American breakdown front line reports from cities

All things outside of Burning Man.
Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: American breakdown front line reports from cities

Post by Traveller in Time » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am

Wild West scenarios

Minsk - Portland ?

Kenosha - Mogadishu ?

I am sorry for you; USofA s
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Traveller in Time wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am
Wild West scenarios

Minsk - Portland ?

Kenosha - Mogadishu ?

You're preaching to the choir, buddy.
https://internationalliving.com/best-pl ... u-s-expat/

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 am

Traveller in Time wrote:
Wild West scenarios

Minsk - Portland ?

Kenosha - Mogadishu ?

interestingly, the worst cities are run by democrats.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:23 am

ygmir wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 am
[quote="Traveller in Time" post_id=<a href="tel:1203374">1203374</a> time=<a href="tel:1598467803">1598467803</a> user_id=95750]
Wild West scenarios

Minsk - Portland ?

Kenosha - Mogadishu ?

[/quote]

interestingly the worst states are run by Republicans.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:58 am

2071077A-236B-4BA6-A041-5A62F104DB80.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Still listening to Rush Limburger?

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:56 pm

ygmir wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 am
Traveller in Time wrote:
Wild West scenarios

Minsk - Portland ?

Kenosha - Mogadishu ?

Who run Bartertown?

Now let's get back to reporting on our country's turmoil.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:24 am

the problem is some people want our suburbs to look like this...
E9B0C8B0-A478-44C6-BD6F-99E0DD501F3E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:31 am

7CB5C39A-014C-457D-B704-116418E9297C.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:57 pm

some seeing eye wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:29 pm
I have to thank Simon for alerting me and ePlaya to Robert Evans' Bellingcat Blog report on the Boogaloo movement.

I would like to start this topic as a place for specific reports from your cities on the American breakdown of human rights, freedom of speech, and freedom of the press, under policing in the lead up to November.

It is not Trump, politics, conspiracy, jokes, or cartoons.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:46 pm

It is looking very sad for someone's family in Portland at this point. There are hours left in the night.

This twitter has a lot of videos.

https://twitter.com/MrOlmos is one.

OPB is the local public broadcaster and one of the more journalistic news sources: https://www.opb.org/article/2020/08/30/ ... pendleton/
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:31 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:15 pm
some seeing eye wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 pm
The anarchist police harassment in Portland, rioting, and vandalism are dramatized by the media. It doesn't really affect every day life here. It's wrong and unnecessary, I agree. I think it is setting back the BLM movement.
That may be exactly the point. The use of agents provocateurs is a time-tested technique for discrediting any legitimate protest movement.
The old union protestors had special units for rooting out and stopping these agents from coming in from the outside and destroying their cause. I don't think that BLM is that disciplined yet, or are filled with so much rage that they identify with the destruction to some degree. But it works against their cause.
From what I watched live on periscope:
I find it interesting that in all of the nights of video that I've watched live, the vandalism and fire starting/re-starting was done by white guys, the majority in their mid twenties to mid thirties (with a strong bias to late twenties), with the exception of: one black guy throwing something at a car that had been engulfed for some minutes before he walked up; a black guy among ~six white guys thew a bottle at police behind a fence while the white guys threw several; two black guys were trying to break a door down (according to a guy with a megaphone, to show how it's done - they weren't generating much interest), and a black guy banging on and cracking a window. The dozens upon dozens upon dozens of others I watched damage shit live were white. Many damage events seemed to be random, but with a low percentage core that seemed to be there just to destroy stuff: totally ignored any protesting and ignoring signs or directions to leave off as that business was enthic or black owned - making me wonder where they came from and why were they there. These were not the peaceful daytime protests, but the gathering that took place as night came on, with more and more white people gathering as the night got darker, with fewer black people seen.

Those who are trying to get people to stop with the vandalism and fire starting/re-starting, were around 20% white and 80% black, and around 75% female and 25% male.

In Minneapolis, one guy (black umbrella guy) that kept turning up was weeks later identified in the media as wanted by the police, and was supposedly a white supremacist, there to cause shit to have BLM supporters take the blame.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Ugly Dougly

It's still Tuesday

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:55 pm

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:39 pm

While the demonstrations are politics, the discussion should really be mental health and the manipulation of mentally ill individuals by ideological groups.

An official full postevent will emerge.

