what's your current opinion on RVs?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 16778
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

dont say i didn't warn you.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Z9cx1MG8w&feature=related[/youtube]
"the same thing we do every year, pinky"

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

punapeter
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 pm
Location: Lemuria

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 pm

don't forget the tide has been out for a million years...
and HOME is the planet....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 16778
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 pm

and what the fuck does that have to do with RV's you shriveled nut sack?
"the same thing we do every year, pinky"

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

User avatar
knowmad
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB
Location: Puget Sound

Postby knowmad » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 pm

you slapdicks have written 4 pages of shite, in 24hrs, not a fuckin word of it about Rv's.

I liked it better before Eric got plunked. Simons doign ok, but really peterpuffe,, yer choking.
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri

punapeter
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 pm
Location: Lemuria

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:57 pm

knowmad wrote:you slapdicks have written 4 pages of shite, in 24hrs, not a fuckin word of it about Rv's.

I liked it better before Eric got plunked. Simons doign ok, but really peterpuffe,, yer choking.


not a fuckin word about RV's, well

either you can't read

are on drugs

just want to toss your rabbit shit on the wall to see if it sticks

or are just full a bunnypuffeturds

nice wig you make it

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Posts: 8903
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly
Contact:

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:59 pm

knowmad wrote:I liked it better before Eric got plunked. Simons doign ok, but really peterpuffe,, yer choking.


Thank you, but I didn't get plonked. A person can plonk me, but there's no way to plonk a person from a thread.

I plonked puny, so I'm having a lovely peaceful evening now, eating chocolates and watching Simon beat-down the invisible man. It gets vaguely surreal only seeing one side, but the other side hadn't said anything worthy of the match before they were plonked, so its all good.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

User avatar
neon tetra
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Postby neon tetra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 pm




Home is a great video.

I just finished watching all of the Planet Earth episodes; watching Life next. (definitely with Attenborough, not Oprah)

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 16778
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 pm

yeah, attenborough is cool with it....
"the same thing we do every year, pinky"

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

User avatar
knowmad
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB
Location: Puget Sound

Postby knowmad » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:19 pm

punapeter wrote:
knowmad wrote:you slapdicks have written 4 pages of shite, in 24hrs, not a fuckin word of it about Rv's.

I liked it better before Eric got plunked. Simons doign ok, but really peterpuffe,, yer choking.


not a fuckin word about RV's, well

either you can't read

are on drugs

just want to toss your rabbit shit on the wall to see if it sticks

or are just full a bunnypuffeturds

nice wig you make it


Just to fill you in on what you are missing Eric, It's not much.

And No Peedee, The wig was a gift from your daughter, She say's I do it better than you.

oh that, and you're a doodoohead.
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri

punapeter
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 pm
Location: Lemuria

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 pm

knowmad wrote:
punapeter wrote:
knowmad wrote:you slapdicks have written 4 pages of shite, in 24hrs, not a fuckin word of it about Rv's.

I liked it better before Eric got plunked. Simons doign ok, but really peterpuffe,, yer choking.


not a fuckin word about RV's, well

either you can't read

are on drugs

just want to toss your rabbit shit on the wall to see if it sticks

or are just full a bunnypuffeturds

nice wig you make it


Just to fill you in on what you are missing Eric, It's not much.

And No Peedee, The wig was a gift from your daughter, She say's I do it better than you.

oh that, and you're a doodoohead.


doodoo head? biologist? that explains why society is going down the toilet..

Well it's on backwards and your talkin out your "Doodoohead " hole.
And you must have your daughter in mind, whom you stole it from, I don't have a daughter. Knowmadee

what's with you children and your childish name calling? you get that from your kids when you steal their wigs?

now we iggy you cause you iggynorant... :lol:

bluesbob
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV
Location: Fullerton, CA.

Postby bluesbob » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:41 pm

I was given a canopy. I set it up and took a look one day. The lightbulb lit up and I ran down to the store and got spray paint. I decorated the canopy.

I had done a preliminary set-up of my camp in the front yard. But I knew driving up I would make changes. Once we got there and began our set-up, everything just clicked. The tent, the canopy, the shade structure I built....everything just fell into place. Happy, I took a pic.

Then the winds and the rains came. We had to make some adjustments. Nothing bad had happened, but it exposed some weak points. Once done, I again took a pic happy with myself.

That was the best camp I have ever had in my life. And I've camped all over the southwest and Sierra Nevada and north. Comfortable, cozy, no rain, no wind problems again. I really liked it and will set it up next year with a few additions.

Or I can just get a fuckin' RV and do nothing on my own but drive.

User avatar
knowmad
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB
Location: Puget Sound

Postby knowmad » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Now I also don't See wee peter.
But I know he can see this....

Image
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri

punapeter
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 pm
Location: Lemuria

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:58 pm

bluesbob wrote:I was given a canopy. I set it up and took a look one day. The lightbulb lit up and I ran down to the store and got spray paint. I decorated the canopy.

I had done a preliminary set-up of my camp in the front yard. But I knew driving up I would make changes. Once we got there and began our set-up, everything just clicked. The tent, the canopy, the shade structure I built....everything just fell into place. Happy, I took a pic.

