First and foremost are the 2017 Event boards. There aren't any changes from the 2016 structure, so it's the same as before except specific to Burning Man 2017.
Other board changes & additions...
- Lost & Found - we've simplified these into a single board for Lost On-Playa and Found On-Playa. We think this will help streamline the process of finding your lost stuff, or returning the stuff you found to its owners.
- Building & Making Art - the 'Building Art Installations' board has been renamed and expanded to include art of all sizes, from the most beautiful and ornate jewelry to large scale installations.
- Bikes & Transportation - Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
- Power & Electronics - this board used to be 'Power & Illumination' but has been expanded in scope. Sound gear, arduino projects and other cool stuff now fits in here.
- Articles - Share and discuss articles and blog posts about Burning Man and the culture of Burning Man.
- Off-Playa Meetups - we've renamed the 'Connect With Burners' board to make it less vague and confusing.
- Get Involved Year-Round - this board is being renamed, and changing its focus to things happening year-round in the world. For getting involved in projects on the playa, check the 2017 event boards.
- On-Playa Project Fundraisers - we've renamed the 'Support A Project' board to make it less vague and confusing.
- Burner Businesses - we've renamed the 'Burnerpreneurs' board to make it less vague and confusing.
The mod team and I will be looking for threads and posts that need to move to one of the new boards, but if you should see something that looks out of place please flag it for review! You can do that easily by clicking on the icon with an exclamation point in it. That puts it on our radar, so we can review it and make sure it gets to the right spot. We do what we can, but with 1.04 million posts there's a whole lot to cover!
Thanks, and we hope you're as excited about 2017 as we are!