Re: One Item for BM a Day

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:06 am

AWESOME!
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:32 am

$46 thats errr (click click whirrrrrrrrrrr smoke) about £30. you clearly dont understand skinflint. £5 is cheap £10 they had better be a killer pair of shoes. more than that they better come with a free blowjob. i shall bite the bullet and buy see lee brand fake converse for £11 and see if the assistant prepared to show me the store cupboard
I speak fluent skinflint, but you'll notice I didn't say they were cheap, just what the prices were and that Converse One-Stars were cheaper than All-Stars. :lol:

I see no problem with knock-offs or similar models provided they're not actual fakes. Converse used to be more reasonable and utilitarian until they realized people have a deep and abiding love for them and jacked the prices up by $10 or $15 in a very short period of time, which is a lot when you're dealing with shoes that are still generally under $50. They have a right to do that, but I feel a little used. :P

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:37 am

I love my Converse all stars!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:41 am

I am so there with you guys. No one can take my chucks.
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 am

I've had my shoe reality so transformed...
But, here's the real item...
*gnashes teeth over beauty of teepshirt*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Foxfur
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur/MASH@404: Village Not Found

Post by Foxfur » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:What's going on with the collar of that coat? I think it's very interesting.

Corrugated drain line. Inner ribs dismembered so only OD ribs remain. Ribs then tapered much like dinosaur ribs.
It is almost too hot for me though. It's definately evening attrie.
3x hotter than the fur.

Tootsy!
I love the t-shirts. You are truly gifted.
I am really enjoying watching your camp's evolution.
I'm always looking forward to your next post :D

Grai,
What size feet you got (I can work with UK sizes).
I'll look in the thrift shops around here.
I just found an pair of Airwalks with a surrealist 'rainbow trout' pattern. They're nearly new. Dunno why I put em in a duffel and sequestered em in storage.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:

AngelDanger

Post by AngelDanger » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Today, I got some small lights that can go in water, ziplock bags, a pattern for a long coat, a couple pounds of coco (part of my gift of handing out warm coco during the cold of night) and finally went to Lowes to make my whiteboards! I have had a dream for a few years of me and a few campmates sitting next to the road with a whiteboard each in a sort of "hold up and score passerby" kind of game, which of course would be something like a line of score boards being held up at once saying things like [9.5] [10.0] [3.141] [69.69] [I <3 your mom] [you win burningman!] and so on. More successful day then I expected 8)

Foxfur

Post by Foxfur » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:21 pm

AngelDanger wrote:Today, I got some small lights that can go in water, ziplock bags, a pattern for a long coat, a couple pounds of coco (part of my gift of handing out warm coco during the cold of night) and finally went to Lowes to make my whiteboards! I have had a dream for a few years of me and a few campmates sitting next to the road with a whiteboard each in a sort of "hold up and score passerby" kind of game, which of course would be something like a line of score boards being held up at once saying things like [9.5] [10.0] [3.141] [69.69] [I <3 your mom] [you win burningman!] and so on. More successful day then I expected 8)
Great idea.

Yay!
Where's your camp. I'd love to watch that.
Shirtcockers will require negative numbers...
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

unless the shirts are hacked off animal print, or metallic

score = + "
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

Foxfur

Post by Foxfur » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:48 pm

EspressoDude wrote:unless the shirts are hacked off animal print, or metallic

score = + "
Grisly...
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re:

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:57 pm

That's a great idea, maybe we should start a special thread for that. Hmmm...let's see, maybe we could call it something like, oh I don't know, maybe something like "One item for BM a Day"?
ygmir wrote:ok, wait,.......no, no, really.........
*choking*........
ok, ok. I"m fine now........

(I think a big cup of coffee each morning is my thing I do for (a) BM each day........)

good idea.
snickering still

I'm refining the design and gas seals of the "flaming pinwheel of death".
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

wimala1

Post by wimala1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:55 pm

i got my new boots today!! and a new pack - no lugging something by the handle for me. i also got my first pair of goggles.

the army surplus store was good to me today :P

5.11 hrt desert boots with coolmax
pacific crest denali 65 pack (kick a$$ pack!!)
boyznme

Elorrum
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:35 pm

wimala1 wrote:i got my new boots today!! and a new pack - no lugging something by the handle for me. i also got my first pair of goggles.

the army surplus store was good to me today :P

5.11 hrt desert boots with coolmax
pacific crest denali 65 pack (kick a$$ pack!!)
I spotted this, and read, giggles... and thought, yeah, I think I got my first pair of giggles today.
I'm taking a vacation next week, first time off since last year Burning Man. and I am starting to feel ... waz it? happy and relaxed, and excited. whew.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

wimala1

Post by wimala1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:52 pm

giggles!!!

congrats on having some time off!! enjoy every minute of it.
boyznme

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Playa coat determined! I own a men's dressing gown designed to replicate the year 1750 or therabouts. Ankle-length, double-breasted, 8 buttons, in a thick, heavy cotton chintz of truly questionable taste. It's lined in an unremarkable, soft cotton-y something, with fitted sleeves; 6" turned up cuffs, and 2 set-in pockets with flaps. (I concede that I cannot fit a bottle of wine in a pocket, no . . . but I could manage a beer!)

