Looking to renew our vows

User avatar
panduhmama
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp
Location: Auburn, CA

Looking to renew our vows

Postby panduhmama » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Me and my husband are looking for a camp/person who can marry us out on the playa. We have been married since 2008 and we are wanting to renew our vows. We had originally wanted to get married out at burning man but our families lets just say we're not to happy about that. If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Thanks and happy burning!

User avatar
mudpuppy000
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:54 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Looking to renew our vows

Postby mudpuppy000 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:08 pm

panduhmama wrote:Me and my husband are looking for a camp/person who can marry us out on the playa. We have been married since 2008 and we are wanting to renew our vows. We had originally wanted to get married out at burning man but our families lets just say we're not to happy about that. If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Thanks and happy burning!


I've seen quite a few weddings out at the temple at sunset. I'm not sure who was officiating though.

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Posts: 8989
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly
Contact:

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:11 pm

You don't need a legal officiant to renew vows- you are already legally married. Have someone you care for do it- it will have more meaning than just some random person that way.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

User avatar
panduhmama
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp
Location: Auburn, CA

Postby panduhmama » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 pm

[quote="Eric"]You don't need a legal officiant to renew vows- you are already legally married. Have someone you care for do it- it will have more meaning than just some random person that way.[/quote]



I only have about 4 friends going for sure this year and my sister who missed our first wedding, so I kinda wanted someone else to do the ceremony. But that is something to look into.

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Posts: 8989
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly
Contact:

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Since you only have a few friends coming, another option would be to wait until you get to the playa & see who you bond with.

There are always new friends, and the perfect person could be a complete stranger with the right "magic".

Also- go to your profile and "enable BBCode". That will make your quotes show up properly. One of the little tricks you have to be told around here.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

User avatar
TomServo
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:17 pm
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Contact the Sun Dial Project. I think it would be a great platform to renew your vows!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

User avatar
panduhmama
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp
Location: Auburn, CA

Postby panduhmama » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:06 am

Eric wrote:Since you only have a few friends coming, another option would be to wait until you get to the playa & see who you bond with.

There are always new friends, and the perfect person could be a complete stranger with the right "magic".

Also- go to your profile and "enable BBCode". That will make your quotes show up properly. One of the little tricks you have to be told around here.




wooohoo it worked! thanks!

And very true, we could meet someone out there that would be perfect for that.

User avatar
panduhmama
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp
Location: Auburn, CA

Postby panduhmama » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 am

TomServo wrote:Contact the Sun Dial Project. I think it would be a great platform to renew your vows!



Awesome! I emailed them to see :)

Leo
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 9:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby Leo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 pm

On the Saturday afternoon of the burn last year I was hanging out at the Party Naked Tiki Bar on the Esplanade when a small group wandered in. I found myself being in the audience of a naked wedding at Party Naked. The bride, groom, officiant, and guests were all naked. No costume? No problem.
I'm not saying that you should say your vows at Party Naked, but it is an option that you might not consider in the default world.
Best Regards,
Leo


Return to “2011 Art & Performance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests