Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:04 am

ygmir wrote:
jkisha wrote:I like the talk I am now hearing to the effect of "If the banks [and possible other businesses] are too big to be allowed to fail, maybe they should be broken up and regulations be put in place to not allow any business to grow so big that their demise could put our entire economy/country in jeopardy and require bailouts from the government".

Won't much help the current situation, but might prevent this type of thing from happening again in the future--along with limiting the types of instruments that can be traded too.

Makes sense to me.

JK
I don't see that any business, even now, would "crumble" our economy.........
Certainly, no more pain would be involved than the generations it'll take to pay off the "bailouts"........

I'd rather see what doesn't work, fail, and, new build from the ashes...........

Painful, but, swift and then move on. I think this will stretch the suffering out over generations.............
I'm watching Tim Geitner now on the Charlie Rose show. Though he looks like a little weasel, he's a pretty bright guy. Maybe the government will get paid back as is the plan. (I hope)

On a positive note I heard Citi bank showed a profit for the first 2 months of this year and the stock market closed up a few hundred points today. :)

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 am

jkisha wrote:I'm watching Tim Geitner now on the Charlie Rose show. Though he looks like a little weasel, he's a pretty bright guy. Maybe the government will get paid back as is the plan. (I hope)

On a positive note I heard Citi bank showed a profit for the first 2 months of this year and the stock market closed up a few hundred points today. :)

JK
i can't help it, JK ... if he was a republican who did not look like a weasel, you would insist that he was one ... !

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 am

jkisha wrote: I'm watching Tim Geitner now on the Charlie Rose show. Though he looks like a little weasel, he's a pretty bright guy.
It's not the UFC. This country needs nerds right about now.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:
jkisha wrote: I'm watching Tim Geitner now on the Charlie Rose show. Though he looks like a little weasel, he's a pretty bright guy.
You're right about that; but the country also needs a person that can inspire confidence too; and unfortunately Tim Geitner is not very inspirational. Fortunately, it apears that Obama has realized this and is now making joint appearances with him. So, we'll have Geitner with the plan and Obama to inspire confidence in the plan. Win/Win.

And I really like watching the UFC. Spike TV--for the man in all of us :)

JK
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 am

Open Letter to the Republican Traitors (From a Former Republican)

[youtube][/youtube]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-sch ... 72822.html

Dear Republican Leaders: The Republican Party has become the party dedicated to sabotaging the American future.
You Republicans are the arsonists who burned down our national home. You combined the failed ideologies of the Religious Right, so-called free market deregulation and the Neoconservative love of war to light a fire that has consumed America. Now you have the nerve to criticize the "architect" America just hired -- President Obama -- to rebuild from the ashes. You do nothing constructive, just try to hinder the one person willing and able to fix the mess you created.

I used to be one of you. As recently as 2000 I worked to get Senator McCain elected in that year's primary. (McCain and Gen. Tommy Franks wrote glowing endorsements regarding my book about military service, AWOL.). I have a file of handwritten thank you notes from Presidents Ford, Reagan, Bush I and II. In the 1970s and early 80s I hung out with Jack Kemp and bought into his "supply side" myth and even wrote a book he endorsed pushing his ideas.) There's more, but take it from me; my parents (evangelical leaders Francis and Edith Schaeffer) and I were about as tight with -- and useful to -- the Republican Party as anyone. We played a big part creating the Religious Right.

In the mid 1980s I left the Religious Right, after I realized just how very anti-American they are, (the theme I explore in my book Crazy For God). They wanted America to fail in order to prove they were right about America's "moral decline." Soon after McCain lost in 2000 I re-registered as an independent in disgust with W. Bush. But I still respected many Republicans. Not today.

How can anyone who loves our country support the Republicans now? Barry Goldwater, William F. Buckley and Ronald Reagan defined the modern conservatism that used to be what the Republican Party I belonged to was about. Today no actual conservative can be a Republican. Reagan would despise today's wholly negative Republican Party. And can you picture the gentlemanly and always polite Ronald Reagan, endorsing a radio hate-jock slob who crudely mocked a man with Parkinson's and who now says he wants an American president to fail?!

With people like Limbaugh as the loudmouth image of the Republican Party -- you need no enemies. But something far more serious has happened than an image problem: the Republican Party has become the party of obstruction at just the time when all Americans should be pulling together for the good of our country. Instead, Republicans are today's fifth column sabotaging American renewal.

