Looking to share RV/camp

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Looking to share RV/camp

Postby robyndale » Thu May 19, 2005 7:53 pm

I'm flying from Australia to attend my first Burning Man and looking for people to hook up with and share RV/camp/ride from San Franscisco.
I'm 28 and Scottish, currently living in Sydney, working as a doctor in an emergency dept.
Happy to share costs of everything and help with setting up camps/art installations.

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Oz, huh?

Postby swampdog » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:12 pm

A good friend of mine is coming from Sydney for BM this year. So far we're a camp of 2. PM me if you want contact info for her, you could meet and decide if you want to consider joining with us. We're pretty lo-fi - a tent, a shade structure, a stove, some art projects. I'm in Bellingham, WA - 80 mi north of Seattle.

Rusted Iron

If you're still looking for a ride...

Postby Rusted Iron » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:52 am

We will probably need another driver, for one of our small trucks and trailers, from the North Bay to the playa.

We're located about 50 miles north of SFO, and there's a shuttle that goes from the airport to a few miles from our house.

If it turns out that we have enough drivers, we could still offer a ride, and a camp to stay in, if you haven't hooked up with someone else. (Our camp has about 10 people, a few archaelogists, a PA with an emergency med background, a computer guy, a muscian, a writer, and people with changable occupations. We range in age from our 30s to 50s. Our main art project is an art car. We'll be putting up scaffolding and a few interactive camp pieces, like The Shadow and the Waking World Teeter Totter, and possibly a bowling alley.)

If driving an old Toyota pickup over the mountains and across the desert appeals to you, let us know.

Return to “2011 Share Resources”