Hello

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
airmedic98
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: FERN.

Hello

Post by airmedic98 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:18 am

Hello, my name is Dave.

2019 was my first burn. I was the night medic on HGH ambulance Delta 4. I was on the playa for 12 days and worked 10 of those on 12 hour night shifts. Worked a bit too much ya think? It was a wonderful start and I saw and experienced much. One of the very positive experiences was interaction with the ESD crews. I felt we were far more alike than different. I was made to feel instantly welcome and comfortable whether at Rampart or the outlying stations. I would like to spend volunteer time with ESD in any way you think I could be useful as well as ornamental.

My background is the last 28 1/2 years as a paramedic on a commercial air medical service in the mid-west. 99% of my work was in rotor wing. Prior to that I have worked on a ground ambulance in some form since I was in high school.

It is impossible to predict how much HGH will need support in 2020. In any event I would like to gift my background and experience for some time at least as a volunteer with ESD. I have a current Nevada Paramedic and Ambulance Attendant license.

Thanks!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Hello

Post by Elderberry » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:17 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:35 pm

You get it. There are a few ESD on ePlaya experiences. Search. Maybe they will PM.

ESD was right there for my electrolyte situation.

Welcome, and join in ePlaya questioning and answering. Would add, where is your geo? Our regional campouts/meetups would like to meet you.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

airmedic98
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: FERN.

Post by airmedic98 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:25 am

Thanks for the welcome. I live about 100 miles southeast of St. Louis near what horrifically seems to be a dying university. Gateway Burners in St.Louis is my nearest regional group and we are going to their fall picnic next weekend. Promised to bring homemade food so that should help. Plan to stick out my hand and say hello just like I did on the playa.

I'll let you know how it went.

Thanks

Return to “The Greeter's Station”