Battery Club SF Plans to Live Stream BM

A forum for community conversation and deeper discussions about the cultural direction of Burning Man.
martinimaas
Burning Since: 2018

Battery Club SF Plans to Live Stream BM

Post by martinimaas » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:01 am

Hello. I am new to the ePlaya and this year will only be my second burn, so apologies in advance for apparent ignorance in certain protocols. I learned yesterday that the Battery Club in San Francisco plans to live stream burning man this year, for hours a day, every day. I am not a member of this club, but will certainly be contacting them next. This appears to be a blatant violation of not only the 10 principles and the event media/photography guidelines, but the overall culture of the event. I'm curious to know whether other live-streams are known. Any ideas on how to shut down the live-stream thing before it begins?

Canoe

Re: Battery Club SF Plans to Live Stream BM

Post by Canoe » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:36 am

Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Battery Club SF Plans to Live Stream BM

Post by Token » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:55 am

Haha haha!

Yeah, good luck with that!

It’s the den of the Nuevo Tech Glitterati.

To be honest, I’d rather they sample the Playa from the comfort of their 600 label wine cellar than by invading BM with their Sherpa Camps and luxury chauffeured art cars.

Maybe they can pay the streaming bill so MBMatt gets some needed help out there.

So hilarious!!!

Return to “Black Rock City Cultural Direction”