Donald Trump is my hero

All things outside of Burning Man.
Canoe

Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by Canoe » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:20 pm

avoidance of taxes meant Trump was giving “zero for troops, zero for veterans, zero for schools, or health.”
Thinking about how often I've heard Republicans say they hate illegal immigrants because "they don't pay taxes."
Donald Trump should have been forced to release his tax returns before he ran for president because then he never would have become president and 200,000 people would still be alive.
A billionaire paid $750 in taxes, but I’m supposed to be mad at someone that is unemployed getting $600 a week during a pandemic
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:08 pm

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin got personally rich during his 17 years at Goldman Sachs, specializing in the kind of private-label mortgage securities that would end up nearly wrecking the global economy in 2008.
He got richer by capitalizing on the carnage to buy a failing, scandal-stained bank on the cheap and carry out 36,000 foreclosures (many involving high-risk reverse mortgages marketed to elderly homeowners) while collecting federal subsidies intended to help keep people in their homes.
In 2015 and 2016, Mnuchin led the fundraising effort for candidate Donald Trump, raising $169 million.
A day after being nominated for the job, Mnuchin declared the watering-down of Dodd-Frank bank rules his “top priority.”
As head of the Financial Stability Oversight Council and leader of the agency overseeing the IRS, Mnuchin has been the administration’s point man in efforts to weaken bank regulations, obscure scrutiny of financial activities, and provide favorable tax rulings for wealthy individuals and businesses—an expanse of territory filled with opportunities for him to bestow favors on industry cronies.
In 2017, Mnuchin’s office released recommendations for tax regulations that were almost entirely lifted from a memo put out by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Mnuchin overruled IRS lawyers to block disclosure of Trump tax returns.
After attending a conference hosted by convicted securities crook Michael Milken, Mnuchin intervened in rule-writing deliberations, making it easier for Milken to qualify for the “Opportunity Zone” tax break. Milken later secured a presidential pardon with Mnuchin’s further assistance.
In other decisions involving Opportunity Zones, Mnuchin’s team failed to insist on eligibility guidelines ensuring that low-income areas and residents benefit, as the law stipulates. “At every step, the Treasury Department has made it easier for wealthy investors to reap a taxpayer windfall” from Opportunity Zones, says Senator Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat who has introduced legislation that would force investors to disclose more information about their spending and its effects.
Others in a position to benefit from Treasury’s Opportunity Zone decisions include the family of Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner; former Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey; Richard LeFrak, a New York real-estate magnate and longtime Trump associate; and former White House aide Anthony Scaramucci.
WHAT AM I DOING HERE?
Mnuchin is a former hedge fund manager and bank CEO—the fifth of the last eight Treasury secretaries with a Wall Street background, and the third with Goldman Sachs on his résumé.
His bank, OneWest, evicted a 103-year-old woman for missing a single payment on her homeowner’s insurance; foreclosed on a 92-year-old over a mortgage check written for 27 cents less than the correct amount; and changed the locks on a Minnesota family in the middle of a blizzard.
OneWest was implicated in the use of cooked or robo-signed backup documents, among other practices that a New York judge characterized as “harsh, repugnant, shocking and repulsive.”
SELF-AND-CRONY-ENRICHMENT
After committing himself to the divestment of his share in a movie company, Mnuchin “sold” it to his fiancée (now wife) Louise Linton.
In his first six months as Treasury Secretary, Mnuchin spent $1 million flying on government jets. He would have used one for his honeymoon if department lawyers hadn’t warned against it.
Incorporated and unincorporated businesses and America’s richest families received huge benefits from the 2017 tax cut bill. To make those benefits seem more reasonable and affordable, the Trump administration and congressional Republicans claimed to be closing loopholes at the same time. Since the law’s enactment, the Treasury Department has taken steps to significantly reopen two key loopholes.
That rule-writing process was overseen by a top Mnuchin deputy, Chip Harter, who spent years at the accounting and consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers and the law firm Baker McKenzie helping companies take advantage of such tax-avoidance techniques.
With the assistance of lobbyists from Harter’s former firms, a group of foreign-owned multinational corporations—including the Swiss food giant Nestlé and the Dutch chemical manufacturer LyondellBasell—won a concession that will re-legitimize a complex currency-accounting ploy as a way to reduce their U.S. taxes.
In similar fashion, a group of foreign-owned banks—including Credit Suisse and Barclays—succeeded in exempting a large class of bank transactions from the supposed crackdown. Many tax experts, including some at Treasury itself, insisted that the law did not give the department the authority to grant such an exemption. Harter dismissed their arguments. Erika Nijenhuis of the law firm Cleary Gottlieb was one of the lobbyists who made the banks’ case in private meetings with top Treasury officials; in September 2019, Nijenhuis joined the department’s Office of Tax Policy, which continues to work on these rules. As a result of Treasury’s decisions, the foreign banks stand to gain as much as $50 billion, and the loophole-closing measure is likely to collect only a small fraction of the $150 billion in new revenues originally projected by Congress.
Altogether, federal tax collection efforts are running tens of billions of dollars behind Congress’s original projections, significantly inflating the cost of the 2017 tax bill. In 2018, the United States had the sharpest decline in tax revenues of any of the 36 OECD nations.

