Nudist Fun Poly Couple looking to Burn

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
nudecouple
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: None

Nudist Fun Poly Couple looking to Burn

Post by nudecouple » Tue May 10, 2016 9:21 pm

My wife and I will be at the 2016 burn. We're total virgins are want to know what the fun party spots are. We love to drink, party and generally get weird. Any "don't miss" spots that we should be aware of?

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: Nudist Fun Poly Couple looking to Burn

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Putting in another bag of popcorn...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Tue May 10, 2016 10:32 pm

There are lots of fun venues for play, but ...

it is probably best to lead, here, with camping/art/technical interests.

Playa dust is not a superior lubricating agent, despite what you might think.

Do you Fet?
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Dr. Pyro
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 am

You absolutely, positively must attend the ePlaya Meet & Greet Wednesday evening beginning at 6 p.m. at everyone's favorite theme camp, I refer of course to Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. Since you're supplying the weirdness, I'll supply the absinthe.

Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Post by Dr Helix » Wed May 11, 2016 9:38 am

Well there's always the Glory Hole Grab on Wednesday 3pm in Deep Playa. Bring your own wipes to that one.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Hola and hello...

Whatever floats your boat
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

DoctorIknow
Burning Since: 1998

Post by DoctorIknow » Wed May 11, 2016 6:48 pm

THANK YOU!

We need more nudists out there!
Nude used to be normal (late '90's BM) but has been getting more rare every year since.

Makes me very sad that less and less burners will experience the mental gymnastics needed to go nude in public the first time, as it's easier to take that first step when 1000's are out there doing it.

The current normal thing is using adornment sometimes crafted specifically to highlight partial nakedness.
"But I'm empowered!" (not to be confused with liberated....)

I just read yesterday that nudist organizations are having a hard time recruiting young people,,,,

"Tan, an Australian naturist magazine, said that GenXers and GenYers are afraid of being seen nude on social media."

Yes: forego pushing ones comfort zone/boundries in favor of that all important need to be "liked"and not challenged or given thumbs down ....

And the neon piece from the very astute artist Camilo Matiz, from his series “Here Not There” (check it out):
take a selfie.JPG
Now, you kids get off my lawn!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Thu May 12, 2016 12:41 am

I think those naturalists are reading a bit too much into the motives of young people. The problem is probably less about body-image insecurity and more that social media makes it easier for such photos or "documentation" to spread beyond their target audiences. With the ubiquitousness of cameras, the ease of sharing, and the overlap and interconnectivity of formerly disparate social circles, such photos can affect careers, family life, social circles, etc.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

EGAZ
Camp Name: Camp2 -Doin' What We Do!!

Post by EGAZ » Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 am

Exactly...... :wink:
2nd time better than the first. And the first was pretty Freakin' Great!
I am Camp2. - A solo camp - Stop by and say Hey!, 8) Gotta beer?

If you are another Solo Burner & very 'Radically Self Reliant' - Maybe we can 'Do What We Do!' :P

gaminwench
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Thu May 12, 2016 1:21 am

... a sad thing. :cry:
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

DoctorIknow

Post by DoctorIknow » Thu May 12, 2016 1:32 am

BBadger wrote:I think those naturalists are reading a bit too much into the motives of young people. The problem is probably less about body-image insecurity and more that social media makes it easier for such photos or "documentation" to spread beyond their target audiences. With the ubiquitousness of cameras, the ease of sharing, and the overlap and interconnectivity of formerly disparate social circles, such photos can affect careers, family life, social circles, etc.
BBadger is probably correct,,,,that young of 2016 might never feel safe being naked in public.

In that light, it makes more sense that there is so little 100% nakedness left in BM.

Or, to put BBadgers words in a quote:
permanent record.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu May 12, 2016 5:36 am

Once the theme camps applications have been sorted out, we'll know who is coming back and what events might be happening. Just a little early yet. Poly-Paradise has a nice High Tea, but that isn't exactly a party.

Skuzzy61
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp/We got this!

