Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by Popeye » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:37 pm

From today's JRS:
And if you're waiting for your purchased ticket to arrive, we're told that the last of them will be put in the mail by Friday, so keep an eye on that mailbox!

Give it two weeks before you panic :D

Kenrock

Post by Kenrock » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:54 pm

My name starts with an S and I bought my ticket in the General Sale. I just received my email (9pm). Hang in there.
Wait for it. Wait for it.

omegared
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Kamp Joe 4 President

Post by omegared » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:04 am

fernley1 wrote:Really?
My name starts with a S and I have not got my tickets yet either.
But I know someone who last name starts with a W and they got theirs.
I sent ticketfly an e-mail.
Has anyone got an answer from ticketfly using e-mail, or should I call?
I sent them an email last week and got a reply after about 2 days... your basic canned "Please be patient, tickets are shipping out in batches and not all have shipped yet." response. Everything I already knew with no real information about my particular tickets. Planning on calling today when their customer service department opens.
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."

omegared

Post by omegared » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:40 am

Because I bought from a 3rd party on the other side of the globe I was a bit nervous about the whole delay in fulfillment situation. Just called Ticketfly... after sitting on hold for about 15 minutes I got to talk to a representative. All the info from said 3rd party was correct and I was able to discuss the specifics of the ticket with her. Confirmed that the ticket had not shipped, and the shipping information had indeed been switched into my name and address... WHEW!!! She informed me that the delay was due to the fact that the original purchaser had changed the ticket from Will Call to be shipped out to me. If you did something similar, or changed your ticket from Will Call to ship to your house, we're last in line people :(. All people who initially chose to have their tickets shipped out are getting served this week, then next week all the switcheroos start getting served.
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2023
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Post by ACfromSAC » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 am

No email received but a delivery slip left on my door yesterday! Off to the post office at lunch :D

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 am

It sounds like Ticketfly doesn't really understand the situation here. These aren't tickets to a Coldplay concert. You can't have everything come together on the last possible day, and simply throw on some ratty jeans to stroll downtown to pay $12 for a plastic cup of beer. This is more like planning a moon mission, some people will need to leave for the playa in a week or two. If tickets are being shipped through NEXT week, then we could see them arriving just one frickin week before the event. Correction: We could see people FINDING OUT IF they'll arrive, correct and intact, one week before the event, and less than a week to resolve any problems!

arsenik101

Post by arsenik101 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 am

I send a email to change it for will call! leaving in less then
2 weeks from Canada and need to be on the playa august 18! Still waiting
for a answer!

Janet Planet
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Sugar and Salt

Post by Janet Planet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am

I took Kaos's advice and called Ticketfly. I waited on hold less than 4 minutes.
The rep told me my tickets had shipped "the 28th or the 29th, I think". (I didn't get any confirmation email). I asked for a confirmation number, and sat on hold for a short time. The rep came back and said he would email me the confirmation number "again", but I also asked him to dictate it to me. I was able to check the USPS site and am relieved to see it's all on the way; it left the SF post office around midnight last night.
The email came a minute later, from Customer Support.

All in all, it was a quick positive interaction with TicketFly.

If you haven't had news yet, DO call them just to reassure yourself. And when you get through to them, don't be a panicky freak, OK?
Remember your compassion for the person sitting in a cubicle in a drywalled room with fluourescent lights and a headset in their ear.

Roundabout
Camp Name: Playa Choir

Post by Roundabout » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:53 am

My ticket arrived today! Signature was required, but had not received the shipping notice email. Order is intact. My last name begins with a C. Ordered in the directed sale. No changes were made to the order ever.
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

Sarcophyton

Post by Sarcophyton » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Ditto to all roundabout's details but bought mine in general sale. :D :D :D

PhantomGreen

Post by PhantomGreen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:25 pm

I took the advice posted here and called Ticketfly after not receiving a response to the email I sent 2.5 days ago. My last name starts with an S, and the girl on the phone told me that they are just starting to fulfill orders for people whose names start with that letter, so all Smiths, Strattons, Simons, and Samuels take heart! I will supposedly be receiving the shipping notification sometime between this afternoon and Friday. Fingers crossed that they ship the order correctly now.

skippy3k
Camp Name: 8:15 and J....or close to it.

Post by skippy3k » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Not to be pessimistic, but I wonder if you told her your last name started with a "K", she would say "oh, we are just processing the K's today so you should get yours soon."

Ok, that was a little pessimistic. :)
I'm a fixer. I fix things.

fernley1
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:47 pm

I do hope this is true.
My last name starts with a S too.
Seems like such a long wait.

