Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
akmojo

Post by akmojo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:41 am

Fucking A.... I feel for you.... bet a dose of wild Alaska would bring things back in perspective...... it's fucking awesome up here !!!
think big and dare to fail

Gooloo

Post by Gooloo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:04 am

broke my fucking left foot and had to have surgery and screws put in last week. Sucks being on crutches. Sucks not being able to stand up in the shower. On the good side, I whined a little yesterday when the surgeon did a wound check and got a refill on the percocet prescrip. A perc and a beer and I have the best dreams.........
Analytically fun and spontaneous

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:00 pm

I think I have post climatic stress disorder......fuck!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Petal of the Playa

Post by Petal of the Playa » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:08 pm

fuuuuck! my office was broken into last night - made off with computers and monitors - fucking bastards...
It only seems kinky the first time...

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:09 pm

fuck that sux.P of the P!

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:56 pm

Speaking of wild Alaska, when the fuck is the movie version of Into the Wild being released?!? Its one of the few movies I am really interested in seeing.

What the fuck do I have to do to get a genius grant? I wanna blow it all on booze and women...! (Will settle for one or the other.)

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

The CO
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Post by The CO » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:33 am

BAS wrote:What the fuck do I have to do to get a genius grant?
Step one: Have a genius level IQ...
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
When I ask how many burns, I mean at BRC.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:34 am

Review was in paper yesterday. Question is is it opening same time everywhere or will you have to wait a week or two.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:11 pm

Fuck, fucking rain/snow mix, cold as as fuckless dead frog's ass out. Time to nuckin' fuggle up with mylarry in front of the fire. Fuck.

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:07 am

Fucking hormones, anxiety, muddled thoughts, depression. Fuck, I keep wanting to talk to someone, but there's nobody but my cat, and he's heard it already. I have only to look forward to going to work and kissing the public's ass, and I just want to tell them to fuck off. I'm having one of those nobody loves me days. Fuck, I hate hormone days.

OregonRed
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by OregonRed » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:09 pm

I fucking love you Robbi. Had a hormone day last week. Feel your fucking pain.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

BAS

Post by BAS » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:01 pm

Fuck! Do guys have hormone days? :?

We like you, Robbidobbs! Hormone day or not! :)

If I still have this f---ing headache Tuesday, maybe I will stop by the doctors' office. I need to talk to 'em anyways....

B.
--Russell Kirsch

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:48 pm

Fuck...I think .....Im sick. shit!

Woke up feelin wierd, puked up my coffee...felt a lil' better.

Ate some soup...puked that up. havent puked all day since, but had the energy of a salted slug.watched dumb day time tv.

Now I have a fucking headache, chills and dry sinus cavity. fuck.

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

flu season

Post by Oldguy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:26 pm

sounds like its time for me to get a flu shot, michaelmas time. drink lots of fluids,stay warm, hugs for bugs...

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

flu bug

Post by Oldguy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:30 pm

oh fuck. I forgot to say fuck, must be the flu.

nogganoodle
Camp Name: Booby Bar, UK Envoy

Post by nogganoodle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:38 am

Well, I just lost my fucking dream job.

My brother was Head Chef, they said they had had too many fucking complaints about his food and his attitude, so they fucking sacked the entire kitchen staff.

Guess I best get job hunting again

FUCK
You don't need a license to drive a sandwich

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:40 am

Fuck... Time for a step up!

Just remember... you were lookin' for a job when you found that one. There's more out there.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:48 am

Ya can always apply to the new fucking chef. (Hmm... Head Chef... Exec. Chef... Fucking Chef... that's cool!) Been thru the whole kitchen turnover thing a couple times, always reapplied, auditioned, and got the job. Once I even got a 2 step promotion outta the fucking deal.

Other than that - use your experience you got and apply around. Just be careful working for relatives. And don't fucking give in - LeChat is right.

nogganoodle

Post by nogganoodle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:00 am

You are both full of good fucking advice as usual!

I didnt want to work with my brother in the first place as I know what a fucker he can be, but the money was good and it was a job.

I've been wanting to get out of cheffing for ages now. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:17 am

Ya can always do like I did...

Got outta the fucking food biz, went to work for a fucko neighbor's truck shop, took classes and learned how to turn a fucking wrench, became a fucking diesel mechanic, quit that when it was going the fuck under (idiot fuck businessman) , worked for a real fucking idjit at a motorcycle shop (nice guy but lousy fucking businessman and worse mechanic, mosta my work was fixing his), but took that experience and got a job as a fucking civil servant... wherein I will be able to, in all of 4 years, FUCKING RETIRE!!!

