top douche bags fucktards at BM 2010

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:20 am

from the recent darkwads thread;
yellowpants wrote:How hard is this to understand? When you aren't lit, you are a danger not only to yourself but also to other people. It is your RESPONSIBILITY to be visible by others. Doesn't mean you have to look like a sparkle pony. Just wear some blinkies FFS.
pushing buttons in yellow pants?

:) :?
blow.

yellowpants

Post by yellowpants » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:33 am

Da mule's post seemed to be obvious sarcasm and parody of this whole debate, so I decided to jump in in the same tone. Buttons will be pushed, minds will be healed.

EmilyD
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Post by EmilyD » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:12 am

yellowpants wrote:Da mule's post seemed to be obvious sarcasm and parody of this whole debate, so I decided to jump in in the same tone. Buttons will be pushed, minds will be healed.
YAWN! Spare us your mind games dude.
You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!

thirt33n

Post by thirt33n » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:19 am

Yellowpants

i wasn't lucky enough to be out on the playa this year....so...you are now MY top Fucktard.

congrats.

:P

true
blow.

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 am

I don't bother turning my headlights on when I drive at night. I can see fine, with the street lamps and stores and shit, and so others can see me, too.

yellowpants

Post by yellowpants » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:48 pm

thirt33n wrote:Yellowpants

i wasn't lucky enough to be out on the playa this year....so...you are now MY top Fucktard.

congrats.

:P

true
Sweet, I like that. :) Hope you make it next year.

But seriously, Da Mule's topic is an obvious bait to people who are a bit too involved in this debate. I took it partly as a parody of my posts, and decided to play along. Or maybe my sarcasm detector is broken

thirt33n

Post by thirt33n » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:51 pm

^
ok, maybe not FUCKtard.......FARKTARD

:)
blow.

yellowpants

Post by yellowpants » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm

thirt33n wrote:^

That's a good one.

This whole thing makes me think I'm gonna create some kind of darktard event next year. Maybe a parade or something. With some rites of initiation where lights are removed. Darkwads unite!

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm

My glowstick doubles as a cloaking device.

Invizibul shirtcocking!!!
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm

<-------- Fraktard.

Da Mule

Post by Da Mule » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 pm

yellowpants wrote:
That's a good one.

This whole thing makes me think I'm gonna create some kind of darktard event next year. Maybe a parade or something. With some rites of initiation where lights are removed. Darkwads unite!
Ooh, ooh, I like that. That would be fun. Count me in.

â€

yellowpants

Post by yellowpants » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Da Mule wrote:
yellowpants wrote:
That's a good one.

Ooh, ooh, I like that. That would be fun. Count me in.

â€

swampdog
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Post by swampdog » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 pm

yellowpants wrote:

That's a good one.

Oooh! Oooh! Let's invite DPW! They can bring their cars and shut off the lights! Sort of like a demolition derby, but with pedestrians! I LIKES it.

yellowpants

Post by yellowpants » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:53 pm

swampdog wrote:
yellowpants wrote:

That's a good one.

Oooh! Oooh! Let's invite DPW! They can bring their cars and shut off the lights! Sort of like a demolition derby, but with pedestrians! I LIKES it.
DPW is obviously invited. They can also supervise the distribution of glowsticks to the darkwad nation.

ConnieH

Post by ConnieH » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:39 pm

yellowpants wrote:

That's a good one.

I like it.

While I don't specifically condone darkwadism for the average person, and certainly not for the drugged up frat-boys and girls, or drugged or drunk in general, or in areas close to large sound camps...but...we walked the playa at night totally dark many times, and I guarantee you MV drivers and bike riders, I can HEAR you coming way before I even see you. You won't see me because I'll be well out of your way before you even notice I'm there. But, we travel away from the pack, in the more quiet areas. And we do have headlights should we need them, but I prefer not to blind people who are coming at me. Not all darkwads are dangerous to others, not all others are dangerous to darkwads. Just sayin...

Theres Always One

Re: yup that was the asshole

Post by Theres Always One » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:47 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:
I hope you had a safe and awesome burn. Mine was dangerous as fuck and I'm still giggling.
Do you have any tips on how I can have a more dangerous burn next year? :)

K-mom

Re: yup that was the asshole

Post by K-mom » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Theres Always One wrote:
ZaphodBurner wrote:
I hope you had a safe and awesome burn. Mine was dangerous as fuck and I'm still giggling.
Do you have any tips on how I can have a more dangerous burn next year? :)
First thing you should do upon arrival next year is visit the Bad Advice Booth. They'll make sure you're taken care of!
This year they advised me to go corporate and distribute explosive devices to small children. Good people.
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.