Nipple
Burning Since: 2017

Post by Nipple » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:55 pm

maladroit wrote:It sounds like Ticketfly doesn't really understand the situation here. These aren't tickets to a Coldplay concert. You can't have everything come together on the last possible day, and simply throw on some ratty jeans to stroll downtown to pay $12 for a plastic cup of beer. This is more like planning a moon mission, some people will need to leave for the playa in a week or two. If tickets are being shipped through NEXT week, then we could see them arriving just one frickin week before the event. Correction: We could see people FINDING OUT IF they'll arrive, correct and intact, one week before the event, and less than a week to resolve any problems!
Those people can have my personal invite to begin preparing now, before their tickets arrive.

I'll allow it. JUST THIS ONCE.

maladroit

Post by maladroit » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Nipple wrote:Those people can have my personal invite to begin preparing now, before their tickets arrive.

I'll allow it. JUST THIS ONCE.
You missed the point. No one is sitting around refusing to do any Burning Man packing until they see a ticket. However, a week is very little time to deal with problems like getting only one out of two tickets, not getting a vehicle pass, getting someone else's order (and risking finding out at Gate that your tickets were voided) and so on. No opportunity to get extra tickets to those who need them. It's been cut way too fine and way too sloppily to have any confidence in the process at this point.

chucktwo
Burning Since: 2011

Post by chucktwo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Finally!!

No email, had to sign for them (luckily my wife is off on Wed), and last name starts with M....
"What delights us expands us and loosens the living spark buried under our studied complacency"

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2023
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Post by ACfromSAC » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Last name of C, tickets received today!

Parking pass ordered through presale received a few weeks back. *Shrug*

fernley1
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Got the e-mail!!!!!!!!!
Feeling Happy!

jayswain
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Barechested Baristas

Post by jayswain » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Got my tickets at the directed group sale, got an email today saying they will be shipped.

If I said don't panic, I would be a hipocrite.

omegared

Post by omegared » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 pm

I agree with a campmate's post from a different message board. But due to the delay in fulfillment there is a significant 3rd party burner to burner exchange market that is not going to happen (or is going to be extremely limited) this year because everyone is getting their tickets at the LAST minute. I understand the need to limit time for scammers to reproduce tickets, and that there are a lot of orders to fulfill, but the current situation is kinda ridiculous.

There I had my rant :) .

I'll go back to quietly twiddling my thumbs, packing, and wait for my ticket now.

Roundabout

Post by Roundabout » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:44 pm

By the way, despite many vehement protestations on this thread and others that each person's order is not time stamped .... I just noticed a time stamp on the ticket receipt that came with my order today.
It says: "Purchase Date: 2/12/14 2:53 PM".
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Roundabout wrote:By the way, despite many vehement protestations on this thread and others that each person's order is not time stamped .... I just noticed a time stamp on the ticket receipt that came with my order today.
It says: "Purchase Date: 2/12/14 2:53 PM".
Perfect: so if you want to know when you ordered your tickets so you can figure out where you are in the line to get your tickets, just wait until you get your tickets and that will let you know the time you ordered them. I love useful information.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Vurt da Furk.jpg
......still waiting......
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

Roundabout

Post by Roundabout » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Good one Eric. :lol:

Janet Planet

Post by Janet Planet » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:01 am

OOH OOH AAH AAH !
My tracking this morning says my ticket is "out for delivery"!

I don't dare go to the basement to haul up my water jugs and stove and giant tent and bike rack and cooler and andandand because I don't want to miss the KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK.

Mr Postman!

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 am

Finally got my email.

Although it appears that they were not done in strict alphabetical order, they apparently were grouped to at least some extent by letter. Everyone I know whose name begins with S received the email approximately within a 24 hour period. Most of those I know received the email before me regardless of my name being first alphabetically - hence my thinking that they were not in strict alphabetical order.

I suspect that to reduce confusion ticket workers were assigned different letters, and in the case of a large group like S it was broken up among several workers.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

maladroit

Post by maladroit » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:26 am

Girlfriend got her email late yesterday, she would have been on the tail end of the whole S block, alphabetically speaking.

rudbyrd
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet

Post by rudbyrd » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 am

Got mine today, after 36 days and getting 2 other peoples orders, they are finally here.

Time to go home.

Janet Planet

Post by Janet Planet » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am

♥ Dan the Mailman!
Attachments
Dansmall2.jpg
Dansmall2.jpg (128.6 KiB) Viewed 994 times

Mumblina
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: (Satellite) Camp To Be Continued...

Post by Mumblina » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 pm

I believe in a thing called looooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeee :mrgreen:

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”