Who got tickets in the Individual Sale?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Roy333
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Who got tickets in the Individual Sale?

Post by Roy333 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:54 am

wraith wrote:Funny thing is this would be less of a problem if everybody and their mother wasn't picking up a second ticket just in case someone else they know doesn't get through.
Unless it was Your mother that got an extra ticket for you when you couldn't get one.
The tickets will all be sold and everyone who gets one will be glad to have gotten it. What difference if you buy one from a friend that had an extra, or if you got lucky and bought one yourself? Who decides which of us deserves a ticket most? They are limited to two, that should be good enough.

smiffman
Burning Since: 2014

Post by smiffman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:18 am

For those who bypassed, from the blog.

"So what about the rumors of people sneaking to the front of the line?
Unfortunately there is some truth to this. Approximately 200 people created a technical ‘backdoor’ to the sale and made their way to the front of the line. Absolutely no tickets were sold before the sale opened at 12:00 pm, but they were able to purchase the first batch of tickets when the sale started. The good news (for us, not them) is that we can track them down, and we’re going to cancel their orders. The tickets from those orders will be made available in the OMG Sale in August. Of course, steps are being taken to prevent this from happening again in future sales."

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:38 am

whatever happened to the little engine who Could?

i see a lot of crying, and giving up.......

all i know is this.....there have been times in the past when i thought all hope was lost, but i kept plugging away, determined to go to the dust...

i have endured trains, plains, planes, automobiles, Rv's from Hell and Heaven, Motorcycles that broke down, some that didnt, Lost Tickets at Will Call that turned up, literally, in the dust.....(ask Goathead, he knows) and all kinds of various Hurdles, obstacles, broken bones and brick walls in my way, and yet, i still made it.

you gotta want it.

all of the quitters are just that........quitters............they quit at the first sign of adversity......Fuck That Noise.

stop blaming the ticket process, the billionaires and the poor Low Income people, the BLM, the weather, your dog, and Kanye West, Larry, Ticketfly and The Evil Illuminati who run Burning Man.

seriously.

Be the Engine that Can.....

you can do it.

dont.give.up.dont.ever.give.up.

ever.

and remember this, that first whiff of dust will be sweeter than any rose because you earned it, you struggled, you overcame, and you made it.

trust me on this one.

it is worth the effort.
Frida Be You & Me

LionsNzebras
Burning Since: 2018

Post by LionsNzebras » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:50 am

Love this on the main page.

So what about the rumors of people sneaking to the front of the line?
Unfortunately there is some truth to this. Approximately 200 people created a technical ‘backdoor’ to the sale and made their way to the front of the line. Absolutely no tickets were sold before the sale opened at 12:00 pm, but they were able to purchase the first batch of tickets when the sale started. The good news (for us, not them) is that we can track them down, and we’re going to cancel their orders. The tickets from those orders will be made available in the OMG Sale in August. Of course, steps are being taken to prevent this from happening again in future sales.
This is a "Couple" profile shared by me and my wife. (lion\Zebra) Lion posts, zebra reads.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 am

It's been a couple days to the sale and the people posting about having gotten tickets has tapered off, so I'm closing this thread down.

Congratulations to all those who were successful, and good luck to those who still need to get tickets sorted. If you'd like to continue the discussion about the sale, please see the Individual Sale Recap thread. As of this writing, the ePlaya tickets/passes boards are not yet open. Please stay tuned for announcements and details on that, as well as more info about STEP in the coming weeks.

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”