President Obama has been in office barely 45 days and the Republican Party has the nerve to blame him for the economic and military cataclysm he inherited. I say economic and military cataclysm because without the needless war in Iraq you all backed we would not be in the economic mess we're in today. If that money had been spent here at home on renovating our infrastructure, taking us toward a green economy, putting our health-care system in order we'd be a very different situation.

As the father of a Marine who served in George W. Bush's misbegotten wars let me say this: if President Obama's strategy to repair our economy, infrastructure and healthcare fails that will put our troops at far greater risk because the world will become a far more dangerous place. So for all you flag-waving Republicans who are trying to undermine the President at home -- if you succeed more of our troops will be killed abroad.

When your new leader Rush Limbaugh calls for President Obama to fail he's calling for more flag-draped coffins. Limbaugh is the new "Hanoi Jane."

For the party that created our crises of misbegotten war, mismanaged economy, the lack of regulation of our banking industry, handing our country to rich crooks... to obstruct the one person who is trying to repair the damage is obscene.

Just imagine where America would be today if the 14 to 20 million voters -- "the rube base" who slavishly follow the likes of Limbaugh -- had not voted as a block year after year thus empowering the Republican fiasco. We would have a regulated banking industry and would have avoided our current financial crisis; some 4000 of our killed military men and women would be alive; over to 35,000 wounded Americans would be whole; we would have been leaders in the environmental movement; we would be in the middle of a green technology boom fueling a huge expansion of our economy and stopping our dependence on foreign oil, and our health-care system would be reformed.

After Obama was elected, you Republican leaders had a unique last chance to send a patriotic message of unity to the world -- and to all Americans. You could have backed our president's economic recovery plan. Since we all know that half of our problem is one of lost confidence and perception, nothing would have done more to calm the markets and project resolve and confidence than if you had been big enough to take Obama's offered hand and had work with him -- even if you disagreed ideologically. You had the chance to put our country first. You utterly failed to rise to the occasion.

The worsening economic situation is your fault and your fault alone. The Republicans created this mess through 8 years of backing the worst president in our history and now, because you put partisan ideology ahead of the good of our country, you have blown your last chance to redeem yourselves. You deserve the banishment to the political wilderness that awaits all traitors.

Frank Schaeffer is the author of CRAZY FOR GOD-How I Grew Up As One Of The Elect, Helped Found The Religious Right, And Lived To Take All (Or Almost All) Of It Back Now in paperback.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 am

jkisha wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:
You're right about that; but the country also needs a person that can inspire confidence too; and unfortunately Tim Geitner is not very inspirational. Fortunately, it apears that Obama has realized this and is now making joint appearances with him. So, we'll have Geitner with the plan and Obama to inspire confidence in the plan. Win/Win.

And I really like watching the UFC. Spike TV--for the man in all of us :)

JK
So Tony Robbins or Royce Gracie at the head of our economy? Your choice.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:16 am

[youtube][/youtube]

What more can be said!

:shock:
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:07 am

Home Decorating With the Obamas

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/55679/

* By Erica Orden
* Published Mar 29, 2009

At a time when people are having trouble holding on to their houses, Barack and Michelle Obama have sensibly decided not to use taxpayers’ money to renovate theirs. New presidents are allotted $100,000 to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office, and the Obamas hired Hollywood decorator Michael S. Smith (known, per his site, for mixing “Old World classicism with very contemporary settingsâ€

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Yeah

HaVE FUN.

1 OPEN A NEW FILE IN YOUR C0MPUTER
2 NAME IT BARACK OBAMA
3 SEND IT TO THE RECYCLE BIN
4 EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN
5 YOUR PC WILL ASK YOU DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GET RID OF BARACK OBAMA
6 FIRMLY CLICK YES
7 FEEL BETTER?

GOOD! TOMORROW WE WILL DO NANCY PELOSI
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 pm

if you want to "do" Nancy Pelosi, you're on your own,..........I don't even want to watch............

yikes........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:06 pm

I'll make it a "quickie" at 2400 fps. :lol:
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 pm

perfect........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 am

Why Did You Want To Go To War? (funny)

http://www.veryfunnyads.com/ads/26276.html

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Rush Limbaugh criticizes Obama for using force if necessary to save Captain Richard Philips and for shooting the three pirates holding him. This guy still’s doing oxys- maybe mainlining it.

Governor Perry of Tex-ass (the white wing extremist) call for the state to succeed from the United States- this guy is 2 IQ points smarter then GWB. Great then we can sell it back to Mexico since it was only stolen from Mexico only to foster the expansion of slave-worked cotton plantations of rich southerners. Lets see, maybe we can get a couple of Kilo’s of pot, coke and meth sounds fair for a couple racist cops.

