Guns, Love Em or Leave Em

All things outside of Burning Man.
gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 am

Following a rash of strangulation deaths, authorities promised a crackdown on anyone carrying hands.

"There is no reason for anyone to use hands; certainly, opposable thumbs are a grave threat to public safety and will no longer be tolerated" said police authorities, who warned that there would be no more warnings, but instead, a stern "talking to" would be dealt to violators.

"It is necessary to pass reasonable laws to deal with hand to hand violence," Mary Clap of of the Society for the Prevention of Angry Naughty Killings (SPANK). "Only those with evil intent will keep fully functional hands on hand. The inability to use current technology, which can be easily modified to adapt to stubs or at least the lack of thumbs, is a small price to pay for the children."

Critics, however, noted that such a ban was only a stopgap measure, and noted that what was really needed was attention paid to the underlying cause of hand violence: the arts, which encourages applause; pattycake, and most egregious, martial arts movies.

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2008/ ... o_crac.php
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2009/ ... knives-ban
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 586978.stm
http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/ ... n/pageID/5
http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/ ... n/pageID/6

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:27 am

gyre wrote:You called the police?
Why?
Does your attorney want to appe
al?

Good quuestion... the rifle discharged a second time as I put it down. Hit the wall. I was concerned that someone on the other side of that wall may have been hit. It hit about 2 inches from the corner, and went through enough of my burning man gear to slow it down and cause the bullet to tumble. But. Regardless, I thought it was only right, to call them about an accident, before they came up with a better story.

probation report recommended 90 days...deal with DA was 60. If they don't stick to deal I can change my plea from no contest. 3 years without beer is cruel and unusual punishment!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:27 am

I had forgotten the ending to that skit.
Maybe monty python is responsible for the gun ban in UK?

[youtube][/youtube]

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:09 am

Now that I've lost interest in firearms, for the time being, are airsoft rifles considered weapons? They are a hell of a lot of fun....so I would say yes, but for the probation dept.?

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 am

The range that does training here has never heard of anyone being charged for an accidental discharge.

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:16 pm

gyre wrote:The range that does training here has never heard of anyone being charged for an accidental discharge.
I've never heard of that either. But it was an ak type. They're not too keen on those here. Was even charged with possesion of an illegal assault weapon, till I provided the letter from the DOJ.

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Mister Satan

Post by Mister Satan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 pm

gyre wrote:Following a rash of strangulation deaths, authorities promised a crackdown on anyone carrying hands.
Hands should defiantly be banned! A hand ban would also cause a significant reduction in DWI fatalities, chronic masturbation, and the reading of banned books.

I believe that the hand ban is going to be endorsed by the Northern California Coalition Against Hard Work.
If you are not freaked out by nudity please check out my gallery on deviant ART
http://art-terrorist.deviantart.com/

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Mister Satan wrote:
gyre wrote:Following a rash of strangulation deaths, authorities promised a crackdown on anyone carrying hands.
Hands should defiantly be banned! A hand ban would also cause a significant reduction in DWI fatalities, chronic masturbation, and the reading of banned books.

I believe that the hand ban is going to be endorsed by the Northern California Coalition Against Hard Work.
brilliant:
it would also cut down on the finger pointing........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:45 pm

gyre wrote:Image

a new meaning to the phrase, "be careful what you grab onto".....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

magicmarty
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Hushville - Althing

Post by magicmarty » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Not to mention nose picking.

And you thought I wasn't paying attention
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Marty:
you're tearing up the boards, you posting dynamo you.................

yeah, the nose picking thing would be really hard on 007.......IMHO...........hahahaa
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 pm

cowboyangel wrote: a new meaning to the phrase, "be careful what you grab onto".....
Of note, the holster is a type covering the trigger and the bracket is rigidly attached to the floor.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Anyone on here have one of these?

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:25 pm

I just listened to the 911 tape of this.
The resident was on the phone with 911 when the police came in, shot him once and after he collapsed, shot him five more times.
The police investigation of the police has cleared the police of wrongdoing.

http://www.kpho.com/news/17503008/detail.html

Police Accidentally Shoot Homeowner
Sept 18, 2008

PHOENIX -- A homeowner involved in a confrontation with a burglar was mistakenly shot by police responding to a call at an east Phoenix home Wednesday night.

The 35-year-old homeowner came out of a room into a hallway carrying a gun as police ordered everyone out of the house at 3126 E. Flower, Sgt. Tommy Thompson said. Officers, seeing an individual with a gun, fired numerous rounds, striking him multiple times, he said.

The man's wounds do not appear to be life-threatening, according to Thompson.

Also injured was the 37-year-old burglary suspect, who had been held at gunpoint by the shooting victim. The suspect had injuries on his leg and ankle.

The incident began about 8 p.m. when police received a call of "shots fired" in the area of 2900 E. Mulberry. A short time later, they received a call of a burglary at a home, at 3121 E. Mulberry. Police said the suspect had gone to that house and told the residents he had been shot, but the residents fled and called police when the suspect and a woman with him began acting strangely.

