the exodus peepee dance

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Discuss cleanup tips. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.
neccessity

the exodus peepee dance

Post by neccessity » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:37 pm

I'm already dreading it again this year. No matter what I do, no matter how little I drink, I can NOT make it back to civilization without the terrible need to defile some sacred Indian ground. Ideas?

In the car will be (barring any random virgin pickups like we had last year) just myself and my very understanding and patient husband. Still, I'd like him to be able to look me in the eye when we get back to the hotel.

A very nice funnel type thing that provides a GOOD seal would be okay except for the potential for odor in a rental car and the probability of a (previously) clear bottle rolling around at my feet for a couple of hours.

There's this little john thing that's at least opaque and water tight but I'd love an endorsement on it's actual ease of use for a female and whether it's worth the money.

Finally found some absorbant gel thingies but the adaptor seems a little wee (hah!) to the point where we'd have to risk a sand shoulder in order to get me upright anyway.

And finally - adult diapers. Yes, I'm to that point. 3 out of 3 exoduses... exodai... uh, trips back to Reno have seen me struggling painfully and I'd really like this to be the year I make (hah, again!) some progress.
Teh mother of invention

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:48 am

Sounds like you're on the right track. I'm damn glad you have ethics on the way back. Too many people don't.

5 gal bucket and shrink wrap. Industrial is best.

When you get home just dump it down the toilet or a manhole that has two holes in it. The ones that have more than two holes lead to the ocean and that is bad.
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

lonestoner916

Post by lonestoner916 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:30 am

There's going to be more Portables along the Exodus route this year!
[img]http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/Motha420Herb/stoner.gif[/img]
http://lonestonersblog.blogspot.com/

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:28 am

lonestoner916 wrote:There's going to be more Portables along the Exodus route this year!
Drive-bys?

Rusted Iron

recycling a composter

Post by Rusted Iron » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:05 pm

I’m considering using my countertop compost container as an emergency piss-pot. It has a charcoal filter in the lid and it seals pretty tight.

I think I’ll test it first, by putting water in it and drive around with it in the truck.

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:09 pm

lonestoner916 wrote:There's going to be more Portables along the Exodus route this year!

one of the HUGE miscalculations or the BM event coordinators over the years.
it's quite an easy fix. many leaving on sunday morning lower the need for as many potties in the city. at least 20 of which could be quickly relocated to the exodus road. DUH?

good to hear they are making logical progress on this.
blow.

Kinetik V
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:45 pm

thirt33n wrote:

one of the HUGE miscalculations or the BM event coordinators over the years.
it's quite an easy fix. many leaving on sunday morning lower the need for as many potties in the city. at least 20 of which could be quickly relocated to the exodus road. DUH?

good to hear they are making logical progress on this.
It took us 8 hours + to get from 2:30 and the outer ring road to I-80 when we left last year, and 5 hours of that was spent just trying to reach 447. On top of that you've been trying to stay hydrated and then you have to hold it for that long? It's not easily done.

Moving those porta-potties would go a long ways towards taking the heat / bitching away from the exodus experience which right now sucks the most serious ass of any aspect of the BM experience.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:05 pm

Why would your husband have problems looking you in the eye if you utilized a pee funnel in the car to relieve yourself while trapped in the exodus line?

I am thinking I would much rather my wife just whip it out and do her thing than listen to her incessantly carry on about needing to pee. And a couple of virgins in the back? Hearing someone pee in a bottle should not create or be much of an issue after everything else the experienced in the past week.

Just saying...
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.

Dustdevil
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Post by Dustdevil » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:26 pm

My wifes' bladder has less endurance than the fuel tanks in our plane. She uses the Little John and it has worked very well. We don't have the luxury to defile a sacred anything, except the cockpit. The one on the link is red, if that makes any difference.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.

Dustdevil

Post by Dustdevil » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:27 pm

thirt33n
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:08 pm

you used "sacred" and "cockpit" in the same sentence!!
excellent
blow.

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:32 pm

I'm actually more amused by the phrase "luxury to defile a sacred anything"

Good stuff, though. Glad to have gotten something going here.
Teh mother of invention

Dustdevil

Post by Dustdevil » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Glad to have gotten something going here.[/quote]

Was that supposed to be a pun? :)

neccessity

Post by neccessity » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:16 pm

yeah I just got tired of adding (HA!) after every little witty thing. But I do see the humor in that statement, yes.
Teh mother of invention

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:48 am

motskyroonmatick wrote:Sounds like you're on the right track. I'm damn glad you have ethics on the way back. Too many people don't.

