The Bar 2017 Edition

All things outside of Burning Man.
lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: The Bar 2017 Edition

Post by lucky420 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:17 pm

HI bar :mrgreen:

goddamn smacked my face into the bedroom door again last night. I've got to remember it's either leave the door alllll the way open or allll the way shut. None of this half ass shit but fortunately my Neanderthal brow took the brunt of the hit... :lol:

Tis tender though
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:14 am

Damn and ouch!
or put some padding on the door :wink:

C'mon Falcons!
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:42 am

well Lucky.....at least it's not from chasing parked cars....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 am

:mrgreen:
Good morning dear bar!
I just ate a chocolate eclair so all is perfect in the world. I better not watch the news anymore if I want to stay that way.
Lucky, cat man, Yggy have a good day enjoy the Super Bowl. Bill Maher talked me into The other team.

Thecatman

Post by Thecatman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Aurelia wrote:I just ate a chocolate éclair

One of my favorites

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:59 pm

Whoops, the day got away from me. It started with looking at a tangle of wires hanging behind my stereo, and ended with a rewired setup, some wires left over (oh well,) and a little solar power system setup. No superbowl.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:01 am

(((((Elorrum))))) It was a well fought game and the ads & half-time show were surprizingly inclusive. 8)

Good news from our Nation's Capitol: our eagles are nesting.

http://www.dceaglecam.org/

Now in HD with sound. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

Aurelia

Post by Aurelia » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:30 am

Good morning my dear friend I somehow found the game off.

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:37 am

Lovely to see you (((((((((Aurelia)))))))
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

Thecatman

Post by Thecatman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Mornin All!! MDF, Aurelia.
MyDearFriend wrote:(((((Elorrum))))) It was a well fought game and the ads & half-time show were surprizingly inclusive.
I think it was one of the best superbowls in years. It was played like a regular season game. Although I didn't care for the way Tom Brady was treated immediately after, surrounded by with what appeared to be bodyguards, akin to the secret service.
A little bit of Lady Gaga goes a long way with me. I'm no fan of hers by any means but she did put on a good show. No political rants. She praised her parents. I'm on the verge of having better thought on her.

magicmarty
Camp Name: Hushville - Althing

Post by magicmarty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:17 am

Hi all, Missed you all. Had the Flu that took about 6 weeks to fully recover. Back to normal again. Just read all the posts on Bar 2017. Some very funny stuff, YG. You have a way with words. Lucky hope the brow was not too beaten. Elliot, the hot tub looks like the very first one I ever dunked in when I first came to California about 57 years ago. Made me a great fan of soaking and still love to do it now. LF, as always your pastries look yummy, you are in my heart and are so very special. MDF, I miss seeing you on the Playa. Still like the photo I took of you that was your e playa picture. BVB, your kind images remain on the walls of my office and I love telling folks that visit about you and your kindness in sending them to me 5 plus years ago. Aurelia and Ellorun it was great fun taking you guys up to the Hof a few years ago Patsh you and Delle made a great impression on me so happy that we have met and spent time together. Doc, fellow Giants fan, can only say, for sure, you are Doc.

Trilo, love what you do keeping us all safe and sound on this great Bar, Anti M, you are a treasure, will never forget the first time we met, you were in your tent dressed in white looking like a Queen. Rhino always articulate, has interesting stories to tell as does the Catman. I relate to Old Guy and Unjohn. Fig Jam, with YG, helped fix my electric scooter on Playa. Ratty and Gamin Wench, so much fun. Met Simon at a Decomp in SF while waiting to use a porta potty. I am sure that I have missed some of you who have touched my life in so many ways, big and small. Please know that you all have meant so very much to me and how very blessed I feel that our paths have crossed. This is not my good bye, but I just felt move to let you all know, that to me, you have all mattered
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Such a sweet man you are Marty. Glad your feeling better and it's always good to hear from you.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Aurelia

Post by Aurelia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:20 pm

:mrgreen:
Lucky says it for me again!
I sure love you all thank you for being who you are.
He gads I was going to retire from this how can I do that?

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 pm

wonderful post Marty! you're a peach.....and I speak for myself, but perhaps for others, when I say my life is richer, for knowing you, dear friend. You've taught me much, changed my opinions on things, reinforced them in others, but always with grace, charm, and dignity.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Marty, your good-natured presence here provides a welcome sense of reassurance to all, and has given me added confidence to express my thoughts, to grow as an artist, and to explore new ideas over the years. I believe I speak for many here, including "all the ships at sea", in saying that it continues to be an honor and a pleasure to know you.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:21 pm

aww (((Marty))),
how lovely that our encounter continues to resonate with you.
I think of you often, you are such a lovely man.

Take care of you, tennis season is coming ...
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 am

Love you, Marty. I wish I could see all my friends far more often.

magicmarty

Post by magicmarty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:01 am

Me too!

So lets all dive into the ever expandable hot tub as a relief from the cold and rainy weather and for a warm and friendly soak

Hugs

(((((LF)))))))

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:00 am

magicmarty wrote:Me too!