ITS ALL IN HERE
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 pm

6DCAA853-5ECB-4007-B16E-FE757B2F624B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:57 am

This was maybe the worst presidential debate in American history.

If this was supposed to be a boxing match, it instead turned into Trump jumping on the ropes, refusing to come down, the referee trying to coax him off and Biden standing in the middle of the ring with his gloves on and a confused look on his face.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/30/91850097 ... -takeaways
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:31 am

D174CE2E-7B2A-4D9F-9ECD-F51DC642F840.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Miura-7 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:49 am

I found myself yelling at the TV. "Why don't you shut the fuck up!" You fuckin liar!" & Finished with,"Unfuckinbelievable!!!"

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump is the Winter of our Discontent

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 am

Fauci said that “we must, over the next few weeks, get that baseline of infections down to 10,000 per day, or even much less if we want to maintain control of this outbreak.”

This may be the most salient warning he has issued at any point in the pandemic. Cutting an infection rate as high as ours by 75 percent in a matter of weeks would almost certainly require widespread lockdowns in which nearly everyone shelters in place, as happened in China in January. That will not happen in the United States. Donald Trump has been campaigning for reelection on just the opposite message. He has promised that normalcy and American greatness are just around the corner. He has touted dubious treatments and said at least 34 times that the virus will disappear. This disinformation is nearing a crescendo now that the election looms: Trump has been teasing a vaccine that could be available within weeks.

The cold reality is that we should plan for a winter in which vaccination is not part of our lives. Three vaccine candidates are currently in Phase 3 clinical trials in the U.S., and the trials’ results may arrive as early as November. But even if they do—and even if they look perfect—it would not mean that a vaccine would be widely available. On Wednesday, Redfield said in a congressional hearing that a vaccine was unlikely to be widely available until summer of next year, if not later. Fauci may be even less optimistic. He told my colleague Peter Nicholas that if the clinical trials go well, it could mean a few million doses could be available by early 2021. By the time we got to 50 million to 100 million doses, he estimated, “you’re going to be well into 2021.” If each person needs two doses, as many experts expect, that would be enough to vaccinate roughly 11 percent of the population.

how to survive this winter
Frida Be You & Me

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 am

HOT, MIKE SHUT OFF SWITCH period !
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:51 am

D75132DD-C3D6-4FB0-902C-A89E31760E92.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

thnkfl
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Outpost Aught Naught Cipher Nothing

Post by thnkfl » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 pm

My favorite quote from last night's debate:
[trump]: "Don't ever use the word 'smart' with me!"
Make it, enjoy it, let it go.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Just confirmed. Debate #2 is just a fist fight in a Chili's parking lot.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:20 am

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 am

Freud wrote:The first indication of stupidity is a complete lack of shame.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:33 am

35C8D247-B0CB-42AE-B78E-A05A1FC37772.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Visualize removal from office

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Army Vets penned a letter to the Joint Chiefs instructing them to be ready to remove Trump from office if he refuses to leave the office. Ana Kasparian and John Iadarola discuss on The Young Turks. Keep Hope (and TYT) Alive: http://tyt.com/go

Read more here: https://www.mediaite.com/election-2020/ ... -he-loses/

"John Nagl, a retired Army officer, and Paul Yingling, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, penned an open letter to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley — warning him that President Donald Trump might refuse to leave office in November and that the U.S. military must be prepared to remove him.

Nagl and Yingling pointed out that because of Trump’s history in office and “a dangerous confluence of circumstances,” the 45th president may attempt to stay in office past his term, noting that Milley will have to make a choice come November.

