Hi Lovlies

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Jeannie Ginx
Burning Since: 2021

Hi Lovlies

Post by Jeannie Ginx » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Hey lovely burners. Glad to be here, sad it's not in person.

I've been searching for an outlet to break from the mundane or my spiritual slump, if you will. Burning man has been on my "bucket list" for a while but lately I've decided it shouldn't be a bucket list or a one time thing. I've been looking for my tribe for a long time. I've found some kindred spirits in my years and I'm looking for more. I live in a small town in Oregon and in the off season I'm a Teen Program Coordinator at our local library.

Arts:
Well lets see, I'm what you call a jack of all trades and a master of none. :D lets list some shall we:
I'm a cosplayer
Prop and replication creation
Painting and drawing
Sculpting
Currently creating my first comic book
Recently got into flow/rope dart dancing
I sew
I garden
3d printing
Jewelry making

All of these are hobbies and not done professionally

Life:
I did the college thing and worked in a medical research lab until I realized that it's not my passion at all. So I packed it all up and moved back to my home town. Now I'm a librarian and I'm getting happier. Life can be funny.

I hope the world goes back to normal soon and can't wait to meet new friends next year.
Love ya all
J
Normal is boring. Don't be boring.
Love

JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Re: Hi Lovlies

Post by JayBobBoy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Nice to meet you and good luck! Do your research, brush aside the snark, and have fun!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Welcome to ePlaya!

There is a Portland "Burning Man Regional." Contact information is on the main burningman.org website. Normally they would have their official SOAK campout.

On Facebook are Bend and Central Oregon Network (BACON) of Burners, Portland Burners, Portland Burners Local Events, and BACON for commercial events that charge admission and for sale items.

There are burner concentrations in Vancouver BC, Seattle metro, Olympia, Portland, Bend, Eugene, and Ashland.

There are many outdoor festivals and events like the Freemont parade in Seattle which draw burners too. I would guess they will be back once a vaccine is widely available.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

lucky420
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 am

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Jeannie Ginx

Post by Jeannie Ginx » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 am

Thanks for all the info. You guys are all crazy and beautiful. been reading a lot of posts on different threads. Why have I never done this before?

have a lovely day all!
J
Normal is boring. Don't be boring.
Love

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Welcome to eplaya. Yes, there is lots of information here as well as some very nice people that you'll meet in real life.
Burning Man 2021 is just 14 short months away. It's never too early to start pulling things together. 8)

Return to “The Greeter's Station”