The Trumpers planned a highway parade. A group of them out of plan diverted to the Hawthorne Bridge then into downtown Portland bypassing a Portland Police block.

Some Portlanders wanted to be out protesting on a Saturday night. There is a belief by some that Trump/racists/Proud Boys/etc need to be "confronted" leading to a fight, because.

So there were many on foot downtown that night, it was a boring pandemic Saturday with nothing the fuck to do. (Portland is more shut down than many cities for COVID)

Both "sides" could have prevented it. Instead in Portland, I fear each "side" will encourage it, ongoing.

My guess is that an argument ensued between the shooter and occupants of a vehicle. The vehicle stopped and the occupants got out. Then the argument was on the ground. One of the vehicle people sprayed the shooter with mace/bear spray and the shooter shot one in the back. That is on video, and more may emerge.

I believe these are the individuals.

The individual killed, 39, was interesting, having overcome in the courts a prohibition against wearing a fox mascot hat for his driver license photo.

The killer, 48, was identified by his family. They said he has been tending to impulsiveness and irrationality.

Even more fucked up, the volunteer (leftist) medics tending to the wounded individual were shooed away and their medical kit kicked away by the Portland Police to wait for the official ambulance with EMTs.

@tiredsierra "I was one of two medics on scene when the man who died last night was shot. I barely had time to begin an examination before the cops pushed and baton-ed me off of his body. That man was alive when I left and it will haunt me for the rest of my life that they screamed about having a “real medic” and none was on scene and that man not but 20 minutes later was confirmed dead. When I close my eyes I can only see his face and the murderous rage in the eyes of a cop abusing me to force me away from helping him as best I could."

The Portland Police have been physically, beating, and gassing, hostile to, even arresting, self-identified medics, press, and ACLU observers, ongoing.

The autopsy and investigation will reveal if those moments lost a life unnecessarily.

Left and right, right and left, polar political action movements are drawing mentally ill individuals into their orbits as fodder. Care for them, don't kill them for your cause.

Last edited by some seeing eye on Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ugly Dougly

Michael Forest Reinoehl

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:21 pm

https://www.insider.com/michael-forest- ... ing-2020-8
In a June 16 Facebook post cited by The Oregonian, Reinoehl described himself as "100 % ANTIFA all the way!" and said that protesting was "where the fight starts."

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:29 am

The local news (was the paper) OregonLive is part of Advance Publications in the privately held Newhouse empire. They have a half ass paywall. Nonetheless this is the most in-depth account so far.

Aaron ‘Jay’ Danielson had tracked Portland protests. He was near home after a pro-Trump rally when he died.
Updated Sep 02, 2020; Posted Sep 02, 2020

By Noelle Crombie | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Aaron “Jay” Danielson planned to head out of town and into the woods last weekend for an early celebration of his 40th birthday but decided instead to take part in a pro-Trump demonstration with friends.

He had gone to a pro-police demonstration in Camas on Friday night and then joined a car caravan Saturday organized by an Idaho supporter of President Donald Trump.

By the end of Saturday, Danielson was dead on a downtown street of a gunshot to the chest. He was killed by a gunman after an apparent chance meeting on Southwest Third Avenue.

Police have made no arrests in the case, but law enforcement sources said they are investigating a man seen attending many of the demonstrations decrying police brutality and systemic racism after George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis.

Friends said this week that they don’t know why Danielson passed up the chance to go camping. He loved nature and was an avid outdoorsman but had also been tracking the protests, they said.

“He loved to go to demonstrations,” said Joey Gibson, the leader of Patriot Prayer, the loosely organized right-wing group.

Photos of Danielson after he was shot showed him wearing a Patriot Prayer ballcap. Gibson said Danielson was a supporter of the group but kept a low profile.

The two were together Friday night and Saturday.

Gibson said he and Danielson spent five hours at the event in Camas, which drew Black Lives Matter advocates as well. He said Danielson spent time “just talking to random BLM supporters.”

Those interactions were “usually friendly,” Gibson said in a text message to The Oregonian/OregonLive.

Among those present at the Camas gathering was Michael Forest Reinoehl, 48, the man under investigation in the fatal shooting.

It’s unclear if Reinoehl exchanged words with Danielson that night. On a video shared on social media, Reinhoehl can be seen speaking with people at the event.

The next day, Gibson and Danielson were among those who took part in the caravan into Portland.

