Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by maladroit » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 am

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 am

I thought it was maybe alphabetical, but a W in our camp just got them. For what it's worth, our camp's three heaviest masochists are still waiting. How does Ticketfly know to torture us?
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:46 am

There's a subliminal test in the ticket buying process.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

rudbyrd
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet

Post by rudbyrd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Finally got my package from UPS. YES!!! But wait, I ordered 2 tickets and 2 vehicle passes, there were 4 tickets and 3 passes. SHIT!!!
I called ticketfly and the tickets I got were 2 other orders. So back to the drawing board.

And no, I never did get an email from them letting me know my tickets were coming.

Ticketfly said they would resend mine today. However, I am not real confident as they have been pretty unresponsive throughout this whole situation.

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by tamarakay » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Waited at the house all morning, mowed the lawn, sat on the porch and waited. Took a QUICK and I mean quick rinse, maybe 45 seconds in the shower and you guessed it. Bastard postman left my package notice. 45 seconds! Damn it. Went by post office but it's still out with the postman. Considered stalking him but decided the stallion and I will have to forego our usual Saturday morning activities and get to the post office.
Still nothing from the raffle.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

tamarakay

Post by tamarakay » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:58 pm

I take that back, just heard the raffle ticket is on it's way!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

sadie
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Solomio

Post by sadie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Still no word on my ticket. I got the vehicle pass 2 or 3 weeks ago - it was preceded by an email notification, and I had to sign for it. I had ordered it in the pre-sale, and my ticket in the regular sale. I confirmed with ticket support that separate orders = separate envelopes. So my van can get in....
If I've told you once, I've told you ten thousand times..jazz hands goddammit....JAZZ HANDS!!!

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2022
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Post by ACfromSAC » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm

rudbyrd wrote:I ordered 2 tickets and 2 vehicle passes, there were 4 tickets and 3 passes.
Supposing, for a moment, that you weren't the honest type that would bring receiving extra tickets and vehicle passes to the attention of the ticket distributor... what's to stop you from selling the extra tickets and passes? This isn't the first post I've read about extra tickets accidentally being mailed out. This seems like it could get a little messy come event time, no?

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:10 pm

We were just talking about that. It appears that they have the actual people that the tickets were supposed to ship to associated with the ticket numbers; or else they wouldn't have been able to tell who the order was for.

If that's the case, and the people that were supposed to get the tickets called and said they never received them, I'd guess that the first order of business would be for Ticketfly to void the ticket numbers. So, anyone that got the tickets for that order or anyone they sold the extras to, would arrive at the gate with useless tickets.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2022
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Post by ACfromSAC » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:13 pm

jkisha wrote:So, anyone that got the tickets for that order or anyone they sold the extras to, would arrive at the gate with useless tickets.
UGH. Could you imagine? All that excitement, planning, packing, waiting in line for 5 hours, get to the gate and hand them your ticket only to find out it's voided because there was an error made with ticket distribution. Now THAT would be a heck of a burn.

maladroit

Post by maladroit » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Yeah...what if you get the same number of tickets you were supposed to get...there is no way for you to even suspect that something is wrong. Yet someone else did not get their tickets, reports a problem, and your tickets are now voided. There is no way they could even attempt to tell you that the tickets you have in hand are voided, since they were sent to you by mistake.

I got tickets a few weeks ago (still waiting on another), but I don't have a packing slip inside the envelope that would let me confirm these tickets are actually supposed to be mine.

catsland

Post by catsland » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Woo Hoo! Got the email just now.

moonwatcher
Camp Name: The Dusty Beavers

Post by moonwatcher » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:17 pm

I have one of the screwed up orders. You can read all the juicy details on another thread. I had been waiting for a resolution for almost 3 weeks.

But I will say that in the last couple days, Ticketfly seems to be coming through for me. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
The Ticketfly folks are actively working on problem orders.

My missing ticket is apparently to be shipped out soon. :D

Hang in there!!
Buy the ticket, take the ride!

FossaFerox
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Post by FossaFerox » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:30 pm

My tickets included a ticket sized piece of cardstock with my name. That would let you know you got the right order...
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:35 pm

re: voided tickets showing up at the Gate.

My case resolved around a missing ticket. And in some ways, that may be easier to fix.

But obviously some folks got more tickets than they ordered.
I am sure that some thought they scored. If they decided to remain silent, they are not helping resolve the ticket fulfillment issue. They are trying to unduly benefit from someone's good faith mistake. If they then go and sell/gift or otherwise recirculate these tickets, then *they* are responsible for whatever bad things happen at the Gate. Not only are they making Ticketfly's work harder, but they are placing other burners in a potential bad spot.

If you have reason(s) to believe your order is wrong (even if it is to your advantage), the responsible thing to do is to contact Ticket Support.