AIIZ

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:21 pm

It's amazing that we can blow up millions of innocent Iraqis and Afghanis without batting an eye . But, shoot a few real pirates and we have to apologize and justify ad nauseum.

"Payments in ransom and tribute to the Barbary states amounted to 20% of United States government annual expenditures in 1800.[23]"
"from the 16th to 19th century, pirates captured an estimated 800,000 to 1.25 million Europeans as slaves,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates
The penalty for piracy was established a long time ago,,,, Death
It's true that the Somalis do have legitimate complaints. Will the US use piracy as an excuse to build a base in Somalis? They have oil
:lol:

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 pm

can't sit still wrote:It's amazing that we can blow up millions of innocent Iraqis and Afghanis without batting an eye . But, shoot a few real pirates and we have to apologize and justify ad nauseum.
Well, we haven't blown up -millions- of innocent Iraqis and Afghanis, but, yeah. That argument is weird. Virtually every military type I've spoken with has been supportive of Obama's call, but, the right wing can't let it rest without making sure there's not rhetoric to exploit.

And then along comes Al Sharpton. What a card-carrying alpha-idiot dickwad. What a total douche:

"The so-called pirates--they call themselves 'Voluntary Coast Guard' in Somalia, which may be more apt..."
"
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Love him or loathe him, he nailed this one right on the head..........
By Rush Limbaugh:
I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by
because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of
this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're
going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
$250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.?
If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action,
the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get
$833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a
screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining
that it's not enough.Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have
started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families
are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the
embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where e this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to
nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an
E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who
placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:58 pm

can't sit still wrote:Love him or loathe him, he nailed this one right on the head..........
By Rush Limbaugh:
I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by
because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of
this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're
going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
$250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.?
If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action,
the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get
$833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a
screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining
that it's not enough.Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have
started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families
are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the
embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where e this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to
nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an
E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who
placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.
Who are the 9/11 survivors collecting from?

AIIZ

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 pm

can't sit still wrote: If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.
I'll have to rifle through some old papers to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's what my grandmother received...in 1945, after her husband was killed over Germany. However much it was, she was able to buy an 800sqft house with it and a yard to put it on. So, about $100K.

(Which, by the way, I bought from her and live in. It was WWII-era junior officer's family quarters in Cascade Locks that was disassembled and relocated here. So, my entire house is recycled but I don't think $6000 would get you that in a decent neighborhood now.)

My grandfather died from Hepatitis C he contracted from a VA blood transfusion in 1948. Now, tens of thousands of young veterans have been exposed all over again. 60 years later, they still haven't fixed the problem.

My cousin is 23, has a high school education and two tours as a Marine and leaves for Iraq tomorrow on a $200,000/yr glorified technical support contract. They hired him in December but it took the government so long to process the paperwork that he's been drawing stateside salary--$70Ks--sitting at home playing Call of Duty, clobbering people at airsoft tournaments and staring at his new assault rifle collection. He can't wait to get on the plane, though.

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

geekster

Post by geekster » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Hmm, maybe there finally IS a political party for me.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

geekster

Post by geekster » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:29 am

It's time for REAL change. I don't care what party people are with. There is a primary system. Use it. Enough with these people being in Congress for 40 years. You don't have to change parties, just vote for someone else in your party's primary elections. Now if your party refuses to run a contender for the office, feel free to vote for "anyone but incumbent".

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 am

Sometimes these posts for 'real change' and complaints about congress not able to get anything done just make me smile--especially now that our camp and village are stargint to have their planning meetings for 2009.

There are only between 6 to 10 people on the planning team for our camp and our hope this year, keeping with the theme, is to evolve our camp into something entirely new and a lot smaller.

At any rate, it is interesting just standing back and watching the meetings. Each of the 10 people all have their own ideas as to the direction of the camp, theme, etc. and we've already had three telephone meetings and still no concensus. Planning for the village is even worse. Our village has about 6 theme camps all at least 100 plus people; so at those meetings, each camp sends representatives with their demands for space, placement, etc. The main organizers have been doing this for several years. It is lots of work, they know the ins and outs of dealing with bmorg, they are good with people, and frankly they work their asses off--something that most people don't want to do. (most people just want to come to the meetings and bitch about not getting enough space, not being placed next to who they want to, etc.), And yet, things still get done in the end.

