Newb MOOP question

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
JStep
Burning Since: 2011

Post by JStep » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Boijoy wrote:
Or perhaps JK, some people ( like me ) DON'T WANT OTHER PEOPLES POO ON THEIR HANDS!!!! just sayin' :wink:
Then don't play with your poo. :P Mummifying your hands in paper towels and TP doesn't do anything, except waste paper. just saying' :wink: :D
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:07 pm

mudpuppy000 wrote:
Trishntek wrote:I took ygmir's advice to heart and found it works like a hot damn!

When you visit the JOTS for a #2, take sufficient 1-ply ass wipe for the job and a zip lock bag with 3 baby wipes. The first baby wipe is for the door handles and seat upon entering. The second is for your ass and dangly bits after you do your duty. The third is to wipe the seat and door handles (not in that order) upon exiting. Put all three in the zip lock and trash it.

We always left it better than we found it and were refreshed on the bottom!
I kept a can of lysol in my pack to spray down anything I wanted to clean, then used TP, so no need for baby wipes. Never tried it on my junk though... That might hurt. I bet you could find some sort of multi purpose cleaner/sanitizer and avoid baby wipes all together.
yup. I make a pump spray bottle of strong lysol, and carry single ply with me.
I think, as much as for germs, I do it as a "gift", of sorts, for those after me.
I don't mess the JOTS, but, it's so nice, when I leave, I will tell the person waiting, I just cleaned the seat and handle with lysol, and how they smile and say "thank you",..... most of the time.
and, it sort of freshens the air in there, as well.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

JStep

Post by JStep » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:47 pm

ygmir wrote:
mudpuppy000 wrote:
Trishntek wrote:I took ygmir's advice to heart and found it works like a hot damn!

When you visit the JOTS for a #2, take sufficient 1-ply ass wipe for the job and a zip lock bag with 3 baby wipes. The first baby wipe is for the door handles and seat upon entering. The second is for your ass and dangly bits after you do your duty. The third is to wipe the seat and door handles (not in that order) upon exiting. Put all three in the zip lock and trash it.

We always left it better than we found it and were refreshed on the bottom!
I kept a can of lysol in my pack to spray down anything I wanted to clean, then used TP, so no need for baby wipes. Never tried it on my junk though... That might hurt. I bet you could find some sort of multi purpose cleaner/sanitizer and avoid baby wipes all together.
yup. I make a pump spray bottle of strong lysol, and carry single ply with me.
I think, as much as for germs, I do it as a "gift", of sorts, for those after me.
I don't mess the JOTS, but, it's so nice, when I leave, I will tell the person waiting, I just cleaned the seat and handle with lysol, and how they smile and say "thank you",..... most of the time.
and, it sort of freshens the air in there, as well.
Much Respect! Doing this out of a spirit of giving and improving is awesome. While our preoccupation with germs is something I find to be bourgeoisie TV fueled paranoia, turning around and cleaning up for the next guy, reassuring him, serving him... that's awesome. Love it!
~JStep

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Interesting about how frantic and obsessive we can be about germs as individuals, but when it comes to things like keeping up the infrastructures that maintain public health, we all cheap out.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:21 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Interesting about how frantic and obsessive we can be about germs as individuals, but when it comes to things like keeping up the infrastructures that maintain public health, we all cheap out.
please elucidate...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Interesting about how frantic and obsessive we can be about germs as individuals, but when it comes to things like keeping up the infrastructures that maintain public health, we all cheap out.
*sigh* I don't want this to degenerate into yet another political discussion, but it is very difficult to get the money to repair aging sewers.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:26 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
ygmir wrote:
*sigh* I don't want this to degenerate into yet another political discussion, but it is very difficult to get the money to repair aging sewers.
ah.........no degeneration is necessary, Fishy......but, when you make such a cryptic hhhmmm......the name, the name........
reference, it does engender wonderment, as to your reference and meaning.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:49 am

Fire_Moose wrote:Don't be silly JK, they don't make jeans for germs!
In my college Microbiology class, the culture I took off a pair of my jeans was by far the worst, and when my Professor looked at it under the microscope, immediately disposed of the tray and told me not to do that again...the culture from my dorm room shower and bathroom sink counter were almost not worth doing (nothing there).

we touch our clothes many times each day, and there is just enough heat and moisture and skin particles for food...
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:09 am

DJ: I like your signature quote.

Jk
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

delle

Post by delle » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me. But while I was reading all of this, Ken started gafawing at his own computer, and I had to waltz over for a read. I'm about to sully this thread with something seemingly unrelated, but seriously (here comes my lame attempt at justifying), I thought this was funnier than shit!!!

(apologies again, especially for those of you who actually read Craig's list, and know this by heart)

Subject:* Best Craig's list ad ever (real)

*Terrible band needed for sham of a wedding. 11/6. No pay (any takers?)*

As the musician in our family, my Shylock of a half-brother and his parsimonious fiance have passed off to me the job of finding a band for their wedding. I love the kid, but his unique brand of expectant coercion and astonishingly consistent lack of judgment have left me with no recourse but to literally give him what he wants, a band that can "tear up Skynyrd, and won't cost nothin'". Since they think music is spontaneously generated via voodoo magic by assemblies of self-promoting philanthropists, I am now on a quest to find the best working band in Chicago interested in "doing it for the exposure".

If you are a serious musician that values your craft and earns a living from performance, you're probably thinking "Fuck you. Do you ask your accountant to do your taxes for the exposure?". You are not who I am looking for. Thanks for looking. If however, you and your unemployable band of pothead hobbyists are enticed by the prospect of a free open bar stocked with the finest of suburban banquet hall well-liquor and an opportunity to run a train on the most whorish collection of self-entitled bridesmaids this side of a Sex In The City marathon, please contact me. There's probably dinner in it for you too, if the starched vagina of a "wedding planner" (bride's bff) can get her 3rd rung caterer to leave a few sandwiches in a storage closet for you at some point in the evening.

What I need from the band:
I don't care if you are an original Icelandic thrash-raga act featuring steam calliope and backwards Armageddon poetry, but I need you to be able to train wreck your way through a few requests.

Don't Stop Believing. You provide the high notes, we'll provide the smell of wine and cheap perfume.

Free Bird. Go nuts with the solo. Really. If this evening was a never-ending cascade of sonic punishment hailing down on Tom at blaringly inconsiderate volumes, it would only serve as apropos karmic revenge for the afternoons I've spent listening to Jillian chatter about OHMYGODIDON'TCAREWHAT.

Macarena/Electric Slide/Chicken Dance. It doesn't matter which one you play, but there has never been a classy party where one these songs has made an appearance. This will not be a classy party.

Do Not Play: Jessie's Girl. I used to play weddings, and if I have to hear this song one more time, I'm going to fucking cut someone.

They said they don't have any preference's for attire, so I'll take that to mean you're ok in a threadbare Megadeth shirt and black jeans.

I will provide the PA (the band and sound system are my wedding present to them).
This is not a joke. Please shoot me an email if this sounds like something you might be interested in.
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Honestly the JOTS (which were USS this year) are by far much cleaner than most festivals I go to. One festival this year, on several occasions the brown pyramid crested the seat by several inches and when you pissed in the urinal it ran out of the tank onto your feet. NASTY!

And as for germs, I don't think a anti-septic lifestyle is the way to go.

How about we go with: unknown strangers poo on your hand is completely wrong...
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Snow wrote:Honestly the JOTS (which were USS this year) are by far much cleaner than most festivals I go to.
USS bought out JotS a couple of years ago.

I vote we continue saying "jots" so that it becomes one of those inexplicable slivers of hte culture like the playa chicken. I think the hey day of the playa chicken must have been the 90s.
The Lady with a Lamprey

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:28 pm

plus Johnny on the Spot was such a better name than United Site Services (BORING!!!!). I am also a fan of the pacific northwest's "Honey Bucket"

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:30 pm

I thought "Honey Bucket" started with the G.I.'s in Korea.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:31 pm

I don't know the origin, but like the name the company uses!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:36 pm

ygmir wrote:I thought "Honey Bucket" started with the G.I.'s in Korea.
I think that dates back to the days of chamber pots.
The Lady with a Lamprey

JStep

Post by JStep » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:45 pm

What a chitty attitude...
~JStep

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”