What's up with Larry Harvey?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
gladeye

What's up with Larry Harvey?

Post by gladeye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:40 am

As I look all over this website, peruse the mailings, and pour over the Jack Rabbit Speaks emails, I've noticed no word from Larry. I'm sure he's kinda busy right now, but he's the closest thing to a "leader" (read that loosely) or figurehead that BM has. I've never met him or heard him speak, but I've read a few transcripts of speehes he has given. He is very articulate, insightful, and funny. Be he also seems to be very quiet.

Has he written or posted anything anywhere in the last few months?
"Madness is the first sign of dandruff" - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

TheJudge

Post by TheJudge » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:59 am

Havent you heard? He's been bought out by the Borg, who are now completly controlling how the event is run and Larry only gets a small stipend for coming up with the idea.

Or something.

Regardless, we certainly dont need to be calling him "the leader" since the organization is run by a Board of Directors and not one specific person.

Call him "the hat."
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:01 am

Meh. After coming up with that pretentious mission statement on "The Psyche" Larry has taken off time to rest.

Or something.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

TheJudge

Post by TheJudge » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:09 am

Probably already writing up the 100 page thesis for next year's ubiquitious theme.
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu

robotland

Post by robotland » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:05 am

Something makes me think that The Hat doesn't like smalltalk all that much....And the Inner Circle keep him drugged, either that or it's Semi-Divine Detachment.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:16 am

Hah! they defreeze him twice a year. Once to write the theme stuff and once to prop him up at first camp--wait, they thaw him once a year and inject liquid nitrogen while he's propped up at first camp to keep him from thawing out. It is project that this will preserve the hat for event leadership through 2146.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

robotland

Post by robotland » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:54 am

Hmmm...this all sound familiar. I know!

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startr ... Force.html
Howdy From Kalamazoo

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:59 am

The character "Larry Harvey" is a purely imaginary figment of your imagination. At BRC, you'll see several people dressed in the trademark cream Stetson. These are employees of Larryworld, their job is to serve as greeters to newcomers and generally get in the way.

Dork

Post by Dork » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:01 am

Sophisticated animatronics like those used to create Larry are difficult to maintain. He likely broke down and the crew is too busy putting staff stickers on their golf carts to attend to him right now.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”