Post by lucky420 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 am

Not surprised
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FlyingMonkey

Re: Where the fuck does this go?

Post by FlyingMonkey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

lucky420 wrote:
FlyingMonkey wrote:
lucky420 wrote:Well you gave enough fucks to comment.

So there’s that...

Thank you for allowing me to disagree with you. Bad day? No, not really. How do you know that it’s all hypocritical and won’t be fixed? A lot of these power creeps have lost their jobs, cred, etc. it’s a start and hopefully it keeps rolling. Maybe the sweeping change will be that we won’t be silent anymore and the fucksticks who abuse this power will think twice before attempting...
I didn't allow you to disagree. That's all you :D

But I respect and appreciate your opinion which may not be the same as mine.

I am cynical because I know how people generally work. I hope I am dead wrong.

There may be people fighting for real change but the change needs to be institutionalized, transparent, and vigorous. I have not heard a single person suggest anything other than wearing black. (How trendy, what a great Instagram moment)

There needs to be a mechanism for reporting this kind of abuse that is tracked & followed up on? If a specific director, actor, or someone else has numerous complaints against them then it should be looked in to & there should be consequences if true. Currently everyone in the biz knows what's been going on but they don't do anything about it because they are possessed by greed and fear getting "black listed" by those in control. The same thing happens to the few conservative actors who speak their minds. They lose jobs because of not toting the liberal hollywood line.

The blame clearly falls on those using their power & wealth to (sexually) abuse others. But the actors/actresses who went along with it (think Ashley Judd) and basically sold their bodies for fame and fortune are the enablers who perpetuate the problem.
Great, they work black, came out & faced their abusers years after the fact, but how many others were abused after them? Had they stood up back then they may have prevented a lot of this culture of abuse. I don't know what to call it because it's not rape. The accusers (well most of them) went along with it because it was known and accepted as the only way to get ahead in the industry. It paid off for some of them & they are now famous and rich for it. But they participated in and enabled the behavior that we now discuss? How many "aspiring actresses" were lied to & sexually used by these slime balls only to be cast to the street? Many.

I support those who wore black (or were brave enough to not) and follow through with real change. But the phony enablers (men & women) who sold their bodies for fame or didn't speak out and now dare to wear black disgust me.

Cheers :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (WTF Mods? Wheres the beer emoji? I like coffee but come on!)

Lets argue about something else now :D
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 pm

In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm

Godspeed Little Red Roadster

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 am

burner von braun wrote:.
Godspeed Little Red Roadster

Streamed live

https://www.space.com/17933-nasa-televi ... ce-tv.html

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:37 pm

I think I love this guy.

By Michael Holden

Generally, burners are dicks. Rather, anyone who might have "discussions" with "burners" would be shocked by and take offense at the gamut of anti-social behaviors and mannerisms and lapses in basic hygiene that are displayed, with apparent impunity, and no visible reproach, thereby providing no incentive for adherence to standard…anything, really, other than more foul verbal outbursts, more vile stygean emissions while engaged in conversation at close range, and an ongoing game of chicken against several alarming bacterial vectors of epidemic stature.

Burners are jaded and dusty fucks who have been the weirdest person in the room for essentially all of their lives….until they went to black rock city and found an entire metropolis where, for the most part, they were just normal. Of course, while they were coming to that realization, they also did shit that stretched them and their campmates and their former spouse and their candy-ass judgemental so-called "friends" up to and beyond the breaking point. And then got pinkeye, with a hundred people in their camp, had their nipple bitten off by psycho chicks, driven unauthorized art cars across 15 miles of playa on a moonless night to get them into the event, made the wobbly H at point 3 before and after the fence was up, written sequencing code naked in a shipping container and still doesn't give a fuck about the patent, de-escalated the eschaton, made reasonable explainations for felonious activities with pupils like jumbo black olives, frozen time and compensated for impotence and burned the fuck on the same night, solved logistics problems that were fucked up like those russian math questions, camped with both of their wives in the same camp in the same year, spun a sunrise set after getting the C bumper and the K bumper mixed up, got head from a playa chicken, saw what was inside a goats asshole, slid down a poop chute, more than twice, had the privilege of experienceing their frIends at their true unmediated worst and then been that friend…and that's just the tip of the old donkey dick, like, because, being tied to that st andrews cross and flogged into jelly by a midget just sort of falls below the threshold of recollection after a while.

And so, yeah, they just don't have any fucks to give when some douche lord starts popping off with some jidgemental bullshit in the forum. fuck their burn, I'll fuck mine, thank you.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 pm

Who are the most obnoxious people at Burning Man

By Michael Holden

Fucking photographers
Fucking rangers
Fucking sparkle ponies
Fucking newbies or burgins or whatever
Fucking jaded dusty fucks
Fucking DJs
Fucking hippies
Fucking fire conclave woo look at me performers
Fucking greeters, I will cut you if you hug me
All those fucks in the cop uniforms
Fucking artists
Fucking bucketlisters
Fucking turnkey fucking fucks
Gigsville.
Jackass.
Fucking drunks
Fucking fuckers who do nothing but fuck all fucking week
Wally Glenn
Fucking ravers
The fucks with the mobile kataoke shack
Anyone who has more than two merkins in use at one time
Let's face it. We're burners because we are too abrasive and offensive for anything else.

Fuck your burn. Bitches.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:35 am

Ratty, you had me at Gigsville. Couldn't agree more.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:01 am

From a NY post article.....https://nypost.com/2018/08/21/champagne ... rning-man/

"Camp Baconeers, for instance, specializes in doling out bacon to the public. Stop by Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro afterwards for fine wine in a cheap, paper cup — no invitation necessary".

I don't think I've ever seen a paper cup at BDC!!! :x
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:06 am

FIGJAM wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:01 am
From a NY post article....

Cup folded from a NY post article :D
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:31 am

Traveller in Time wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:06 am
FIGJAM wrote:
From a NY post article....

Cup folded from a NY post article :D
We only use paper cups. We do 3-ounce pours otherwise drunken burners would fill up their own cups (growlers is more like it) and we'd run out in three days.

Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Guard Dawg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 am

FIGJAM wrote:
From a NY post article.....https://nypost.com/2018/08/21/champagne ... rning-man/

"Camp Baconeers, for instance, specializes in doling out bacon to the public. Stop by Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro afterwards for fine wine in a cheap, paper cup — no invitation necessary".

Interesting article. Yeah, I think I need to attend before Burning Man is contaminated by corporate sponsorship I am certain to will prevail.

Seems like more rowdy spectators than participants.

Allowing large mega RV's and generators for non-art related purposes seem diametric to the Burnin Man culture of self-reliance.

Rich fucks with chiefs, give me a break!
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Return to “Open Discussion”