LnF.burningman.org/ is closed? Where do I report lost items?

All things outside of Burning Man.
HiImEmma
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Kamp Apokalyptica

LnF.burningman.org/ is closed? Where do I report lost items?

Post by HiImEmma » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:00 pm

I lost my backpack on the playa and my friend Stefan went to pick it up at the playa lost & found. He identified the bag and was told that I needed to report it lost on LnF.burningman.org in order to have it sent back to me -- since I wasn't there with him, he wasn't allowed to pick it up while he was on the playa. Unfortunately, LnF.burningman.org seems to be closed for the season. Could someone let me know where I can request and pay for delivery of the bag to SF? Thanks, Emma

Orwell
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Burning Globe

Re: LnF.burningman.org/ is closed? Where do I report lost items?

Post by Orwell » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:01 pm

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing, my bag is lost and I was told to log on after I got home and the website is closed. Maybe they will re-open it soon?

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:07 pm

Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

ToddKlempan+BM2019
Burning Since: 2012

Post by ToddKlempan+BM2019 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 am

Same boat. Lost phone night of the burn, left that night. Anyone know how to locate it?

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:41 am

Most members of the Org are still on playa, and they're dealing with thousands of items. They do an absolutely amazing job reuniting people with their stuff, but it's going to take a few days for them to start showing up on the Orgs LnF page.

The ePlaya LnF boards will be active once the admins are back from the playa, which should be later this week or early next week. Once the boards are set up the Mods will sort your posts into the right spot (the boards are broken down by category to make it easier to post in them)

We know you're all stressed, but please bear with us while we wait for people to return from the playa.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Return to “Open Discussion”