The Inner Sunset Street Fair 2011, is happening Sunday October 16th in San Francisco's Inner Sunset neighborhood. As part of the event, we want your BM art and creativity to wow the crowds! We hope to pack as much Playa creativity into the Fair as possible. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested. Our website is http://www.isstreetfair.org.
For more information, keep reading...
The Inner Sunset Street Fair is organized by local grassroots activists and community-builders. Although we call it a street fair, the event is intended as more of a cross between a giant block party and Burning Man. Our primary purpose is to build community. This is not your usual "buy more stuff" street fair. We believe:
- In giving back and saying thank you to the community.
- People should meet, interact, and form lasting social bonds at community events.
- In celebrating everything that makes our community what it is.
- The whole community should own this event – from creative input, to participation, to funding.
- In generosity, random acts of kindness, selflessness, and smiling.
- Streets should be re-examined as places to gather and strengthen social bonds.
- In surprise, chaos, creativity, and eclecticism.
As you can tell, we've been very inspired by our experiences at Burning Man. So it's a no-brainer that we want to invite you to participate. If you had an awesome installation, work of art, or something else you brought to the Playa this year, we would love to have it at the Fair. Make your work for BM2011 go even further by bringing it along to the streets of the Inner Sunset and impressing the community with real creativity. It'll be a great day.
We're weeks away from the event, so please email me at email@example.com if you're interested. Photos/URLs would be great if you get in touch.
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!
Co-Chair, Inner Sunset Street Fair 2011