Playa Condition?

Pryde

Playa Condition?

Post by Pryde » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I am new to this forum and looked around for info on the 2009 playa condition but did not see anything. Many (most) of us struggled through the sand on bikes last year. It seems the playa gets more and more broken and soft each year. Do we have a report yet about the expected conditions this year? Of course I will be there in any case, but maybe with a more according setup if I know what to expect.

Kind Regards,
Rich Hughes

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Howdy Pryde.

Looke here http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=28022

And don't shake JK's hand when he says hey there
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Pryde

Perfect.

Post by Pryde » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:43 pm

So it sounds like there has been some decent rain. I hope by a month before we can get a solid idea of the condition. Many of us would all like to know if we can easily ride bikes or not. It SUCKS to push your bike through the dirt... even more to push a tricycle... three wheels and all. When riding a tricycle, only one wheel is engaged by the peddling and thus its even harder to move forward than a standard bike. It weighed on my groove last year. It was the first time I decided not to check something out if it was too far away... like THE END.

Many Thanks!
Rich

Otisserie

Here's the stats

Post by Otisserie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:30 am

Here's the results from a weather station in Gerlach.
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... span=month

It appears the playa has received 1.3 inches of rain in June. That's a pretty good amount. Hope the playa is dry for the 4th of July.
I don't experiment with drugs anymore; I already know which ones I like.

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:15 am

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weathe ... n=USNV0033
This is a great weather site with a 10 day forecast. I have used this for years to help me know what clothes to pack for the week. Last year, I packed mostly dusty clothes! :shock:

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:48 am

saw a weather map image showing lots of water on the playa a few days ago at friends of black rock desert website.

Also heard OED is going to take his flaming penis to the desert this weekend to bake and glaze the surface. Sorta like creme brulee glazing.

Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 am

That's right !!!

I just loaded all 7 propane tanks into the MV yesterday

Here I come to save the day !!!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:21 am

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE are gonna have some kinda fun! Oh yeah!

How's that tuffy noze E.D.?
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:18 am

Today's playa condition: FLAT
Tomorrrow's foreecast: FLAT

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Flat.... with a side of FREE PLATFORMS!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Playa Tom

Post by Playa Tom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:50 pm

The Friends of the Black Rock website says the playa conditions are 'very wet.' There are still som rain showers in the area, the radar on the Weather Channel showed a decent one over Black Rock City this afternoon. Things are looking good.

Pryde

Hard!!!

Post by Pryde » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:25 pm

I am interested in dry, flat, HARD playa. I was told that as long as enough rain fell to POOL that the pooling action, when dried, would create a crust that was hard and would diminish sand dunes and breakage. Have we seen any pooling on the playa?

Thanks.

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:00 pm

This thread should be moved.

The best answers you are gonna get are already being discussed in the thread I linked to above.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Perfect.

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Pryde wrote:It SUCKS to push your bike through the dirt... even more to push a tricycle... three wheels and all. When riding a tricycle, only one wheel is engaged by the peddling and thus its even harder to move forward than a standard bike. It weighed on my groove last year. It was the first time I decided not to check something out if it was too far away... like THE END.
Hey, if anyone wants to beat up tthis whiner, Rich, on my behalf, I'll be very grateful. Even more hold him down while I have my way with him, meaning run over him six or eight times screaming his words back at him until he eats them.

Fishy mad.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Good point Fishy.

And here is was getting irritated because he didn't look in the right area and just posted his own playa conditions thread over here where it doesn't belong.

I never have liked anyone named Richard who didn't go by the natural and accepted nickname of Dick anyhow.

Just wait till I meet you on playa Richard.

I am going to crush your groove, weight on it a little more, then crush it again, and then I am going to make you feel inferior by pointing out how small your testicles are compared to mine, and then I am gonna laugh at you for only having two of them in the first place.

And then I am gonna hold you down and let Fishy do what she said.

You are lucky you are not Canadian...it would get even worse .

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:27 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Pryde wrote:It SUCKS to push your bike through the dirt... even more to push a tricycle... three wheels and all. When riding a tricycle, only one wheel is engaged by the peddling and thus its even harder to move forward than a standard bike. It weighed on my groove last year. It was the first time I decided not to check something out if it was too far away... like THE END.
Hey, if anyone wants to beat up tthis whiner, Rich, on my behalf, I'll be very grateful. Even more hold him down while I have my way with him, meaning run over him six or eight times screaming his words back at him until he eats them.

Fishy mad.
Might be a good time to put chains or studs on ur wheels, and work on ur burn-outs on him, that oughta groove him up nicely :twisted:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Sail Man wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:

Fishy mad.
Might be a good time to put chains or studs on ur wheels, and work on ur burn-outs on him, that oughta groove him up nicely :twisted:
that ought to de-rail his train, eh fishy....
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:38 pm

EspressoDude wrote:
Sail Man wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote: Hey, if anyone wants to beat up tthis whiner, Rich, on my behalf, I'll be very grateful. Even more hold him down while I have my way with him, meaning run over him six or eight times screaming his words back at him until he eats them.

Fishy mad.
that ought to de-rail his train, eh fishy....
Be very very careful with that ESD.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:39 pm

I am never going to question the size of your balls ED.

also, I am not gonna get close enough to investigate for a third, for fear of getting glitter in my eye.

Return to “2009 Theme Camps”