Missing Tickets

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
1kenyonbrook
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Shine Town

Missing Tickets

Post by 1kenyonbrook » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 am

Has anyone else received their BM package that was empty or missing their tickets? I paid to have the UPS 2nd day air delivery and received an empty package. I'm going on 10 days or trying to get this sorted with no end in sight.

I've send numerous emails to Ticket Support and filed a claim with UPS. It is simply impossible to know if I'm making any progress. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to find a way through the black-box of ticket support email hell?

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kenyon

Sham

Re: Missing Tickets

Post by Sham » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:18 am

Ticketing is pretty swamped right now, but as they always do, it will all get sorted out and you'll have replacement tickets in hand. I am dealing with a similar issue, and I know it will all be taken care of.

1kenyonbrook

Post by 1kenyonbrook » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:27 am

I appreciate the vote of confidence - Its been nerve wracking not being able to simply talk with someone to know if you are doing the right thing and in the right order. Without have someone that you can work directly with it seems like I get a new person every day or so and start over again providing the same info -

This is complicated as one of the tickets is supposed to go to a early/early entry that will be heading to BRC in the next few days not knowing when this will get addressed.

Thanks,

Kenyon

pdxvintagette
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Casablanca

Post by pdxvintagette » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:22 am

Kenyon, try having the camp lead contact their placement coordinator about the problem and need for this to be rapidly addressed. I wouldn't recommend most people got this route, but if they are leaving for build very soon, I am sure someone is going to be willing to you guys sort this out.

pdxvintagette
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Casablanca

Post by pdxvintagette » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:22 am

Kenyon, try having the camp lead contact their placement coordinator about the problem and need for this to be rapidly addressed. I wouldn't recommend most people got this route, but if they are leaving for build very soon, I am sure someone is going to be willing to you guys sort this out.

1kenyonbrook

Post by 1kenyonbrook » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:53 am

Well -

About 2 weeks into trying to work out the missing tickets. Been very difficult and still don't have any answers from Ticket Support. Have traded emails and provided order details, explanations and UPS claim details about 5 or 6 different times. Haven't had any interaction or response for 5 days. Don't know whats going on. One of my tickets intended for an early gate worker is still unaccounted for - They leave tomorrow without any confirmation as to when or if the problem will be addressed.

Tried calling BM, they said stay the course with emails into the black box, placement can't help.

Getting a bit nerve wracking to know that i'm inside of three weeks and don't have anything but an empty UPS envelop and a bunch of general emails. You would think that this would be easier

Any suggestions would be appreciated -

Kenyon

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Sadly the only ones who can sort this out are Ticketing. Other people can throw ideas at the wall, but they're honestly useless because resolution *has* to come from the department that deal with the tickets & has access to their computers and records.
That said, have your early arrivals department head touch bases with ticketing wouldn't hurt. A little "inside pressure", as it were.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

1kenyonbrook

Post by 1kenyonbrook » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:31 pm

All -

Appreciate the positive vibes and suggestions - the Org has popped out of the email black box with an update and solution. Still not sure what happened, but just glad that I can get back to working out the final details for a great burn . . . can't wait to see everyone soon.

Many thanks

Kenyon

HokieQTR
Burning Since: 2019

Post by HokieQTR » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 am

Got my event ticket but missing the vehicle pass. Sent an email to ticket support as soon as I received the package but still no reply. Its been two weeks now :( I hope someone replies soon!!!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:37 am

1kenyonbrook wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:31 pm
All -

Appreciate the positive vibes and suggestions - the Org has popped out of the email black box with an update and solution. Still not sure what happened, but just glad that I can get back to working out the final details for a great burn . . . can't wait to see everyone soon.

Many thanks

Kenyon
Congratulations, I’m so glad this worked out for you.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:05 pm

HokieQTR wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 am
Got my event ticket but missing the vehicle pass. Sent an email to ticket support as soon as I received the package but still no reply. Its been two weeks now :( I hope someone replies soon!!!
As Kenyon discovered it can take a bit for them to get back to people right now - they're always slammed with issues this time of year, and all those issues involve research. They are there to help, and they really do try really hard to resolve things, so hold on & cross fingers. If it's been two weeks, send a follow up, forwarding the original email (this keeps the details intact if someone is working on it).
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

IllumelodieLazer
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Pod Leader, Camp Illumelodie

Post by IllumelodieLazer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 pm

We've got a similar issue. According to the site, the tickets show shipped, but then, tracking them it shows that after it left the USPS facility closest the delivery address it vanished. USPS says:
---
July 11, 2019, 11:53 pm
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of July 11, 2019, 11:53 pm. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.

----

In July! Needless to say we're worried cause we leave in a couple of days for early build and no one at the BOrg is answering the emails or providing any sort of solutions.

I'm sure that according to the ticket vendor that's a fulfilled ticket since they shipped it, but for us, it never was delivered, so how do we get a replacement?
Ryan Johnson (Lazer)

Pod Leader Camp Illumelodie

1kenyonbrook

Post by 1kenyonbrook » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Lots of emails to ticketsupport and some sort of claim with the carrier. My challenges didn't seem to get much traction until my claim with UPS was accepted and investigated. That process with UPS was 5 business days after they collected the damaged envelope. Its really nerve wracking as the tickets and ultimately delivery problems are occurring so late due the delayed processing and shipping this year.

sending positive vibes

Kenyon

njyx
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: The Dusty Alchemist

Post by njyx » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 pm

What was the resolution? Our tickets were "processing" forever and we finally got the tracking number it showed UPS had flagged the goods "damaged" (the envelope had been opened while with UPS and the content taken. I contacted the org but no response yet.

We're very close to our drive date? How did they resolve? replace the tickets? put some at will-call?

Getting pretty scared about our logistics!

1kenyonbrook

Post by 1kenyonbrook » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am

Below is a copy of the response - Hope this helps and hope you get your stuff sorted soon.

Kenyon

============================================================================

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your order.

Your order has been placed at Will Call for pick up on-site at the box office.

In order for your tickets to be released to you, you MUST present a valid government-issued photo ID. No orders will be released without the legal identification. No refunds will be issued for unclaimed tickets.

All the best,

Burning Man | Ticketing Support

=============================================================================

Return to “Tickets Discussion”