Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:17 am

Howdy spacecowboy, welcome home.

Age? Hah! You won't be out of place. Drop by Anti M's Home for Wayward Art (in Hushville) say hi, have a bevvie, and take home some art.

reading the Survival Guide yet?

jpx

Post by jpx » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:10 am

hello : ) i'm jpx. i'm just about to buy my ticket. i'm coming down with a bunch of friends this year, hope to. it'll be my first time.

i've had a lot of assumptions about the world shaken this year so this is the year to go to burning man.

peace, cats
for me and my true love will never meet again

fromMA

Post by fromMA » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 am

Heyyyyyyyyy SpaceCowboy. We must have been separated at birth. I too am a child of the 60's and will be going for the first time with the wife. We cant wait and I know what you mean that as soon as you look at the web page, you have found home. We should meetup in 210 days to share old times and show the young'uns we can party with the best of them :))

GGL1000

Post by GGL1000 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:17 pm

I'm a Staff Sergeant in the US Army. Anyone one from Georgia
Garret "flacco" LaBudde

GGL1000

I'm a Staff Sergeant in the US Army. Anyone from Georgia
Garret "flacco" LaBudde

GGL1000

Im looking for someone to go there with
Garret "flacco" LaBudde

SpaceCowboy

Post by SpaceCowboy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:55 pm

AntiM,

I checked Hushville and found nothing on Anti M's Home for Wayward Art. Also, what is a "bevvie"?

I am reading the Survival Guide, hell I almost have it memorized. I am so ready for this.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:00 pm

Don't sweat your age SpaceCowboy. At BDC&WB we have campmates whose ages range from mid-20's to late 70's. Maybe you won't be able to trip the light fantastic like some of the ravers tweeking on E, but then again you probably won't wake up in a puddle of your own vomit either.

SpaceCowboy

Heyyyyy fromMA

Post by SpaceCowboy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:02 pm

I like your idea of showing the young'uns on how to party. They only think they know what parting is all about. We will have have to stay in touch via this forum and meet up. Cool, my first contact on the playa?

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:34 pm

SpaceCowboy wrote:AntiM,

I checked Hushville and found nothing on Anti M's Home for Wayward Art. Also, what is a "bevvie"?

I am reading the Survival Guide, hell I almost have it memorized. I am so ready for this.
Hushville is the larger village we camp in; my camp/art project is The Home, an art adoption gallery. No, it wouldn't be listed with Hushville, but it will be in the where what when guide you'll get at the gate. I'm easy to find, Hushville places the interactive camps on the perimeter if at all possible.

A bevvie is a beverage; I've quit specifying beer!

SpaceCowboy

ANTIM

Post by SpaceCowboy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:13 pm

OK, now I got you. You are a camp within a camp. And thank you I believe I will have a bevvie or 8.

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:44 pm

Oh yes, be certain to stop at Dr. Pyro's Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro-- especially for the eplaya meet 'n greet! Last year was my first time at Burning Man, and the meet and greet was definitely a high point. (Now I need to figure out how to make it back out for another year...!)

B.

(P.S.: I now have the BDC&WB sticker on the front bumper of my car-- it helps me to find it in the parking lots around here.)
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

skeetsh00ter

Post by skeetsh00ter » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:22 pm

GGL, glad to meet someone else from georgia. I've been over to Ft. Benning several times...its...nice...

skadi

Post by skadi » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi, I'm Nicki. I am wibbling with excitement at the idea of joining the BM community this year and howling at the lunar eclipse. I'm from Australia and this will be my first big travel adventure - I'm leaping into the deep end with gutso. Any advice for a BM virgin? Would it be fairly easy to buy a cheap second-hand bike when I get to.. wherever it is my plane's going to land? (LA, at this stage) Also, I have no idea how to get to BRC. How does one manage to carry enough water and food for the week with only an already-full backpack? I'm hoping to meet some like-minded people through the ride-share forums who are generous enough to help me out in exchange for petrol money, neck massages and origami cranes. Is it OK for me to just rock up with no real plans and just help out wherever? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Peace, Nicki

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:11 am

Welcome Home Skadi!

You might consider grabbing a flight to Reno after getting to LA. You may be able to find ride-share's from there easier. Please, please read the survival guide. It's essential you arrange to bring enough supplies and WATER to last the week. There are also lots of tips and help on this board, so read and ask questions. Choosing to go it alone or getting together with a camp is a personal choice, but you can usually find just about anything that suits you in the forums.
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

Miss Red

Post by Miss Red » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:59 am

Hi I'm Kate and I am brand spanking new to all of this... I've bought burning man tickets for my first burn!! Very excited about this : ) I'm also planning a move from DC to San Francisco this April. Big things ahead!

MikeVDS
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Welcome. You'll have a blast. Don't forget to read all the survival guides that you can.

lebarondescarteun

Burning Man for Oldtimmers

Post by lebarondescarteun » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:26 pm

Howdy folks I'm attending BM for the very first time in my life. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and finally got the guts up for it. I've never been much of a camper and age wise I would be considered way over the hill. I'm looking for any suggestions from you good people that might help me in this quest to experience the time of my life. I've been reading all I can get from the internet and I really want to be prepared.

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:05 pm

Whats way over the hill, I'm 51, no wait if I am way over the hill I don't want to know, Unjonharly is in his 70's and he's not over the hill and he broght his father only a few years ago,.. I must not be over the hill,.. hey so your not either,.. and anyway everybody's a kid at Burning Man enjoy!

