eny advice 1st timer

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
big_stump

eny advice 1st timer

Post by big_stump » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 pm

hey im tres and this is guna be my 1st time to burning man eny kind of advice would be help full :D

chiefdanfox

Post by chiefdanfox » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Dear Mr. Stump,
Welcome home, and welcome to eplaya. Read the survival guide; start now. You can easily under-prepare for this event, but you can also easily be prepared for this event. It is the single best source for advice regarding attending the Burning Man Festival. I would also suggest you peruse the tips and tricks section of this discussion board.

The folks here are a wealth of information, disinformation (if you are a humorless sort), bust yer chops and opinion. You also might want to say where you come from, and you might find some seasoned neighbors that can give you some advice, nuggets and salient direction.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:18 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

big_stump

Post by big_stump » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:21 am

im from eurika springs arkansas im 18 im going to bm for my 19th b day my plan is to hitch hike from reno to bm

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:11 pm

:lol:
don't forget to floss

djnormanj

Post by djnormanj » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Welcome! Try to hook up a ride here on the boards before you get to reno and save yourself the trouble.

There won't really be anyone going out that way from Reno other than burners, so you might as well plan ahead. Oh and yes, read first timers and survival guides.
~Norm

"I used to have a handle on life, then it broke!"

bx1

Post by bx1 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Don't forget your towel.
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

[url]http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872[/url]

[img]http://www.mixmovement.com/images/gotjungle.jpg[/img]

FilXeno
Burning Since: 1995

Post by FilXeno » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 pm

bx1 wrote:Don't forget your towel.
Always Bring a towel.

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:09 pm

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 pm

My advice: remember that this is a bbs, not a text messaging forum. Some of the old fogies (40s, 50s, 60s+) have very good information. You're at the edge of making no sense whatsoever to many people.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 pm

big_stump wrote:im from eurika springs arkansas im 18 im going to bm for my 19th b day my plan is to hitch hike from reno to bm
Hitchhike and carry enough water for a week?

bx1

Post by bx1 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:04 am

theCryptofishist wrote:My advice: remember that this is a bbs, not a text messaging forum. Some of the old fogies (40s, 50s, 60s+) have very good information. You're at the edge of making no sense whatsoever to many people.
I'm beginning to think you don't like me fish... Anyway, if you're talking about me and think not to bring a towel isn't sage advice, than silence me or kick me off. Yeah I joke around, but I happen to think it's great advice (the title of this thread is "eny advice 1st timer"). Didn't think I needed to get personal, but I've forgotten my towel and it sucks. So BA HUM BUG to you!
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 am

bx1 wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:My advice: remember that this is a bbs, not a text messaging forum. Some of the old fogies (40s, 50s, 60s+) have very good information. You're at the edge of making no sense whatsoever to many people.
I'm beginning to think you don't like me fish... Anyway, if you're talking about me and think not to bring a towel isn't sage advice, than silence me or kick me off. Yeah I joke around, but I happen to think it's great advice (the title of this thread is "eny advice 1st timer"). Didn't think I needed to get personal, but I've forgotten my towel and it sucks. So BA HUM BUG to you!
I don't think that Ms. Fishy is refering to you in any way shape or form. She is giving advice to a first timer here. Take it easy trigger! :roll:

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:13 am

I am sure the almighty fishness is directly responding to that first timer dat skng 4 sum advice, besed on his speeling skils.

Until someone posted a pic of South Park's towely, I was thinking of Douglas Adams.
A lot of here us are old like that.

why am I still awake ????
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Daddy-O

Post by Daddy-O » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

Can't we all just get along and eat some bacon and drink some PBR? Oh and snort a bit of playa dust! UMMMMM playa dust
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Old Fogey! Oh my Dog!! :? Fishy, say it isn't so, I haven't gotten my invite to join AARP.....yet :D

Oh, and bx dude, I'm sure Fishy wasn't talking bout you but the OP like the others said. Now, take 2 Ativan and text me in the morning :lol:

:P
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

bx1

Post by bx1 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:46 pm

I wasn't sure, that's why I said "if." Regardless, I apologize for any "brashness". I wouldn't actually get upset with anyone on here anyway.
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

PavementBlues
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by PavementBlues » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Stumpy - My first Burn two years ago was when I was nineteen as well. My first piece of advice: BRING CHAIRS. My second piece of advice: bring too much water. My third piece of advice: don't just hitchhike. Arrange something beforehand with a group, bring what you can fit from home, buy everything else in Reno, and then go. Burners are a friendly lot, and you should have no trouble finding someone to go with. There's always the BioBus, as well. Apparently they pick up Burners in Reno (I don't know much about it, but someone mentioned it in another thread). There website is here: http://biotour.org/

I could give advice for another ten pages, but I'll leave that for the veterans. It'll take another year or so before I really feel like a hoopy frood on the playa (that reference is looking at YOU, oneeye! Just because we're young doesn't mean we don't appreciate good literature :P).

Return to “The Greeter's Station”