People Seeking Camps 2016

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2016.
AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: 2016 BM will be my first experience at BM looking for a camp- Chill/Creative/ Hard Worker

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:24 am

Was that the weird little museum of crap on the 3:00 plaza a couple years back? Not sure if it was your little museum, but I loved it.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: 2016 BM will be my first experience at BM looking for a camp- Chill/Creative/ Hard Worker

Post by Ratty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:22 am

A-Rock, I wanna see. Will your little museum be there this year? Be sure and post your address so we can visit.

Did you hear about a project coming from Southern California, The Last Apothecary? I can't wait to see it. A futuristic outpost full of all the medicines from the universe. That's not exactly what it is but I'm at a lack of description just now. It will be fab.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:01 am

The past two years (and this year) the Museum of Cultural Appropriation and Dead Things has been hosted in Plunderground at 4:30 and A. We are hoping for similar placement this year...

We are having our annual Museum Opening Reception this year on Tuesday evening at 7:00 pm! Please come and say Hi!

The Last Apothecary looks awesome! The Last Outpost was one of my favorite Deep Playa finds of 2014!

/end threadjack

Boardshorts
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Boardshorts » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:28 am

"Go to Costco, buy a carport and two 4-packs of ratchet straps. Order some 14 inch lag bolts and bring a drill.

You now have a house to haunt! that's an art project that I would LOVE to see on the playa!"

Awesome!!! I will get year one under my belt and possibly in 2017 I can do a Haunted house on the playa- I would buy two 52 foot trailers and pre build everything inside with a maze and have them towed and set in place and then build a facade/graveyard in the front..

Rocket pup
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Fuego karaoke bar

Re: overwhelming and exciting and ........ Please help

Post by Rocket pup » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Hours more reading later and i have a better idea of things now.
The information is there but there is so much to trawl through that it seems impossible to find. You just have to keep on looking.
I like the info regarding using the :site google searching rather than the search bar on this website.
I now know what sparkle ponies, moop, LNT, P&P, villages are. hurray.
My advice to others finding themselves in a similar situation. Keep looking. Although i got some flack for asking questions at the beginning of this post, it did open some doors for me and im glad i did.
I was planning on bringing everything needed and more. im not sure i could manage a couch on the top of the rental car! but i will be actively engaging. i am a keen djembe player and love playing for hours and getting lost in the moment. i also love passing the addiction on to others so i reckon i may be spending some time in thump thump. plastic drums make excellent, um, drums.
im also bringing a tshirt per day and getting random people to write whatever they like on it. tshirts will then be cut into pieces afterwards and made into art.
i may be considering a small burning pup festival at some point in the week too.
i think i did not present myself effectively at the beginnning of the post but it's a catch 22. i needed to post so that i could start immersing myself into it and gain the knowledge i needed. Needed more knowledge before posting.
I will be coming self sufficient. i also reserve the possibility of symbioticing with a camp :)
Am i a plug and play if i hire a hexayurt from BRC?
I have downloaded last years iburn app and been looking through there at the camps.
So, the other thing that stumped me was that i was waiting for all the 2016 stuff to come out. i didnt think of looking at the 2015 stuff as it would be out of date. there is, however, lots of useful info in there.
I have been making a list of things reqd to bring to BM. This is essential. Cant be forgetting anything.
I will post a hello in the intro section too.
Thank you for the lovely reply Capt Godammit. It was really nice.
I will find you at some point.
I am not a DJ. I am a live improvising IPad musician ;)
x
dfkndfindfojfgosjdvjksdvkjdffkvjsdvjhsddvkn

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Rocketpup. good on ya. Sounds like you're doing everything you can and doing it right. first off... what does this mean?
I am not a DJ. I am a live improvising IPad musician
Are you creating music on your ipad like playing a keyboard? Are you remixing musical artists recordings? I'm not a music tech. If you haven't been DEAD for 50 years we don't have your cd at our house. (Historical, regional music as well as more current music of the world.)