“We do not live in ordinary times. The President of the United States is actively subverting our electoral system, threatening to remain in office in defiance of our Constitution,” they wrote. “In a few months’ time, you may have to choose between defying a lawless president or betraying your Constitutional oath.”*

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:15 pm

45 whisperer Hope Hicks test positive for COVID-19. Hope is also close to the Jared.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:50 pm

"You only paid me to hold your hand."

twitter.com/VtheEsquire/status/1311259975415672832

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Voter Supression
And its consequences.
One of the scariest things you'll ever read.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... de/616424/

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:38 pm

Hmmm
They'd better keep an eye on him, or before they know it he'll snort some Hydroxychloroquine, inject bleach, stick a light-bulb up his backend and then toddle off to get some rest in a sauna.

burner von braun

Post by burner von braun » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:55 am

Thanks for the link to The Atlantic election article Canoe. Let hope it doesn't get that far out of hand, but it certainly could. I easily see the possibility of a 'red mirage' happening Nov 3, and subsequently a lot of previously sewn mistrust taking hold as blue mail-in ballots turn the results in the following days. The more complicated scenarios during the Interregnum are even more disconcerting, but it is valuable to be aware such potentials and pitfalls.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:18 am

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:49 am

this is the tastiest most delicious schadenfreude in the history of schadenfreude.

only the best schadenfreude.

ask anyone.
Frida Be You & Me

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:26 am

Now I gotta look up another one of your words.

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 am

"Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune." Kind of like David Perdue and Kelly Loefller profitting from the pandemic."Our Misfortune!"

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 am

Apparently, Hicks tested negative on Wednesday before she boarded Air Force 1 with the president and most of his closest advisers, but developed symptoms during the day.

According to CNBC, those on Air Force 1 on Wednesday were White House chief of staff Mark Meadows; national security advisor Robert O’Brien; Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani; White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany; Ivanka; Jared Kushner; Donald Jr.; Eric; Donald Jr’s girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle; Eric’s wife Lara; Tiffany; campaign manager Bill Stepien; campaign official Jason Miller; White House social media director Dan Scavino; White House counselor Derek Lyons; political advisor Stephen Miller; Representative Jim Jordan, (R-Ohio), [and] Alice Marie Johnson, the criminal justice reform advocate Trump pardoned.

Trump also stood inside near Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for an hour and a half on Tuesday, yelling and spitting—the very conditions that are most likely to spread the disease. At the debate, his entourage, which included Hicks, Jordan, and the four older Trump children, refused to wear masks despite the mandate that they do so.

-Heather Cox Richardson

There is some pretty savage creative writing out there on Trump in hell, where he would be joined by Jim Jordan, who did not speak up at the time, then lied later about sexual abuse by OSU doctor Richard Strauss, and Steven Miller, responsible for separating refugee children from their parents. :twisted:

Trump has often spoken about Democratic leaders being in hell, including John Dingell, John McCain, and Lyndon Johnson. In turn, https://research.bowdoin.edu/dante-toda ... ald-trump/
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Miura-7 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 am
"Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune." Kind of like David Perdue and Kelly Loefller profitting from the pandemic."Our Misfortune!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:23 pm

This article really brought me some perspective on the recent news:

If You're Happy President Trump Tested Positive for COVID-19, You're Just as Bad as He Is
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:25 pm

^^^And... boom!

The schadenfucker Demoncrats are no better than the "scum" they claim to be so much better than.

What a shame.
Simon of the Playa wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:49 am
this is the tastiest most delicious schadenfreude in the history of schadenfreude.

only the best schadenfreude.

ask anyone.
So, it's confirmed... Satan really loves you...

You're really taking pleasure in the fact that someone caught a potentially deadly virus?

So petty, so hateful... a true lowlife... and yet we're supposed to believe you have good intentions in your political endeavors? When you kinda wish death on people who disagree with you because of your giant useless ego...

God bless you, silly Simon... you really need to step your soul up.

Love,
God Boy
Consciousness contains all Multiverse
The Singularity cannot be hacked
The Divine Programmer manifests Love
Phenomena radiates it back
With Immaculate power and humble Grace
We Burn down Samsara
At Home, this must be the Place

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:48 pm

I really don’t care
Do you?

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Pendejo is the biggest player of them all. Biggest of the big

Go take a nap
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Open Discussion”