Post by Skuzzy61 » Fri May 13, 2016 6:17 am

BBadger wrote:I think those naturalists are reading a bit too much into the motives of young people. The problem is probably less about body-image insecurity and more that social media makes it easier for such photos or "documentation" to spread beyond their target audiences. With the ubiquitousness of cameras, the ease of sharing, and the overlap and interconnectivity of formerly disparate social circles, such photos can affect careers, family life, social circles, etc.
This is it. We used to do the nude beaches for vacations, but had to stop due to not being able to control who is taking a picture of what with what. Even if you are topless in the background of a shot, you can get fired from your job if the company notices the posting.

Heck, we cannot tell anyone we are going to Burning Man for fear of losing our jobs, so forget going nude.
gaminwench wrote:... a sad thing. :cry:
We agree.
As the camp evolves.....
We got this! 2016/2019
We had it! 2020
We almost lost it! 2021
We have no idea where it is! 2022
Who the hell are we and why are we here? 2023

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat May 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Service

Post by Elliot » Sun May 15, 2016 7:56 am

Welcome to ePlaya!
The poly thing would "not be a good fit" in our camp, and perhaps not the drinking-party thing very much either.
But we are promoting family-friendly naturism (G-rated nudity).
And dancing on the piano will be fine... I think.

Also, we are planning some photo shoots for a calendar (to be distributed as a camp fundraising perk), with nude folks riding bicycles and otherwise toying with bicycles. (This is inspired by Spencer Tunick's fabulous photographs.) So perhaps you would like to join us in these photo "installations".
Our address in 2019 is at 4:00 & Cupid
NOW HIRING BICYCLE TECHNICIANS
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Massage Clinic, Body Painting Studio, & Piano Lounge

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Mon May 16, 2016 1:30 am

DoctorIknow wrote:BBadger is probably correct,,,,that young of 2016 might never feel safe being naked in public.

In that light, it makes more sense that there is so little 100% nakedness left in BM.

(permanent record.JPG)
How'd you get my picture? Damn Internet!

I have seen quite a bit more full-on nudity at the regional events. Hell, I've even participated in it at a regional. It was definitely a new experience, but I wasn't necessarily uncomfortable once I was doing it. This was also at night and with a group of other people participating in the same venture. It's definitely situational, and the regionals are a lot smaller and intimate.

Another factor I'd mention too is that there there are creeps at these events. In one regional, a friend of mine who enjoys being nude at that event felt uncomfortable being naked and put clothes back on. It was not because of being naked, but because of the creeps that it attracted. In another year a friend was groped by some other creep. They're out there, and at a much larger, semi-mainstream, international event like Burning Man, the probability of encountering such creeps is even higher.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

DoctorIknow

Post by DoctorIknow » Mon May 16, 2016 2:23 am

BBadger wrote:
Another factor I'd mention too is that there there are creeps at these events.
My first exposure to Bianca's Smut Shack was in 1998, my first year, and evidently, the last year Bianca's was "smut" heaven.

My new born burginal love of the BM society where sex goings on were right there virtually in the open, how no one seemed uncomfortable, how no "observer" crowds were oogoling obnoxiously...that feeling of peace on earth lasted a few hours until I saw a reflection of glass behind a small hole in a shade tarp. I rushed around the side, and as I expected, it was a camera lens. I scolded the creep, but seeing him taught me the lesson that even the best things at this incredible event were an illusion.

All burns since, it's been helpful to remember the importance of Virginia Woolf's statement:

“Why, if it was an illusion, not praise the catastrophe, whatever it was, that destroyed illusion and put truth in it's place?”
bianca 98.JPG

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Mon May 16, 2016 4:20 pm

nudecouple wrote:My wife and I will be at the 2016 burn. We're total virgins are want to know what the fun party spots are. We love to drink, party and generally get weird. Any "don't miss" spots that we should be aware of?
There's been some good advice so far. Make sure to also Google "Party Naked Tiki Bar" and "Retrofrolic" and see if they'll be around. Oh, and see if Slutgarden, a large dance camp, is coming this year. Last year they held "The Slut Olympics"--it was very entertaining. :lol:

You may also want to enter keywords (such as "nudist" or "poly", but feel free to get more creative) into this list of last year's placed theme camps:
http://burningman.org/culture/history/b ... eme-camps/

The 9 o'clock side, with its Red Light District, is more party-party than the 3 o'clock side (overall) . . . but there's probably stuff to interest you all over the place.