So lets all dive into the ever expandable hot tub as a relief from the cold and rainy weather and for a warm and friendly soak

Hugs

(((((LF)))))))
I'm ready!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 am

Marty, and you matter to so many. I can't recall if I've ever seen you on playa but I'm lucky to live in the area. You've added so much to my life by 'making' me go to local events. I love your snugging company. Hey, There's one coming up soon. I'll see you there?
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

magicmarty

Post by magicmarty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:19 am

Splendid, Ratty, I'll see you there.

YG, snorkels not permitted. Naughty 8)

Cheers

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:29 pm

:shock: Naughty as in dressed? :D
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Marty, your words warm my heart.

There's a certain something so special in knowing the wonderful people of the Playa (and ePlaya). Something which had (unknowingly) been missing from my life.

I hope you'll make it up the mountain in June! Glad your flu is finally over, and you're feeling better.

Hugggs (((((MagicMarty)))))
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

Aurelia

Post by Aurelia » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Dear Marty, are you safe in our weather or are you on a hill that is moving? You can both come over here I have extra room I would love you to be here.

magicmarty

Post by magicmarty » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:08 am

Hi Patsh. Exactly my own experience. A wonderful cross section of people who all have fundamental commonalities despite superficial differences. Makes for a unique and wonderful interpersonal environment in which to thrive. Hate to even attach inadequate words to this wonderful and mutually enriching universe. It just is, and for that I am grateful.

Aurelia, we are on high ground and so are safe and sound. Thanks for the offer of hospitality, My daughter has a place for us in San Anselmo (and another daughter in Berkeley) if we were to need it. You are a dear to offer.

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:00 am

magicmarty, I finally had some sunshine yesterday. I'm only about a mile from the Feather River, still only at the monitor stage here. :::crossed fingers::: :D
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:59 am

*rides in on War Rabbit*
stay dry there OG!! though I see Oroville dam outflow is well withing river capacity, one never knows.......

Happy Birthday MDMF007!!
thanks, for the hard work you do, behind the scenes here, keeping order, and restricting posts on your personal thread. We all respect and obey.......

*sets out snacks and strokes TV*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:24 am

Hey there friends! Been awhile since I've dropped into the bar although I do lurk on occasion. Many of you I have some fun interactions with on that FB thing, so my presence here is not as pronounced as it was at one time. Starting to give some serious thought to plans for this year (of course there will be a this year!) and what we'll be doing on the playa. Given the defaultia crap I've been wading in lately, playa thoughts help keep me above water. My elder, non-burner partner is not doing well health wise and the long-term effects of this are taking a toll on me emotionally and probably physically. It's just wearing me down a lot and there is no pleasant end in sight. He has no remaining (living) friends and I am basically the only focus of his life, as it is up to me to care for and entertain him. Hard to care for someone who has pretty much given up on taking any sort of positive steps towards whatever recovery there may be. I've always had this weird dual existence of my actual life and my relationship with him and the home life. Ours has always been a relationship of comfort and convenience and not a physical thing (yeah most of my gay friends don't get that part at all). At this point, he subsists on his SS payment and my charity, as I cover all the bills and most of the food, etc. To "put him out" would be the cruelest thing I could ever do and I can't see it happening, although the fantasy of life without the negative energy is strong. He doesn't like the burn and thinks all my friends are weird and definitely doesn't understand my sense of humor or priorities. Consequently, it makes it challenging to get away and have any sort of life outside of work and dealing with him. And now some dementia is creeping in as he gets lost in our own home and keeps asking me about the "other people" who live there... yeah, there aren't any. I'm not really too good at the whole caretaking thing and find myself getting angry far too often. I'm grateful for the friends who have remained nearby and available to chat and help me out of my funk when needed. I need to learn to reach out more as I have been feeling super alone in this dilemma lately. Making the 3-week window to get away this year for the Burn seems a daunting thought, but I am going to do my selfish best to make it happen. OK, end cathartic dump. Yeah, life isn't really the bowl of cherries I may offer on FB... Lots of good but it's mixed with a great big dollop of shit reality. It really sucks when I hate to go home at night.

My friend Debi and I were honored to be selected to be interviewed for a Burner podcast this week on Into the Fire, focusing on our camp, and even though I was physically feeling ill that day, just talking about our camp and the Burn with like minded people made me feel so much better. I'm not encouraging you to listen, as I can't stand the sound of my own voice, lol, but it was fun to be asked about our projects and camp and to start to feel the energy for the coming Burn. We put a lot of effort into our projects every year and it's so nice to hear the appreciation from others. It's hard to express what Burning Man has given me in words, but I know that the joy and gratitude I feel about it and that aspect of my life have been an enormous part of my mental well being for the last 12 years. Whether I know you or not... just knowing you are here means a lot and I love you all.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

magicmarty

Post by magicmarty » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 am

Morning, Old Guy and YG. Weather here is simply beautiful. Sunny and about 65 shirtsleeve delight.

Happy Birthday MDMF007

So sorry to hear of your dilemma, Bigblueedoggy. Sounds difficult. Good you have the Burn to provide some welcome relief

Got a bunch of pots to glaze today. Been putting it off for about a month, but today's the day!

Have a great one, kiddies

(((LF)))

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Hey everyone!
there are emergency evacuation orders for communities below Lake Oroville, the dam may be compromised
Is anyone there, who needs a high place to land? and are there folks, besides me, who can accommodate?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “Open Discussion”