I have plans to bring a large industrial Generator and create a power grid. I am currently creating an excel sheet with lots of companies and quotes for different sizes of generator.
Since, in summary, energy generation gets cheaper as you increase the size of the generator. I would like to see if there are campers, RVers, and camps interested in sharing the cost accordingly to their KW consumption. It will save you the noise, getting fuel, and cost, with the huge benefit of an uninterrupted supply of power.
Here is a small sample of my table with approx. costs:
20 KVA price per KW $128.01
40 KVA price per KW $95.54
55 KVA price per KW $87.71
100 KVA price per KW $74.14
120 KVA price per KW $70.98
175 KVA price per KW $65.17
250 KVA price per KW $61.50
320 KVA price per KW $60.70
500 KVA price per KW $56.78
1000 KVA price per KW $55.97
- the cost is based on 24/7(approx. 160h ) uninterrupted generation.
- Limited range of 700 ft radius from the generator.
- Cannot charge KWh, would be cool, maybe if you bring your own meter. LOL
- Costs will be updated as I complete my fancy table.
- Divide by 160 and you get the price per KWh
- RVs usually use 2 to 3 KW, theme camps (if you organize one let me know), campers 1KW max with rare exceptions.
I read this very interesting blog: https://www.templetons.com/brad/burn/generators.html
I think it might be a great way to help people, plus it is cheaper and releases a lot less CO2 in comparison to having lots of small generators running.