It is a lot of info to absorb all at once. I don't know how I did it the first year. Keep up the search and research.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Rocket pup
Camp Name: Fuego karaoke bar

Post by Rocket pup » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:22 pm

iPad has synths. Samplers. Sequencer. A ton of samples. I create the music there and then. Sample the immediate surroundings. Create the tunes from that. Yes I have a keyboard connected via Bluetooth and play live. It is a more involving medium rather than just listening to someone else's tunes stitched together. It's a really exciting new art form. A complete music creation tool inside one iPad.
dfkndfindfojfgosjdvjksdvkjdffkvjsdvjhsddvkn

Galeefy LeMeow
Burning Since: 2014

Looking for camp to get weird with

Post by Galeefy LeMeow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi there! We're two 3rd year burners living in NY psyched to plan our 2016 burn. Just putting feelers out there for camps still looking for campers! After two awesome years in pretty different camps we're looking for a new place to call home, and would really love to help an awesome camp be even awesomer. We're social but also self-reliant. We're not opposed to grunt work and are actually pretty eager to get our hands dirty and contribute to camp needs. Much dancing and booty shorts will be involved. We have tickets already, btw, just looking for a group to get silly with!

If you're with a camp still open to new campers, please post links to camp website/facebook/whatevuh or an email address so we can hit you up. Thanks!

jackstraw845
Burning Since: 2012

3 Afrikaburners Seeking Camp :) to Contribute towards

Post by jackstraw845 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:46 am

We are 3 fellow Afrikaburners (2 Americans, 1 Ausi) that have finally secured BM tix and would love to find an awesome camp to contribute to.

How we can contribute:
-basic camp duties (moop patrol, kitchen/food prep etc..)
-pre-burn online work (i know it is late, but any organizational stuff like sorting camp volunteers/schedules)
-fixing things that break during the burn
-yoga classes (i can't promise they;re amazing, but they are free :)
-organization/leadership for simple things

Our first burningman, but all 3 of us have been to Afrikaburn (me 2x) and I've also been to Nowhere. *Highly recommend both*

We're looking for a camp where we can come together and create something beautiful--at the camp, on the playa and for the many days that follow. No drama, No plug/play. Fun people, chill vibe and anything else would be a bonus.

I have reached out to a few of the camps on eplaya already and I'd love to hear what other camps might we contribute to. Cheers!

Capt. RON
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ORPHAN / ENDORPHIN

Re: 3 Afrikaburners Seeking Camp :) to Contribute towards

Post by Capt. RON » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:43 am

"It's only smoking if you inhale" Daddy WARBUCKS Cigar Lounge at the ORPHAN / ENDORPHIN camp
http://orphanendorphin.com/cigar.html

Danybh22
Burning Since: 2013

Looking for a camp my friends and I can join

Post by Danybh22 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Looking at the picture above this makes my heart beat fast haha. I went to my first burn in 2013 and I just manifested my move to the Bay Area after this incredible experience. My two friends and I are looking for a camp we can join! we would love to help with set up and also be a part of a cool camp where we can participate in the gifting and activities from that camp. We are two girls and one guy. Anyone out there knows of a camp we could join?? Please help!
Thank you!! may the dust be with you

Luigi
Camp Name: VW Bus Camp

Re: Looking for a camp my friends and I can join

Post by Luigi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:44 am

Check out Spark Collaboration. Be aware most camps have dues and rules.
"Water is the driving force of all nature. " Leonardo da Vinci

Raoul
Camp Name: Honest MiSteak

Post by Raoul » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:21 am

Check out The Hookah Lounge viewtopic.php?f=468&t=77039
"No problem is ever solved in the same consciousness that was used to create it." --Albert Einstein

Honest MiSteak: 2018
Hookah Lounge\Black Rock Power Co-op: 2014 - 2017

DeanisGatsby
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Camp Fuego's No Mercy Karaoke Bar

Post by DeanisGatsby » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:58 am

Burning Man is my favorite week of the year!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:56 pm

SF should be the easiest city in the universe to find a camp. We are counting on your radical self reliance. "Ask ePlaya and the universe will provide" is frowned upon by many for easy questions.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

seatharama

Re: Two 1st Timers from Spokane, WA interested in joining a camp

Post by seatharama » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Quick update. Only one first timer in search now. Not sure if mods can edit title? And thank you to the camps that have replied to me since posting.