(Woo fuckin hoo!!)

bb

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:23 am

At least they didn't do like certain telecom companies stateside love to do and that's let you go right before fucking giftmas.

I lost my last job 1 week before Burning Man. Since then I've ended up putting my house (that I didn't really like anyway) on the market, I got my former boss slammed with an EEOC complaint (that she deserved and the EEOC felt the same), packed most of my stuff and put it in storage, then loaded up a backpack, laptop, and duffel bag and followed my girlfriend to Minneapolis. Fast forward to now, I'm a much happier person, I'm getting time to retool and rebuild my skillsets and I won't have to work at another fucking helpdesk again. I've also kept a long standing promise to myself to find a way to get the fuck out of KC...it took years but it's finally done. Also in January we're taking possession of a small work ranch way out in Nebraska, and she doesn't want me working in corporate America until a couple of BM projects she wants to do are completed. Let's put it this way..I'm pretty damn lucky right now...and it all started rolling because I lost a job that was one of the most miserable, mind numbing jobs I'd ever held.

My point is this could be a huge opportunity for you. And from someone that's going through something similar to your situation, I hope everything works out for you.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:03 am

Yeah FUCK! FOOD N BEVERAGE!

It will steal your life! I now have 27 yrs of food n bev under my belt, and I have the oppurtunity to do something else,and not have to work 50-65 hrs a week to make ends meet, and there is second income in the home.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, all the NON-FnB jobs Im applying for, ask the same question, "why are you applying for this job when your a FnB person"?! And of course Im not getting a call back either...so its kinda like having a "FnB" tattoo'd across your forehead!

As soon as I can kick this SNOT outa my head and not pass "sicky"
Im guess Ill go try to find a day time fucking Bartending yob!

yes....I'm FUCKING DOOMED!

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:04 am

Good fuckin luck, Noggy and PineMom. I've been canned more than once, sometimes from nasty jobs I was too dumb to quit. Opportunity.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

BAS

Post by BAS » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:33 pm

:shock: Great! I get a fucking offer, and Noggy loses her job?! Now I feel fucking guilty! :?

Good luck to both of you, Noggy and Pinemom! A custodian job isn't really my dream job (although, to be honest, I have no idea what my fucking dream job would be! :? ) From what I have heard, food service jobs can be some of the nastiest around. There has got to be better out there!

B.
--Russell Kirsch

ALICEtheGOON

Post by ALICEtheGOON » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:49 pm

FUCK> :(

I cant believe that nogga ........shit shit shit.

you didnt want to work with your brother anyway.

Youll be ok girl. hang in there.

U2 pinemom!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:02 pm

Okay, I'm being a fucking idiot, but what do we expect from Fights with Trains. In the states there are people who go to people's houses and cook like a week's worth of meals and the clients freeze and then reheat them. Maybe you'd like to own your own business, Nogga. At least you could do two weeks worth before going to the playa.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Okay, I'm being a fucking idiot
Like fuck you are. My ex-roommate is a culinary academy grad, and that's one of the things he offers.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

nogganoodle

Post by nogganoodle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:53 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Okay, I'm being a fucking idiot, but what do we expect from Fights with Trains. In the states there are people who go to people's houses and cook like a week's worth of meals and the clients freeze and then reheat them. Maybe you'd like to own your own business, Nogga. At least you could do two weeks worth before going to the playa.
I was actually talking to a fellow Burner in Reno on the Monday after the Burn about doing something like this. I have been mulling it around in my head since getting back. I shall mull some more.

I'm not actually that fucking bothered about the job. Its just the money was good, and it would have been nice to have been able to come to next years Burn without having to bang it all on my fucking credit card!

Onwards and upwards.

Oh, and congrats on the job BAS!

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:00 am

hehe fuck, I was actually thinking about going to the ICEBOX, a place that already has that in place, difference is the customers come and pick out thier frozen items on a menu and take it home with them.

pay aint fuckin' great, but round here, its better then what most people with a degree or two under thier belt make!

BAS

Post by BAS » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 am

Thanks!

That cooking and freezing meals idea might be a good one, if you like to cook. I don't know what sort of market there is for a service like that where you live (or even where I live-- I really don't care for cooking, so it would be a terrible idea for me! :wink: )

Oh, and before I forget: FUCK!

B.
--Russell Kirsch

Return to “Open Discussion”