I think, and I hope, that if Ticketfly cancels tickets they will either let you know or list the numbers on the voided ticket list.
Ticketfly may have lost track of some tickets, yes. But cancelling them wholesale would be crazy. If you have the right number of tickets and those tickets are not on the voided list. I think you are OK.

rudbyrd
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet

Post by rudbyrd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 pm

ACfromSAC wrote:
rudbyrd wrote:I ordered 2 tickets and 2 vehicle passes, there were 4 tickets and 3 passes.
Supposing, for a moment, that you weren't the honest type that would bring receiving extra tickets and vehicle passes to the attention of the ticket distributor... what's to stop you from selling the extra tickets and passes? This isn't the first post I've read about extra tickets accidentally being mailed out. This seems like it could get a little messy come event time, no?
These have been reported to Ticketfly and Burning Man I was told they were going to be cancelled. And I don't want to be the one who causes someone else problems. That whole Karma thing

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:38 pm

FossaFerox wrote:My tickets included a ticket sized piece of cardstock with my name. That would let you know you got the right order...
Not necessarily, unfortunately.
I had the right cardboard receipt (my name/address, the price I paid, etc) but the order was still wrong.

remi

Post by remi » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:32 pm

ACfromSAC wrote:
jkisha wrote:So, anyone that got the tickets for that order or anyone they sold the extras to, would arrive at the gate with useless tickets.
UGH. Could you imagine? All that excitement, planning, packing, waiting in line for 5 hours, get to the gate and hand them your ticket only to find out it's voided because there was an error made with ticket distribution. Now THAT would be a heck of a burn.
That's why you shouldn't purchase any tickets from a third party.. especially now that tickets are out.

I'm starting to understand the stress that some of you are going through. My condolences, and I hope everything works out in the end.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Scary part of all this is that the concerns and complaints expressed on this board are just a fraction of the ticket buyers in general.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:34 am

One of our camp masochists got email AND ticket yesterday.

I got junk mail. :cry:
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

thetraveler

Post by thetraveler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:04 pm

No email - not in the spam folder, not in the inbox, not to a different email address, no notification whatsoever.

I am crazy busy and rarely home.

Off at yoga this morning, the boyfriend is sound asleep, suddenly there's a *policearebangingmydoornown* knock. He gets up in his underwear and answers the door. It's our mail lady with the tickets.

So no notification, but correct order, correct address, and they were delivered.

One-Eye

Post by One-Eye » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Ok - here's my story:

After not having received my tickets by July 19-20th I decided to take my friends advice and contact Ticketfly via their support page. Of course, when this page is accessed there is a big disclaimer at the top saying something to the effect of "BURNING MAN fulfillment is still on-going - if you haven't received your ticket, don't worry!" (basically the message is a means to prevent people from using the contact function to check on their tickets unless they have "legitimate" concerns).

I decided to contact them anyway and simply asked where the hell the tickets are...

2 days later I received a response from ticketfly stating that the order had already shipped and was given a tracking number (of course, I never received a notification email despite having received the 'address update' email a month or so earlier).

When I looked up the tracking number on the USPS website my heart sunk: the tracking info hadn't been updated in about 5 days and the package was (ostensibly) sitting in a shipping facility about 70 miles from my house (I live about 5 miles from San Francisco where the package was shipped from)... I suspected something was up and contacted USPS. After 45mins on the phone, I was told that my tickets had been sent to the wrong facility and that they did not know why it hadn't been returned to the appropriate facility after so long. I was told the package was currently unable to be located...

Luckily, a few days later a postal inspector called and let me know that the package was found and was being resent to the facility in my area so it could be delivered - so all appears to be well.

The take-away from my experience is this: to Ticketfly and all the folks here on the forums that keep saying "If you haven't received your tickets - don't worry! Don't do anything - just hang tight and you'll be fine!" - to all the folks that say that: FUCK OFF!! If I didn't worry or take a proactive approach to the situation my tickets would have probably never left the damn facility as USPS did nothing to remedy the situation until I contacted them. Accordingly, my advice to those that have yet to receive tickets/a notification email at this point: contact ticketfly immediately

nocturnal_steve
Burning Since: 1997

Post by nocturnal_steve » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Stay hydrated my friend.

sayZar1999

Post by sayZar1999 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:29 pm

After reading the above post I went to Ticketfly's website to check the status of my tickets. They had already been sent. I was unable to update my address with ticketfly as I missed the deadline to update my address with the deadline by one hour. Literally. I had a feeling that this might be an issue. I moved but kept my address the same as long as I could. Ticketfly never sent me an email.

I called Ticketfly and the lady there gave me a tracking number. They were shipped to me from San Francisco on July 16th. They arrived in Red Bluff, CA at my old address on July 18th. There is an entry in the tracking information on July 18th at *8:18am that says "Undeliverable as Addressed", another entry at 8:19am that says "Sorting Complete", another entry at 8:20am that says "Undeliverable as Addressed", and yet another entry at 10:17am that says "forwarded". Cripes. Now for the strange part. Rather than being forwarded to my new address (also in Red Bluff) there is the last entry (so far) in the tracking information that says

"Your item was processed through and left our SAN DIEGO, CA 92199 facility on July 25, 2014 at 11:39 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

What does this mean?

Why did it leave Red Bluff and go all the way to San Diego? This makes no sense. HELP!
I am today a better person not because of all my successes in life, but because of all my failures.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021

Post by lucky420 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Did you ever put in a change of address with the post office in the first place?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

sayZar1999

Post by sayZar1999 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Yes I did. 8 days before the tickets were shipped.
I am today a better person not because of all my successes in life, but because of all my failures.

Bachus
Burning Since: 1998
Camp Name: Airport

Post by Bachus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:55 pm

FYI.
Just received my tickets in the mail July 26. Never received any e-mail that they were coming.
“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.”
― Toni Morrison, Song of Solomon

"Humankind.... why not both?"

Aithghen

Post by Aithghen » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:36 pm

I also received my tickets today. I did not however ever receive the e-mail notification. So just letting you all know this issue still seems unresolved, so keep a sharp eye on those mailboxes folks.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Does Ticketfly update the order info with a tracking number when it ships? Or otherwise give some indication of whether or not it has shipped?
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:36 pm

I just got mine with no warning whatsoever.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”