LeonoreMathis
Camp Name: Searching for a Camp

Philosophical swiss girl is searching for a place in a camp

Post by LeonoreMathis » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:59 pm

Heyy. :)

I am a young woman (22 years) and I am searching for a place in a Camp. I am a writer and author, everytime smiling and a futurelover.

When you know a free place in a Camp, please contact me. There are no Camps from my country on Burning Man this year. :roll: Switzerland is maybe to small...

Nice to meet great-minded people to celebrate, enjoy und good talks. :)

Best, Leonore

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Philosophical swiss girl is searching for a place in a camp

Post by Savannah » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:16 am

LeonoreMathis wrote:Heyy. :)

I am a young woman (22 years) and I am searching for a place in a Camp. I am a writer and author, everytime smiling and a futurelover.

When you know a free place in a Camp, please contact me. There are no Camps from my country on Burning Man this year. :roll: Switzerland is maybe to small...

Nice to meet great-minded people to celebrate, enjoy und good talks. :)

Best, Leonore
Hi Leonore!

You'll want to be active in hunting down a camp, as many of them don't visit ePlaya, or actively recruit. Choose carefully, and send an email or message highlighting your skills; camps vary quite a bit in terms of how they're run, what they ask of you, and what they do for the city.

You could go to the 2016 Theme Camps forum and investigate a few camps:
viewforum.php?f=468

You may also want to look under Share Resources and look for an RV share (you don't need a theme camp at all in order to survive, but an RV can be handy, especially for an international camper with limited baggage).
viewforum.php?f=469

You could also camp with Green Tortoise (google them; they have a Burning Man bus). You'll need to bring your own tent.

And finally, here's the list of all 2016 Theme Camps, which is searchable by keyword. You could search by any interest"
http://burningman.org/event/brc/2016-theme-camps/

Good luck!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:10 am

I gave this a nudge to the camps board, since that's a better fit.

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 am

futurelover
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Hoverdave
Camp Name: Looking

Post by Hoverdave » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:43 pm

I am always looking for a future lover and may have a spare ticket and a camp and an RV.
Send me a pm.

Hey, if Dr. Pyro can get away with it maybe so can i. :D

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:49 pm

You'd be happy and safe in our camp we are just placed on six in a reasonable spot for to you too enjoy Contact me if you need help when you get to the states

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:42 pm

But Doc's got the good absinthe
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

The Rat Lady
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Mobility Camp

Looking for ASL interpreters camp

Post by The Rat Lady » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 am

Hi All,
I'm looking to get in touch with the ASL interpreters camp. I have been contacted by an interpreter who wants to volunteer with us. I know in the past there has been a theme camp and she would like to get in touch with them.

Thanks!
Rat Lady
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:37 pm

And the RV.... :)
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Hoverdave
Camp Name: Looking

Post by Hoverdave » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:47 pm

I have the RV, and the massage table and will be offering massage and sponge baths to the right people.
Prefer margaritas. Got to make sure to pack the blender!

ChuckLohre
Camp Name: Earth Guardians

Post by ChuckLohre » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm a newby and have chosen to volunteer with the Earth Guardians Camp. I'm a passionate environmetalist and look forward to helping Leave No Trace on the playa. They seem to be a great bunch of folks (respond promptly to your sincere emails) and I look forward to helping.

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Re: Looking for ASL interpreters camp

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi, Rat Lady! The group you're looking for is probably Da Dirty Hands. Their website hasn't been updated for this year (http://www.playaterps.us/da-dirty-hands.html), but their bookface page says they'll be at 7:15 and D.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:22 pm

there are a couple of really nice and fun camps who frequent here, good luck on your search.
I'd suggest you search "theme camp" threads for ideas.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Ygmir is right !

Return to “2016 Theme Camps & Villages”