Meanwhile, the suspect himself called police before going to the house on Flower, where he broke the front window and climbed inside. The male resident of the house got a gun and confronted the suspect. A female resident and two children fled.

Police in the neighborhood heard the sound of breaking glass and a woman screaming, "He has a gun," police said. Three officers moved into the home, yelling commands for everyone to come out. That was when they saw the armed homeowner and shot him.

No officers were hurt.

Thompson said the officer involved in the shooting, who has been on the force more than six years, will be placed on administrative leave while the incident is investigated. He said it has not been determined what charges the suspect will face.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:27 pm

yeah, that's clear as mud..............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:37 pm

What part?

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:26 pm

I've got a story too. A Mexican friend of mine came up here from Durango, Mexico when he was 17. He had no opportunity in Durango. He's worked here all his life and taken care of his parents in Mexico. Over the last several years, he built a hacienda in the old home town so that he could retire there. It's a nice place with an apple orchard.

Once the kidnapping started to get bad about 2 years ago, his family told him NOT to come at Christmas,,, even though he always brought them gifts. Various strangers have stopped by and asked his mother when he was coming down.
Like most of Mexico, dis-organized crime has taken over. The police are terrified. Recently, the crime bosses declared a 6 PM to 6 AM curfew. They show up at any gathering and take a victim and tell the next of kin to come up with the ransom. Generally, they just kill the victim.
3 guys in a pickup with rifles show up at your place and take you away.
A week ago, the crime bosses openly posted a list in the town square of people that they wanted to "talk" to. Tommy's name is on the list. If he doesn't show up, they may just kidnap his mother.
A Salvadorian friend just had to spirit his mother out of Salvador and up to Guatemala where nobody knows her.
Let the idea sink in of just what it means to be a dis-armed populace.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:44 pm

and that's when the phrase "long range" enters my mind....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Looks like you'll have to show ID and get fingerprinted in CA when you buy Ammo now.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:47 am

ygmir wrote:yeah, that's clear as mud..............
On the 911 tape you can hear the police saying "I fucked up. I shot the owner."
He was still on the phone with 911 when he was shot.

When the guy broke in with a gun, the resident got his gun and had the burglar on the floor when the police arrived.

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 am

jkisha wrote:Looks like you'll have to show ID and get fingerprinted in CA when you buy Ammo now.

JK
Seriously stupid.
Add ammunition to the things they want to create a black market for.
How has that worked so far?

A friend of mine's brother lived in mexico because of the lower cost and he was robbed and injured by the mexican police on the highway once.
He apparently drove a great distance with a head injury.
He doesn't really remember any of that part.
They had a hard time reaching someone in the states after figuring out who he was.
He nearly died.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:36 am

gyre wrote:
jkisha wrote:Looks like you'll have to show ID and get fingerprinted in CA when you buy Ammo now.

JK
Seriously stupid.
Add ammunition to the things they want to create a black market for.
How has that worked so far?

A friend of mine's brother lived in mexico because of the lower cost and he was robbed and injured by the mexican police on the highway once.
He apparently drove a great distance with a head injury.
He doesn't really remember any of that part.
They had a hard time reaching someone in the states after figuring out who he was.
He nearly died.
Jeeze, no wonder no one wants to live there...........it's dangerous.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:48 am

Many of the people around here have no intention of staying.
They can work here a few years and retire as rich men in their villages, especially at $25 an hour here.

But it can be dangerous there.

Just released statistics here-
1 in 6 chance per year of being a victim of a major crime here and that is based on official reports, very under reported (80% in my experience).

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Just buy your ammo now, and when the restrictions start just drive to Reno and pick up a years supply...a glass mayo jar filled with gas and a flare make a nice incendiary device :twisted:
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:59 am

Noli vereri gladium, tamen verere quem habet gladium

Do not fear the sword, but the one who wields it.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:29 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

JK
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:39 pm

I bet the NAALCP loves that one............

you may not want to open any packages from Al Sharpton............

I'd wonder the point, though?

that guns/ammo are responsible for destruction, as opposed to those that wield them?

that, no one will hurt others if you take guns away?

that no one will use a gun in a crime if they have to give their thumb print to buy ammo?

that, if illegal, guns won't be used by criminals? (oops, felons already can't own guns. dang, I wonder why they use them in crimes, then?)

etc

etc

etc
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:45 pm

I have no clue the point. When I saw it on FB you couldn't see the title and I was getting into all the pretty effects of the bullet, then the *black* kid pops up and then you see another bullet...and then the message. It was really disconcerting. Posting it from youtube sort of spoils the impact of the ad by conjuring up all sorts of pre-conceptions based on a person's position on gun/bullet control issues.

I wish there would have been a way to post this up without the title showing. I'd bet the responses would be much different than I think they will be now.

JK
JK

Mister Satan

Post by Mister Satan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 pm

When I dial 911 I tell the dispatcher that I am armed and include brief description of myself.
If you are not freaked out by nudity please check out my gallery on deviant ART
http://art-terrorist.deviantart.com/

Return to “Open Discussion”