Now if you try to extrapolate this out to the government, you have 300 million people that have opinions and elect their officials--100 senators and however many congressmen. I don't see where it is much different except that the pressure from 300 million people has got to be 300 millions times greater, and trying to get concensus between 100 different senators has to be a lot harder, then getting concensus between 435 cocngressmen has got to be harder yet, then getting concensus betwen congress and the senate in such a way that whatever they agree on will also then be signed off by the president...and do all this while getting thousands of letters from demanding constituants, lobbyists, etc. AND ultimately please the majority of voters...well...I think this administration is doing great, considering the process and the odds.

Oh, and did I mention the economy?

JK
JK

geekster

Post by geekster » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:50 pm

"keeping with the theme"

That right there pegs you as a sheep. Fuck "the theme" make your own "theme". Mock the "theme". Anyone who needs to be "in theme" is pretty much not getting it.

in other words, use "the theme" as your vehicle to evolve beyond it.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 am

geekster wrote:"keeping with the theme"

That right there pegs you as a sheep. Fuck "the theme" make your own "theme". Mock the "theme". Anyone who needs to be "in theme" is pretty much not getting it.

in other words, use "the theme" as your vehicle to evolve beyond it.
you missed the point

JK
JK

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:59 am

Congressional leaders chose not to censure Michele Bachmann after she called Democrats unpatriotic before last year's election. But you and I know she has no business in Congress, and I hope you'll join me in making sure Bachmann loses -- and loses big -- in November 2010.

I'm working with friends to create a political action committee that will create and run ads targeting Michele Bachmann and other politicians who question the patriotism of people like you and me.

This is going to be a big undertaking that will have a significant impact on the races we target. Your energy, commitment, and creativity are absolutely critical to our success.

Here's the first thing you can do to help: We need your ideas for our PAC's name.

Can you help? We need a name that shows we are dedicated to a better America, one where our elected representatives stand up for what's right.

Click here to submit your ideas for our PAC's name.

Since getting back to Congress, Bachmann hasn't moderated her views or stopped her insulting rhetoric against Democrats. Just this week she actually implied the swine flu was somehow the fault of a Democratic president. (No, really.)

So we're going to make sure that on Election Night in 2010, we're celebrating her defeat. It's going to take a lot of hard work over the next 18 months, but it will definitely be worth it.

Thanks for your help,
Jesse Berney
Censure Bachmann Campaign

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:18 pm

According to a recent Pew Research poll, as reported by CNN: "The more often Americans go to church, the more likely they are to support the torture of suspected terrorists."

White evangelical protestants were the most likely to support this view.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/30/religi ... index.html

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:05 pm

dr.placebo wrote:According to a recent Pew Research poll, as reported by CNN: "The more often Americans go to church, the more likely they are to support the torture of suspected terrorists."

No doubt, that's why they love walking around with jesus hanging from the cross and from their necks!

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:26 pm

dr.placebo wrote:According to a recent Pew Research poll, as reported by CNN: "The more often Americans go to church, the more likely they are to support the torture of suspected terrorists."

And they are also the ones that are against abortion and for the death penalty too.

JK
JK

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:32 pm

jkisha wrote:

And they are also the ones that are against abortion and for the death penalty too.

JK
oh all those dirty bastards.............

how can they not "see the truth"?...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:Congressional leaders chose not to censure Michele Bachmann after she called Democrats unpatriotic before last year's election. But you and I know she has no business in Congress, and I hope you'll join me in making sure Bachmann loses -- and loses big -- in November 2010.

I'm working with friends to create a political action committee that will create and run ads targeting Michele Bachmann and other politicians who question the patriotism of people like you and me.

This is going to be a big undertaking that will have a significant impact on the races we target. Your energy, commitment, and creativity are absolutely critical to our success.

Here's the first thing you can do to help: We need your ideas for our PAC's name.

Can you help? We need a name that shows we are dedicated to a better America, one where our elected representatives stand up for what's right.

Click here to submit your ideas for our PAC's name.

Since getting back to Congress, Bachmann hasn't moderated her views or stopped her insulting rhetoric against Democrats. Just this week she actually implied the swine flu was somehow the fault of a Democratic president. (No, really.)

So we're going to make sure that on Election Night in 2010, we're celebrating her defeat. It's going to take a lot of hard work over the next 18 months, but it will definitely be worth it.

Thanks for your help,
Jesse Berney
Censure Bachmann Campaign
"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."
Michele Bachmann

What a piece of work this bitch is. Not to mention stupid. It was a republican--Jerry Ford

[youtube][/youtube]

JK
JK

Return to “Open Discussion”