Da Mule

Post by Da Mule » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 am

Yeah, I love Bad Advice camp.

They told me "be yourself."

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:48 am

They taught me how to cook meth!
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:18 am

First thing you should do upon arrival next year is visit the Bad Advice Booth. They'll make sure you're taken care of!
This year they advised me to go corporate and distribute explosive devices to small children. Good people.
Yeah, I love Bad Advice camp.

They told me "be yourself."
:lol:

As a busy freak, I stopped at Bad Advice camp mid-bike-ride for some Bad Advice To-Go. I asked "What should I do on burn night?" And they said "Best to get a lot of sleep. Better yet, take off early."

zonkism

Post by zonkism » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 am

This year I was showing some friends around the temple on I think it was Monday or Tuesday night and there was a beligerent drunk woman talking shit to her friends and pissing right in the middle of the temple's inner sanctuary. I could not believe this. Her friends just kind of turned tehir heads and ignored the whole thing. I was pretty livid. I mean seriously... you are just gonna squat and piss right there? This person beats out the fucktard that stole my laptop.

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 1986

Post by junglesmacks » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:30 pm

WOW. I have no words right now.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:44 pm

jpgs?

EmilyD
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Post by EmilyD » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 pm

zonkism wrote:This year I was showing some friends around the temple on I think it was Monday or Tuesday night and there was a beligerent drunk woman talking shit to her friends and pissing right in the middle of the temple's inner sanctuary. I could not believe this. Her friends just kind of turned tehir heads and ignored the whole thing. I was pretty livid. I mean seriously... you are just gonna squat and piss right there? This person beats out the fucktard that stole my laptop.
Indeed, WOW!

You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!

phrenzy

Hey, "The Situation"!

Post by phrenzy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Who was that group, I think they were on the corner of 6 and something. I remember they were just sitting at their camp not just with a bull-horn but a full on PA system talking shit about everybody and their costumes as they rode by.

The one that cracked me up is that some super ripped guido looking guy who was all perfectly clean and groomed walked by and the chick sitting on the chair with the microphone was all "Hey, 'The Situation' ... HEY THE SITUATION!!.. Get over here and get some dirt on you, you look like a douche!".

She proceeded to order him to roll around in the dirt (which he did) and he just looked even more ridiculous with this perfectly shaped playa powder on one side of his body. He also broke his sun glasses when trying to please this girl.

I think those people were being douches at that camp, but that moment was pretty amusing.

In fairness, I think that the people at that camp were just kind doing it in good humor and fun.

phrenzy

Post by phrenzy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Oh, and who was that beotch who was stomping around with her frat friends screaming some name out over and over again, continuously followed by her frat-douche friends going "whoop whoop!!" DURING the temple burn.

Irreverence is fine, but jesus - how fucking lame and attention seeking do you have to be to shit on what must be a very intense moment for a lot of people there.

Also, douches in the MVs refusing to turn off their music during the temple burn. Jesus. Can we have *some* enforcement of 'rules' during that one time of BM?

Rilopie
Burning Since: 2008

Post by Rilopie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:14 pm

phrenzy wrote:
Also, douches in the MVs refusing to turn off their music during the temple burn. Jesus. Can we have *some* enforcement of 'rules' during that one time of BM?
2 years ago we happened to be watching the man burn next to this horrible mv that had "here comes your man" by the pixies on repeat...which is fine, but they were not playing the whole song, just "here comes your man....here comes your man....here comes your man...." over and over.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Rilopie wrote:
phrenzy wrote:
2 years ago we happened to be watching the man burn next to this horrible mv that had "here comes your man" by the pixies on repeat...which is fine, but they were not playing the whole song, just "here comes your man....here comes your man....here comes your man...." over and over.

Suggest all carry a megaphone.. The feed back scream is deadly.. Meg holder wear your ear plugs.. Same for over the shit house limit sound stages..

Miles

Post by Miles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Im going to just start slamming my bike into darktards next year. No more last minute swerves to avoid these tossers.

whoops.

also, yellowpants your bicycle helmet "logic"...um...really?

"I dont wear a seatbelt when I drive because when I buckle up I drive way faster."

ok. how about OTHER PEOPLE? You do realize no matter how conservatively you ride a bike, you could still be hit by a car, right?

You do realize that no matter how aware you think you are on the playa, other people might not be aware of you, right?

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Miles wrote:Im going to just start slamming my bike into darktards next year. No more last minute swerves to avoid these tossers.

whoops.
Not a good idea.. Might make you fall.. That hurts.. BTDT

jst looking out for ya.

Return to “Stories”