Lasers And Daring

Post by Lasers And Daring » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:51 am

Hello all living and otherwise existant!

I am here for the... Lasers and Daring.

This will be my first BM experience. And I am so very happy to be a part of it. (If only I could write something non-redundant). :roll:

I've lived on this multi-elimental rock for 22 years, and have hit the target of being completely wonderous at this stage in my sentient journey.

The portion of "land" I've become most accustomed to is the Bay Area [the only place I can see myself ever-returning to until otherwise educated].

I'd like to extend my favorite universal gesture, a "hug" to everyone here, as well as to those who live to explore. (It has been hard to conceive of giving these gestures to many others).

My gender is coming more + more into question in this wonderous age, so I am creating a garment I have yet to see elsewhere; a new or rare type of skirt/pants. A small and personal project (yet big for me at this stage) for me to better experience freedom of movement and/or concealment [when not moving].

I've lost many hours of sleep due to anxieties for this event, despite it's time lenght away. Perhaps the notions of "breathing" and "relaxing" are becoming more far-fetched. :?

As with all things, I hope to figure it out eventually, and hope to connect with you all eventually.

Be well on your journey.[/b]
First Burn = Greenman.
I'm soo ready.
Seeking ride/camp-shares.
(c;{

Lasers And Daring

Post by Lasers And Daring » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:56 am

Miss Red wrote:Hi I'm Kate and I am brand spanking new to all of this... I've bought burning man tickets for my first burn!! Very excited about this : ) I'm also planning a move from DC to San Francisco this April. Big things ahead!

I certainly recommend the move.
First Burn = Greenman.
I'm soo ready.
Seeking ride/camp-shares.
(c;{

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:18 am

yes, you'll definatley be closer to BM...I often thought gerlach would be cool to live in...well tell i saw some of the intollerance to burners!
So I'll make do with good old Reno!

Last year was my first and I jumped in with both feet, both arms, had to because my brain, mind and soul left without me for about 2 weeks...and yes when I caught up to them on the playa I had all intensions of giving them a good talking too, but they were having way to much fun, so the rest of me just, started to dance!

The dreams...VIRGINS...enjoy the pre-burn dreams. Does require reading all the survival guides, reading up on posts and if you get the chance see the documentary "Beyond the..."crap whats the title?
anywho, it will take you there in some mental respect...but really the dreams are such a gift. Funny I thought theres no way it could be as great and abnormal as my dreams...wow,,was I ever in for a treat!

Its Better!!!!!!!!!!!!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

lebarondescarteun

Over the hill

Post by lebarondescarteun » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:13 am

Hey Zulegonna, it's nice to know there's others like me out there.I'll be 62 this year and I really don't want to go high end on the gear until I've gone thru the experience. Most of what I've read says to get a four seasons tent but I don't want to spend that kind of money yet.Any suggestions from you or other burners about low income housing?

Oznium.com

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:48 am

Hello everyone! My name is Max, born and raised in the bay area. I landed on this forum because I've always fantasized about attending Burning Man. The people who have been seem to have experienced a life change. It's comforting to know that a decentralized system can work so well! like this forum.

Another reason I'm hear is to give all the burning man led art projects a tip on where to find some superbright and inexpensive leds (EDITED BY MOD TO REMOVE COMMERCIAL DOT COM). I'll be honest with you, before working here I didn't even know what an LED was. But now I'm crazy for these things. Our customers swear by them.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:05 am

Er, welcome ... but eplaya is a non-commerce site. Sure we give each other tips on deals, but you as a seller, cannot advertise here. Before you'd even posted I'd reported your username profile as commercial.

I can take out the commercial link from your post, in fact, I will, but don't feel like I'm coming down on you any harder than anyone else who makes the rookie mistake of advertising here. Really, you are welcome, just reread the Terms of Service, okay?

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 am

...even the username is an ad.

My god don`t give anyone any ideas...

Soon socks named Lexus dot scum will start popping up.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:16 am

Yeah, well, I can't do much about the username, but it has been popped upstairs, so likely he'll be gone soon.

Fantasized about Burning Man? Buy a ticket, gift us them there lights!

BAS

Post by BAS » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:11 pm

:? ...was my experience supposed to be "life changing"?!? :? Dang! I did it wrong! :shock: I had a good time, got to see some interesing stuff, etc., but I don't know as I would go so far as life changing.

I guess I need to go back and try again! :P

B. (probably should get some caffeine into himself or something)
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

allthatburns06

Post by allthatburns06 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:54 pm

[quote="BAS"]:? ...was my experience supposed to be "life changing"?!? :? Dang! I did it wrong! :shock: I had a good time, got to see some interesing stuff, etc., but I don't know as I would go so far as life changing.

I guess I need to go back and try again! :P

B. (probably should get some caffeine into himself or something)[/quote]

It's exactly what the participant makes it....life-changing or otherwise.

glttrgrl

Greetings from New Orleans

Post by glttrgrl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Hey all!!! I'm an artist from New Orleans and if I can get a ticket, this will be my first burn. I've always wanted to attend BM, but have never taken the initiative. I turned 30 last month, so I figure that it's now or never. My, how time flies......

Although I've asked a few friends of mine to go, they all seem rather flight-y about it. Why am I the only one that thinks spontaneously?

I'm damn psyched about this!! Looking forward to making some lasting connections and friendships....

Let me know if you're in the New Orleans area.
Tish
:)

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.--Dubuffet***

Return to “The Greeter's Station”