would love to have you go to work for them and start barking out orders on how to do it better.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:15 pm

@pinkpank - offhand, I couldn't tell you. I haven't gotten my own ticket yet. Perhaps someone who has can weigh in with that info.

@LittleJack - This is the preordained schedule. Ticket orders don't take this long because they can't be sent out any sooner, the delay is to reduce the risks of counterfeiting.

fernley1
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks for the information Trilobyte.
I was starting to wonder where they were.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:46 pm

my email shipping notice/confirmation came from ticketfly
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

oly14
Camp Name: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Post by oly14 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm

pinkpank wrote:One question: Do you know if the e-mail notification will be coming from the same e-mail address as the original order, "memberservices@ticketfly.com"?
The email comes from fulfillment@ticketfly.com.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 pm

The email will be addressed from "Ticketfly Fulfillment" (fulfillment@ticketfly.com)

My confirmation email just arrived 10 minutes ago. :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Jovankat
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:27 pm

trilobyte wrote: If you, or someone you know has received your ticket order without getting a shipment notification, please send an FYI email to ticketsupport@burningman.com - include your order # in the email. I know, you don't actually need any help yourself, but info about your order might help them identify a pattern so they can make sure everyone else's ticket orders do get notifications
Yes! This! Just because your tickets arrived safely doesn't change the fact that their system isn't working properly. Please let them know so they can fix it

Morrell
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Morrell » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:06 am

Because I am never at home during the day, I asked for my tickets to be sent to my work where there would always be someone there to sign for them. Not only did I not get an email notification, my lazy ass postal worker just left my tickets in the mail box.

tahiti_treat
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: NoTown

Post by tahiti_treat » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 am

I haven't even started looking for mine yet. I'm guessing that the Canadian orders are getting sent out after the U.S. orders are done.

Aithghen

Post by Aithghen » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:51 pm

This causes a bit of an issue for me. My road trip to burning man literally begins on August 1st. What do I do if my ticket hasn't come by then? I didn't change my address because it said ticket fulfillment was the middle of June. So what happens if I never end up getting my tickets as a result of this?

MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Aithghen wrote:This causes a bit of an issue for me. My road trip to burning man literally begins on August 1st. What do I do if my ticket hasn't come by then? I didn't change my address because it said ticket fulfillment was the middle of June. So what happens if I never end up getting my tickets as a result of this?
You can probably call/email ticketing and they will change your order to will call, which sucks, but seems like your best option if you dont get them before you leave.

arsenik101

Post by arsenik101 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Hope to receive it before august 13 because im taking the plane from
Canada .
waiting for my ticket or take the plane?

Monkeystyle
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Post by Monkeystyle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:07 pm

yeah, I'm driving in from Manitoba and haven't gotten an email yet either. you would think that ticketfly would send out the international orders first as people have longer to travel and might be leaving earlier, but no such luck it seems. as it stands I'm leaving here august 21st and SHOULD have my ticket well before then. but for people leaving before you get your tickets, get in touch with ticket info and tell them whats going on and hopefully you can give your order number, then void those ticket numbers, and you et shiny new ones at will call. more of a pain in the ass then should be needed, but its better then missing a flight.

Maizie

Post by Maizie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm in a similar boat - driving in from Saskatchewan, and leaving on August 16th. I'm still hopeful that I'll get an email soon, and my tickets shortly thereafter, but I'm also trying to figure out what a reasonable date is to try and make alternative arrangements.
"At least half of planning for a successful Burn includes thinking of how to avoid being a problem for others." - delle

Monkeystyle

Post by Monkeystyle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:19 pm

oh yeah? are you in the Saskatchewan burners bus group? do you know if they are bussing it down again this year?

Monkeystyle

Post by Monkeystyle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:21 pm

I GOT THE E-MAIL!!! confirmation e-mail just came! and then I woke up my gf by doing a dance in the living room lol.

Maizie

Post by Maizie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:31 pm

I don't think the bus is going down this year - although I could be wrong! It appears to be taking a break (as per Facebook). I'm just driving down with the boy.

I just got my confirmation email too!! It came from Canada Post, not from TicketFly, so that's something to be aware of if you're Canadian!

Monkeystyle - was your confirmation from Canada Post as well, or did you get an email from TicketFly as well?
"At least half of planning for a successful Burn includes thinking of how to avoid being a problem for others." - delle

Monkeystyle

Post by Monkeystyle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:42 pm

it came from Canada post on behalf of ticketfly lol
they must have done a big group of Canadian tickets today. or at least the prairies.

WaitingForTicket
Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: asdf

Post by WaitingForTicket » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 am

... still waiting and will be out of town for a week starting next Tuesday. Undoubtedly, this is when they'll send it. Hard to figure out which has been more worthless, Ticketfly for the horrible roll out, or @Bmantickets which hasn't replied to any user concerns since tickets started being distributed.

If this was the plan all along, it was undoubtedly created by the same people who came up with the lottery.

tahiti_treat
Camp Name: NoTown

Post by tahiti_treat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:18 am

Yep, we got ours too!! (another Saskatchewanite here) The email came from donotreplyATcanadapostDOTpostescanadaDOTca, if any other Canucks wanna put that address in their 'safe' folder so it doesn't go to junk.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Madgirl
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Madgirl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:36 am

Ticketfly handled the ticketing for our regional burn this year and there were distribution issues for that as well, so my instinct is to lay the blame on them rather than the BM ticketing crew...but I'm doing my best to just be patient and keeping my fingers crossed that I get that dang email soon.
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

Fidget

Post by Fidget » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:37 am

No sign of ours out here in Vancouver yet. Ferociously checking the mail every day! :)
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Niobium
Camp Name: Asterix

Post by Niobium » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:06 am

I'm a little bit surprised that the UPS expedited tickets are going out slower than the regular US-Canada shipments. Everyone in Victoria BC seems to be getting theirs except the people that shelled out that extra 10 bucks. :roll:

Fidget

Post by Fidget » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Of course as soon as I post this the gf texts me to say she got the email notification that the tickets have been sent out!

Niobium - any chance you are with the Tree House crew over in Vic?
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Monkeystyle

Post by Monkeystyle » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:30 pm

yeah, I'm glad i didn't pay the extra money for faster shipping. if your ticket gets mailed out 2 weeks after someone else has theirs sent then what was the point?

Jovankat
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:40 pm

I got the email!! :mrgreen:

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”