Be sure to look at the What/When/Where Guide the Greeters will give you after Gate, and look for events with a keyhole next to them--those are adult-oriented. Check under "One-Time Events" first, with a fine sharpie ( . . . ballpoint pens come to the dust to die! . . . ) then go to "Repeating Events".

You will make it to maybe one of the things you circle. :lol: You'll get distracted most of the other times . . .
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

nudecouple
Camp Name: None

Post by nudecouple » Mon May 23, 2016 11:52 pm

Wow, good advice thank you!

We're not too shy about pictures and stuff, and I'm hoping that my stature (6'3 210lbs) will deter the creeps from getting grabby with the wife (Shhh...Just don't tell them I'm a fluffy teddy bear) .

We are definitely comfortable with G-rated nude fun, or anything else in the correct environment. Saw the party naked tiki bar and the naked pub crawl, we'll definitely check those out. We'll be towing up our travel trailer, and have no camp affiliation at the moment.

Just want to make something special and get weird the good old fashioned way.

Malice
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Polyparadise

Post by Malice » Wed May 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Polyparadise also has the Human Carcass Wash if you are in need of a bath--and don't mind people touching you while they are bathing you (they do ask for your boundaries).

Malice
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Polyparadise

Post by Malice » Wed May 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Absinthe? Will definitely have to check out the Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro.

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Thu May 26, 2016 7:45 am

and of course there is always the ORGY DOME....
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

smiffman
Burning Since: 2014

Post by smiffman » Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 am

Malice wrote:Polyparadise also has the Human Carcass Wash if you are in need of a bath--and don't mind people touching you while they are bathing you (they do ask for your boundaries).

Midweek you would think it was a mirage.........

...You inspire me to be more comfortable.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Fri May 27, 2016 11:51 pm

nudecouple wrote:Wow, good advice thank you!

We're not too shy about pictures and stuff, and I'm hoping that my stature (6'3 210lbs) will deter the creeps from getting grabby with the wife (Shhh...Just don't tell them I'm a fluffy teddy bear) .
Fortunately, there is so much nudity at the Burn (especially topless women and nude men in cowboy hats and shoes, hahaha!) that a scantily clad, topless or naked woman is generally only looked at, instead of at great risk of being grabbed. Much less so than in the default world. Of course, there is the rare creep or clueless n00b who must be swiftly advised, and occasionally someone who doesn't ask before taking a photo of a nude person at a recognizable distance. This is against the accepted standard, though. Consent is a significant issue. There's even an entity called the Bureau of Erotic Discourse (BED) who holds seminars on the playa about consent and whatnot. :)
We are definitely comfortable with G-rated nude fun, or anything else in the correct environment. Saw the party naked tiki bar and the naked pub crawl, we'll definitely check those out. We'll be towing up our travel trailer, and have no camp affiliation at the moment.

Just want to make something special and get weird the good old fashioned way.
Good luck being the weirdest person on the playa. ;) You might fit in more than you want to!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Nudeyman
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: The Lost Penguins

Post by Nudeyman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:21 am

nudeyat2015.jpg
Be sure to stop by The Lost Penguin Cafe and check out the Not Yet World Famous Orgasmatron 5000 8) 8)
Nudeyman
and on Burn night, come and dance nekkd in the ashes.. Down with Pants and Up with Skirts and Kilts! Extra points for embarassing BLM cops out there busting tokers...
Nudeyman of the Lost Penguins

Nudeyman
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: The Lost Penguins

Post by Nudeyman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 am

tlp2006.jpg
Nudeyman of the Lost Penguins

Return to “The Greeter's Station”