In a video shot in the parking lot of the Clackamas Town Center mall before the caravan got underway, Danielson was seen wearing a backpack and gloves and appeared outfitted with protest gear. Friends said Danielson had a canister of bear spray with him but wasn’t carrying a gun.

A Portland Tribune reporter encountered Danielson and another Patriot Prayer member, Chandler Pappas, in the mall parking lot. The reporter photographed Pappas carrying a paintball gun and reported that both men carried tactical equipment.

Caravan organizer Alex Kyzik and other event organizers urged attendees to carry guns, though not to do so openly.

Patriot Prayer has been at the center of multiple Portland demonstrations that have often ended in violent clashes with anti-fascist opponents.

Tensions rose almost as soon as the car rally began. The line of trucks and cars eventually made its way into Portland, many flying U.S. flags, Trump flags and Thin Blue Line flags.

Clips of Danielson posted to social media by his friends and associates show him in one of the trucks with Gibson and others.

At one point, Danielson’s friends are seen in another video trying to wash his eyes. Gibson on Wednesday said that the truck had been sprayed with pepper spray.

In another video from the same ride, Danielson sat next to Gibson, a gas mask atop his head.

A video shot by The New York Times shows participants in pickups adorned with Trump flags firing paintball guns and pepper spray into the crowds on downtown Portland streets.

In a video posted to his Facebook page, Gibson said he rode into downtown Portland with Danielson and then he left. He said Danielson and Pappas were in downtown because Danielson lived nearby.

Danielson, friends said, lived in Southwest Portland.

Around 8 p.m., Kyzik, the organizer from Idaho, posted calls for conservative activists to leave Portland.

About an hour later, Danielson was shot.

A witness and livestreamer, Justin Dunlap, said he was walking south on the east side of Third Avenue and about to cross the Alder Street intersection when he heard shouting. He said he saw a man later identified as Danielson “pull something up from his hip with his right hand and a big cloud of mace goes in the air.”

Dunlap said a half-second later, “there were two pops” of gunfire and Danielson stumbled, then collapsed.

Gibson said it appeared to him that the shooting was unprovoked. “They were not agitating,” he said on his Facebook video.

Gibson wasn’t present at the shooting but said he’s viewed widely shared video of the scene and heard Pappas’ account. Based on that, he said he believes the gunman’s first bullet nicked a canister of bear mace that unleashed “a cloud” of gas and the second bullet hit Danielson.

Stephanie Wilcox, 37, a longtime friend of Danielson’s, said he had planned to go out of town last week but opted instead to take part in the demonstrations.

She said Danielson had gone to Portland protests the week before he was killed.

“He was a watcher,” she said. “He liked to watch and take videos. He was not one to start a fight or get loud in somebody’s face.”

She said Danielson told her he had been sprayed the previous week from behind. She said he texted her a photo from the event.

She said Danielson was a Trump supporter but the two didn’t talk politics much. She said she didn’t know how he became involved in Gibson’s group.

He was known by his friends as Jay or Jay Dailey.

Danielson was mistakenly identified in some initial press reports as Jay Bishop. Multiple friends of Danielson’s said he never used the surname Bishop.

Friends said he was raised in Spokane and was close to his parents, who are divorced, and sister. His family lives in Washington and has declined to say anything publicly since his death.

Wilcox doesn’t know why he decided to skip his outdoor plans.

She said she reached out to him last Friday by text. She said she told him she worried about his safety.

“That was literally the last thing I said to him,” she said.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:37 pm

You get enough fully armed yahoos in one place, somebody's sure to start an argument, even among folks on the same side. And of course, nobody's been drinking.
Thanks for sharing the report.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:46 pm

Trevor Noah wrote:Nobody drives into a city with guns because they love someone else’s business that much. That’s some bullshit. No one has ever thought, ‘Oh, it’s my solemn duty to pick up a rifle and protect that T.J. Maxx.’ They do it because they’re hoping to shoot someone.

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:11 pm

Hope everyone stays safe

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:40 pm

The PNWYLF nightly protests have nothing to do with BLM. They are getting annoying.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:57 am

meanwhile, in rochester ny...