Then the winds and the rains came. We had to make some adjustments. Nothing bad had happened, but it exposed some weak points. Once done, I again took a pic happy with myself.

That was the best camp I have ever had in my life. And I've camped all over. Comfortable, cozy, no rain, no wind problems again. I really liked it and will set it up next year with a few additions.

Or I can just get a fuckin' RV and do nothing on my own but drive.


Does that mean you've never had an RV? Because there is a little more than just driving. Unless the only thing you put in your car is gas.
seriously, put up a canopy, (the pop up kind?) and a tarp and a shade structure. Nah I ain't gonna say what I was gonna. Nice camp.

but best camp in your life?
all over " the southwest and Sierra Nevada and north"
cool, no Yellowstone?, Eldorado Canyon?, Louisiana swamps?
no?, Volcanoes Ntl. Parks?, Kilimanjaro?, Basalt?, Los Padres Ntl. Forest? how about holo holo camping in Hawaii?, no?, Ibiza?, Tulum? hmm just the Cascades. Pacific Crest Trail?

just a fuckin RV, lol 30 years ago I'd be sayin the same thing.

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Posts: 8903
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly
Contact:

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 am

bluesbob wrote:Or I can just get a fuckin' RV and do nothing on my own but drive.


Oh, I don't drive. Haven't had a license in 20 years, just because I don't want one.

So I don't build anything or drive. But I sleep in air-conditioning and use the 'fridge & microwave.

I am such a useless asshat.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

User avatar
oneeyeddick
Posts: 5590
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Location: Probably in your pants

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 am

This thread has me reconsidering getting cable again.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

User avatar
teardropper
Posts: 1215
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.
Location: Oregon

Postby teardropper » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:13 am

Yeah, this is about the most serious waste of bandwidth...

Next topic.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
Posts: 18501
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:23 am
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art
Location: Wild, Wild West

Postby AntiM » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:52 am

Eric wrote:
bluesbob wrote:Or I can just get a fuckin' RV and do nothing on my own but drive.


Oh, I don't drive. Haven't had a license in 20 years, just because I don't want one.

So I don't build anything or drive. But I sleep in air-conditioning and use the 'fridge & microwave.

I am such a useless asshat.


We must be related. I don't drive, although it has a lot to do with my ability to hit things I'm not supposed to hit.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 16778
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Run!

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:22 am

SHIT STORM!


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dAZ1-nF3VI[/youtube]
"the same thing we do every year, pinky"

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40294
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:25 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:Secondly, it is because of peter, and his hatred and Jealousy of jesus's shorty, Mary Mag, that the modern day version of catholicism is so GAAAAAAAAAAAY and anti-feminine.

I always blamed it on Paul. Or Saul. Opportunist. Splitter!
(Whoops, sorry, channel life of brian again.)

Simon of the Playa wrote:you've been warned Pops, take another shot at crypto and i will hand your wrinkly ass to you on a paper plate.

While I thank you for your spirited defence...I decided he was a troll and to stop feeding him via plonk.

((((SoP))))
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

bluesbob
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV
Location: Fullerton, CA.

Postby bluesbob » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 am

punapeter wrote:
bluesbob wrote:I was given a canopy. I set it up and took a look one day. The lightbulb lit up and I ran down to the store and got spray paint. I decorated the canopy.

I had done a preliminary set-up of my camp in the front yard. But I knew driving up I would make changes. Once we got there and began our set-up, everything just clicked. The tent, the canopy, the shade structure I built....everything just fell into place. Happy, I took a pic.

Then the winds and the rains came. We had to make some adjustments. Nothing bad had happened, but it exposed some weak points. Once done, I again took a pic happy with myself.

That was the best camp I have ever had in my life. And I've camped all over. Comfortable, cozy, no rain, no wind problems again. I really liked it and will set it up next year with a few additions.

Or I can just get a fuckin' RV and do nothing on my own but drive.


Does that mean you've never had an RV? Because there is a little more than just driving. Unless the only thing you put in your car is gas.
seriously, put up a canopy, (the pop up kind?) and a tarp and a shade structure. Nah I ain't gonna say what I was gonna. Nice camp.

but best camp in your life?
all over " the southwest and Sierra Nevada and north"
cool, no Yellowstone?, Eldorado Canyon?, Louisiana swamps?
no?, Volcanoes Ntl. Parks?, Kilimanjaro?, Basalt?, Los Padres Ntl. Forest? how about holo holo camping in Hawaii?, no?, Ibiza?, Tulum? hmm just the Cascades. Pacific Crest Trail?

just a fuckin RV, lol 30 years ago I'd be sayin the same thing.


I spent a July 4th with friends at a place called Peter Pande Lake. We stretched out along a log facing the Silver Divide. A thunderstorm was raging on the eastern side. On the western side the sun was setting, and alpine glow danced across the face of the divide. I couldn't have paid enough money for that show. If we had been in a RV we would still be trying to get there. They asked for my opinion and they got it.


Return to “Philosophical Center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests