greetings to all in the scene

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
TheGemini

greetings to all in the scene

Post by TheGemini » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:55 pm

i am TheGemini. Next year will be my first BM. I have friends here in Chi who have been commited to going for quite some years. I look forward to conversing with people who have like minded ideology and hopefully i will learn a thing or two about a thing or two :wink:

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:37 am

Welcome Gemini!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

JStep
Burning Since: 2011

Post by JStep » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:56 am

Hi!
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: greetings to all in the scene

Post by ygmir » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:12 am

TheGemini wrote:i am TheGemini. Next year will be my first BM. I have friends here in Chi who have been commited to going for quite some years. I look forward to conversing with people who have like minded ideology and hopefully i will learn a thing or two about a thing or two :wink:
Welcome!!!

I'm

I'm sure, many here, are obsessed with early space exploration.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

velocirafter
Burning Since: 2007

Post by velocirafter » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:16 am

Hey hey Hey!!!
Catch the beats, embrace them and let them go!! )*(

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:29 am

ygmir wrote:
TheGemini wrote:i am TheGemini. Next year will be my first BM. I have friends here in Chi who have been commited to going for quite some years. I look forward to conversing with people who have like minded ideology and hopefully i will learn a thing or two about a thing or two :wink:
Welcome!!!

I'm

I'm sure, many here, are obsessed with early space exploration.
Your power finally get turned on?
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:37 am

yeah, Tom, in fact, the power was on when I got home, even with the tree on the lines, on the ground.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Post by dragonpilot » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:48 am

TomServo wrote:Your power finally get turned on?
We here in the Great North West were slammed! Lots of damage, power outages...our neighborhood was only down for 20 hours, but others are still down. Burner friend's Puget Sound beachfront home had the foundation undermined and nearly slid into the Sound...house has been condemned, but the Burner community showed up on a moment's notice, saved most of their possessions and got them to food and shelter. Lots ahead dealing with insurance and having their life hugely disrupted.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Welcome TheGemini...

Happy Thanksgiving!

There are many scenes, I'm sure you'll find your place in BRC

Chicago is a big city, there must be a good regional announce list...I'd do that if you haven't already.
It sure is helpful if you have regional burners in your area to guide you along...there's much info here too.

Surivial guide, preparation and so much more...those are important basics (main BM web page)
How to do a shower! That's fairly simple and something I know I will always do, it makes for a more comfortable experience.

I hope this brings your welcome thread back on track....
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:46 am

Hi, and welcome!

SilverOrange

Post by SilverOrange » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:22 am

Welcome to the eplaya Gemini! Make sure you keep an eye on http://www.lakesoffire.org/ for our Great Lakes Regional that will be the last week(end) of June. Just a couple hour drive from Chicago, and a good way to get your feet wet in the local burner community. There is also a Chicago burners site on Ning.com.

SilverOrange

Post by SilverOrange » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:08 am

SilverOrange wrote:Welcome to the eplaya Gemini! Make sure you keep an eye on http://www.lakesoffire.org/ for our Great Lakes Regional that will be the last week(end) of June. Just a couple hour drive from Chicago, and a good way to get your feet wet in the local burner community. There is also a Chicago burners site on Ning.com.
Alright the LOF website is currently down for maintenance, but really, check it out...um...later.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:22 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm

dragonpilot wrote:
TomServo wrote:Your power finally get turned on?
We here in the Great North West were slammed! Lots of damage, power outages...our neighborhood was only down for 20 hours, but others are still down. Burner friend's Puget Sound beachfront home had the foundation undermined and nearly slid into the Sound...house has been condemned, but the Burner community showed up on a moment's notice, saved most of their possessions and got them to food and shelter. Lots ahead dealing with insurance and having their life hugely disrupted.

I heard about that couple dragonpilot. It never ceases to amaze me how the burner community stepped up and pitched in! And here in Spokane we've been getting lots of snow! Yaaaay! :D Time to wax up the snow board.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”