2DCB6523-C36E-42E7-99C3-7743FF29A56E.jpeg

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 736766002/
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

About that "Heat Ray"

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System
The Active Denial System (ADS), is a non-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military, designed for area denial, perimeter security and crowd control. Informally, the weapon is also called the heat ray since it works by heating the surface of targets, such as the skin of targeted human beings. Raytheon had marketed a reduced-range version of this technology. The ADS was deployed in 2010 with the United States military in the Afghanistan War, but was withdrawn without seeing combat. On August 20, 2010, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department announced its intent to use this technology to control incarcerated people in the Pitchess Detention Center in Los Angeles, stating its intent to use it in "operational evaluation" in situations such as breaking up prisoner fights. As of 2014, the ADS was only a vehicle-mounted weapon, though U.S. Marines and police were both working on portable versions. ADS was developed under the sponsorship of the Department of Defense Non-Lethal Weapons Program with the Air Force Research Laboratory as the lead agency. There are reports that Russia and China are developing their own versions of the Active Denial System.
Reflective materials such as aluminum cooking foil should reflect this radiation and could be used to make clothing that would be protective against this radiation.
Communications and Power Industries (CPI), Palto Alto [sic], Calif., is being awarded a $6,377,762 costs-reimbursement, cost-plus fixed-price contract. The contractor shall design, build, test, and deliver a two to 2.5 megawatt, high efficiency, continuous wave (CW) 95 gigahertz millimeter wave source system.
https://www.cpii.com/
https://www.cpii.com/locations.cfm
Some of the claimed problems expressed have included: (1) that a potential unreliability in certain environmental conditions, because precipitation (rain/snow/fog/mist) commonly dissipates RF energy, which may moderate the ADS's sensation to "warm and comfortable"; (2) that ADS may only work successfully against exposed skin, implying that heavier clothing may reduce its effectiveness and that its tactical usefulness may potentially be limited in striking specific personnel hiding in crowds of civilians, because this 'hiding' situation has not been seen in all recent theaters of operation (was reportedly observed in Somalia and Iraq, but reportedly not in Afghanistan). What the actual performance of ADS is relative to these concerns is not presently known to be published in open literature.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:47 am

BDC31316-2BC8-4774-B4AD-F5AB16FF70E9.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Leaked Messages Show Far-Right Group's Plans for Portland Violence

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2020/09 ... -violence/

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:27 pm

https://nypost.com/2020/09/23/louisvill ... town-area/
At least two Louisville, Kentucky, police officers were reportedly shot Wednesday night in the city’s downtown amid massive protests after a grand jury did not indict cops in the killing of Breonna Taylor.

The officers were shot around 8:30 p.m. near Broadway and Brook Street as residents took to the city’s streets after the grand jury’s decision was handed down earlier in the day, the Courier-Journal Reported.

Federal authorities confirmed the shooting and have arrived to aid in the investigation.

“The FBI Louisville SWAT team has responded to an LMPD officer being shot and will continue to assist in the investigation,” the FBI’s Louisville branch tweeted.

One of the cops was shot in the abdomen, below a bullet-proof vest, and was rushed to surgery, the Courier-Journal reported, citing sources.

Ugly Dougly

Back to our regulary scheduled programme, still in progress

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:52 pm

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 am

America could have been $16 trillion richer if not for inequities in education, housing, wages and business investment between Black and White Americans over the past 20 years, new research concludes.

The study, released this week by Citigroup, is the latest in a body of research that attempts to quantify the economic impact of systemic racism. Citigroup arrived at its $16 trillion figure after estimating that:

Black workers have lost $113 billion in potential wages over the past two decades because they couldn't get a college degree.
The housing market lost $218 billion in sales because Black applicants couldn't get home loans.
About $13 trillion in business revenue never flowed into the economy because Black entrepreneurs couldn't access bank loans.
What's more, the U.S. could have $5 trillion in gross domestic product over the next five years if those gaps and others were closed today, the study indicated.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-gro ... ty-report/
Frida Be You & Me

Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: "The 'Burbs"

Post by Molotov » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:56 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 am

Black workers have lost $113 billion in potential wages over the past two decades because they couldn't get a college degree.
The housing market lost $218 billion in sales because Black applicants couldn't get home loans.
About $13 trillion in business revenue never flowed into the economy because Black entrepreneurs couldn't access bank loans.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-gro ... ty-report/
And, oh Wise One, how do you propose a cure for this, to restore equity within the next administration-whomever it may be?

Return to “Open Discussion”