European style trance! British Soundsystem!

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.
TogaFlex

European style trance! British Soundsystem!

Postby TogaFlex » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:42 am

Hi all,

Greetings from London - BM newb here - My name is Chris, and I am, amongst other things, a trance DJ. I used to run my own club night here in the UK and am coming to BM in the Summer on a 40 seater tourbus, with a load of my UK mates and we are intending to build a soundsystem. Think big tunes, big spaces, lamps, flags, fires, a sofa, lasers and lots of cushions, as well as a fully-stocked bar, with, it is intended, our own beer on tap. (!)

In short, we are planning on having a top time and we cannot wait for you guys to come and see us, and have a top time with us as well.

I'll be bringing my tunes with me obviously, but I'd love to come play a guest slot at someone else's soundsystem!

Likewise, we'll be inviting guest DJs and performers to come and chuck down at ours.

So - does anyone have an interest in giving me a couple of hours on their decks as a guest?

I play melodic, immersing, non-cheesy trance such as that propagated by guys like Markus Schultz, Thomas Datt, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Orjan, John Askew, Dogzilla and Ferry Corsten.

You can find a link to some of our mixes online:

http://www.djschrism-don1.com/ - check out "Free" and "Peak" - top trance!

You'll see some house mixes on there too - not mine but my mate Don's, who is coming as well!

August cannot come soon enough!

COME ON!!!! :D
--- Hidden from eyes until we realise what we are seeing, and learn to appreciate the gifts we are given - - -

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:04 am

Hey TogaFlex,

Welcome to eplaya! Sounds like a great concept. Sorry I can't help; but I'll bump up the thread for you.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

xenarchi

Postby xenarchi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:59 am

Played both tracks today sitting here doing some work. Very little work actually.

I liked them both and will keep an ear open for you in 09.

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Postby ibdave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:13 pm

2009 is the year of smooth jazz... No thump thump tunes allowed. Sorry, read the fine print.

read the fine print 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

gyre

Postby gyre » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:19 am

Bring the bus.
Very few djs come every year with the trend to acoustic.

Lisa_M_Davies

Postby Lisa_M_Davies » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:13 am

Hey Mr New (London) Burner
There is a few of us going to the burn from Bournemouth (UK) I think we are going to show the Americans some UK hardcore... and join our friends at Bacon Without Borders. It will be great to join up with you, and/or help with youir project if there is anything we can do down south :)

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Lisa :-D

Medium

Postby Medium » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Love to join you guys for a guest spot sometime. We're bringing some equipment but no sound. We have some new music coming out in a couple weeks too.

Take a listen www.medium-music.com

Cheers...

Medium
Dance like no one is watching...
www.medium-music.com

asin

Postby asin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Puhlease bring it on. I often found a surprising lack of trance my last few visits to the playa. I love Bassnectar as much as the next person (maybe more!) but I would really love to hear some great trance once in a while. I think this is more a reflection of the fading trance culture in North America.

I often thought this was kind of sad because the playa is nothing if not epic and emotional. I say go for it.

garcialovesme

Postby garcialovesme » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Nice one mate. I'll have my hands in the air If I pass by!

Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”