5 gal bucket and shrink wrap. Industrial is best.

When you get home just dump it down the toilet or a manhole that has two holes in it. The ones that have more than two holes lead to the ocean and that is bad.
its urine - dump it on the lawn, in any drain, or wherever. Its not hazardous waste, and peeing in the ocean isnt going to make a difference anywhere.

or leave tuesday. and be in reno in 2 hours

JezebelinHell

Post by JezebelinHell » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 am

Seriously, leave Tuesday. It'll give you a day to help clean up too, and then you can feel a little better about all the debauchery you got yourself into over the previous seven days. Gotta balance out that karma.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe

Xtevan
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Xtevan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:57 pm

One of college drinking buddys had one of those clear hospital bed urinal containers with handle and lid, he used it as a beer mug. Besides squicking out most folks, it's main benefit was that it was never stolen or lost even when the cups that came with the kegs were long gone.

I would suggest a pee funnel that works for you and an empty gatorade bottle. I almost always keep a gatorade bottle handy in the tent for relief during the 'wee' hours/sand storms.

Xtevan

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:30 pm

Pick up a Pee-Funnel from Pee-Funnel Camp during the event, then you can pee in a gallon jug. You can wear a long skirt so you're covered, and do it while on Gate Road before you hit the pavement. Opaque-ish gallon jugs can be found. I use one all week long at my camp to avoid the midnight piddle-hike. Beyond that, your passengers probably saw more amusing things during the week than someone peeing into a bottle. My 2 cents.
I haven't heard anything about the number of potties that will be moved for Exodus, but I will look into it. Be prepared though for self-sufficiency.
I'll be in my blanket fort until further notice.

phil

Post by phil » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:54 pm

I would join in suggesting that you volunteer for Exodus and stay till Tuesday.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:32 pm

Here's what works fer me: I just take my heel and kick a little hole in the floorboard and piss through the cracks, dont even skip a beat. Since Im abatin' my own dust, I drive up to 10 mph

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:28 am

When you are forced to do a river crossing, rifle fire works excellently for drainholes in the floor.
Be sure to fire from the inside down and watch your fuel lines, of course.
Easier than bailing anyway.

Kinetik V
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 am

phil wrote:I would join in suggesting that you volunteer for Exodus and stay till Tuesday.
Sheesh by the time Tuesday rolls around some of us will have to be in New Jersey....staying as much as we'd love to is just not an option.

The pee funnel thing sounds interesting but in a small car...that could be kinda hard to do.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:51 am

Um, get over it? There are a few porto's on the exodus road. If you can't make it to one, then have something to pee into, and pee into it. If that idea is completely unbearable, then avoid the big exodus line altogether! Spend another day on the dust, and you'll find that Tuesday exodus takes 15 minutes and you can still grab an indian taco on the way out.

Trilo

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:15 am

I tried one of the exodus portos. Holy fuck. The piss and paper was up to the rim, you couldn't even hover. I was already there so I tried, mostly successfully, to piss in the urinal. I told the other gals outside to piss behind the porto on the playa. Nasty, nasty, nasty. And I have a high tolerance for nasty.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:51 am

You know, a guy might think this thread is about Exotic Peepee Dancing. Is there any of that on the playa? ;)

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 am

There is now.

Howie Johnson

Post by Howie Johnson » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:19 pm

A woman out in the middle of Africa was on the back of a truck and they hadn't seen even a bush to hide behind for hours. Finally in pain she called down for the driver to stop and jumped off the truck to pee. A guy took off his coat and threw it down to her, but it was a short coat, and she just looked at it. He said, it's not to cover you up. Put it around your head to avoid the embarrassment.

Seriously!, pee on the ground (not the playa). It's ok. Just DON'T leave any toilet paper there. Instead put it in a plastic bag, and tie it, and bring it home.

Leave no trace.
[url=http://www.HowardJohnson.name]My Eastern Sierra photos[/url] (Login as: [i]guest[/i], Enter password: [i]mountainhigh[/i])

Return to “Leave No Trace”