The skirts widen from the waist, primarily in back where there are 2 nice gores--so it'll swirl if I walk & then turn suddenly. (As is my custom.) I got it from the university costume shop for $5 or $10 in another life. I think it was designed for a specific production, put back into storage at great length, & then re-appropriated for 1 or 2 more plays, 'cause it's neither old nor new. I've worn it as a bathrobe once or twice a year when it's really cold, but it's never left the house before.

I'll add the fur collar I removed from an old coat, make the matching fur hem into fur cuffs, then rip off the horrid 1" orange(!) buttons & replace them with something fantastic, & add 2 more new buttons on the back, one above each gore. (I might then sew some loops on the back so I can thread a sash or ribbon through, & lace the back slightly to adjust, but I'm undecided.)

I've got til next Thursday, unless I want to wear it on the train. :lol:

Foxfur

Post by Foxfur » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Savannah wrote:Playa coat determined! I own a men's dressing gown designed to replicate the year 1750 or therabouts. Ankle-length, double-breasted, 8 buttons, in a thick, heavy cotton chintz of truly questionable taste. It's lined in an unremarkable, soft cotton-y something, with fitted sleeves; 6" turned up cuffs, and 2 set-in pockets with flaps. (I concede that I cannot fit a bottle of wine in a pocket, no . . . but I could manage a beer!)

The skirts widen from the waist, primarily in back where there are 2 nice gores--so it'll swirl if I walk & then turn suddenly. (As is my custom.) I got it from the university costume shop for $5 or $10 in another life. I think it was designed for a specific production, put back into storage at great length, & then re-appropriated for 1 or 2 more plays, 'cause it's neither old nor new. I've worn it as a bathrobe once or twice a year when it's really cold, but it's never left the house before.

I'll add the fur collar I removed from an old coat, make the matching fur hem into fur cuffs, then rip off the horrid 1" orange(!) buttons & replace them with something fantastic, & add 2 more new buttons on the back, one above each gore. (I might then sew some loops on the back so I can thread a sash or ribbon through, & lace the back slightly to adjust, but I'm undecided.)

That sounds wonderful :)
The excitement is contagious.
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Savannah wrote:Playa coat determined! I own a men's dressing gown designed to replicate the year 1750 or therabouts. Ankle-length, double-breasted, 8 buttons, in a thick, heavy cotton chintz of truly questionable taste. It's lined in an unremarkable, soft cotton-y something, with fitted sleeves; 6" turned up cuffs, and 2 set-in pockets with flaps. (I concede that I cannot fit a bottle of wine in a pocket, no . . . but I could manage a beer!)

post a pic, we wanna get excited too!
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:08 pm

I might when I'm finished. It's definitely a splendidly weird old thing.

I will basically look like a walking settee . . .

Now, there IS a tank top I've gotta photograph and post.

J/J
Camp Name: Black Rock City Snowshoe Team

Post by J/J » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 am

finished our hanging camp sign today, designed from info found in several eplaya threads, posting a photo but it does seem a bit like COMMERCE :oops: Maybe gifting commerce :? anyway rolls up for travel

playa, embrace the dust - eplaya, embrace the snark

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 am

AngelDanger wrote:Today, I got some small lights that can go in water, ziplock bags, a pattern for a long coat, a couple pounds of coco (part of my gift of handing out warm coco during the cold of night) and finally went to Lowes to make my whiteboards! I have had a dream for a few years of me and a few campmates sitting next to the road with a whiteboard each in a sort of "hold up and score passerby" kind of game, which of course would be something like a line of score boards being held up at once saying things like [9.5] [10.0] [3.141] [69.69] [I <3 your mom] [you win burningman!] and so on. More successful day then I expected 8)
Do it outside the toilets.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:35 am

EspressoDude wrote:

I agree - I'm dying to see anything that has of truly questionable taste in its description.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Drawingablank

Post by Drawingablank » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 am

tootsybean wrote:finished our hanging camp sign today, designed from info found in several eplaya threads, posting a photo but it does seem a bit like COMMERCE :oops: Maybe gifting commerce :? anyway rolls up for travel

That is really nice, and so are your shirts btw.

Do you have some plan for attaching that at the bottom? I would assume the wind slamming that back and forth into your structure would get annoying rather quickly.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

J/J
Camp Name: Black Rock City Snowshoe Team

Post by J/J » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 am

Drawingablank wrote:

Do you have some plan for attaching that at the bottom? I would assume the wind slamming that back and forth into your structure would get annoying rather quickly.
sign hanging against a shade cloth curtain?
playa, embrace the dust - eplaya, embrace the snark

Drawingablank

Post by Drawingablank » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 am

tootsybean wrote:
Drawingablank wrote:

sign hanging against a shade cloth curtain?
Ah, I probably should have realized the shutter its hanging on wasn't going to the burn.

jella
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:08 am

sounds truly fantastic...I can't wait to see it ! let me know if you need buttons :)
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

jella
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 am

My 1 item a day.

Nifty reuseable jello shot cups. can't wait to experiment with them ..yummmmmmm
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:13 am

Drawingablank wrote:
EspressoDude wrote:

I agree - I'm dying to see anything that has of truly questionable taste in its description.
It's my secret clue as to its odd color scheme. :D
C.f.M. wrote:
Do it outside the toilets.
Agreed. That's ridiculously funny, and reminds me less of Minxy's body-snarking campmates.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am

1. Nice signs
2. Isn't it burnier to look like a suttee?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:42 am

Isn't it burnier to look like a suttee?
Yes! :lol: I just don't want anyone thinking I'm going to be a glossy, neon rave-baby and be disappointed.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”