OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Sola Gangsta

Re: OCCUPYWALLSTREET REINFORCEMENTS!

Post by Sola Gangsta » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:00 am

jkisha wrote:I guess what it all boils down to then is whether or not we can afford the nature of the existence we choose to live. Having sufficient resources cuts through all of the strings and makes one the master of their life.
As long as one doesn't exceed the bounds of our masters yes. In regards to myself, I am still "cattle"; just somewhat less encumbered by circumstances than most. I have not stopped being so because I have given up some freedoms for material advantage.

To Moop Czar; Sorry - I should have said that it makes us "cattle", not you personally.
1II1I11I

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

Sola Gangsta wrote:If you think you own your home, stop paying the taxes and you will soon find out who really does own your place. Therefore it is not really "ownership". You are in the same relationship to the government as a tenant is to the landlord. Only the price / value is different. The idea that you "own your home" is a little mental poision added to keep you from thinking straight about the real relationships of power and to keep you in their control. The language of banking is full of these deceptive little ploys to make you into a consumer sucker.
Kind of hard to stop paying taxes owing to the fact that the property is not isolated from roads, utilities, land management, national defense... you know, all those things that living with civilization usually entails? I'm sure if you lived on an isolated island you'd be quite free from taxes.
Sola Gangsta wrote:I'm well aware of the various taxes. I don't have time to explain all the different ways the world is fucked up, but local taxes aren't all valid either. For example:

Most of my relatives live in upstate NY between Syracuse and Watertown. Recently they just passed a new water district without proper notification to all the home renters which will add more fees even though it wasn't needed in the area due to wells and sump pumps already being there, etc.

Yeah, so? Why don't they open up a lawsuit and file for a temporary injunction then? Did they all write their congressmen? Open up legal channels to stop it?

I doubt it. The sad fact of the matter is that most people would rather just complain to their neighbor in a bar, or you know, sit down in Wall Street where day traders could not care less about them, than go through official channels and get something done.

Cattle are only cattle because they allow themselves to be herded. They moo and bitch, but keep eating the grass, chewing that cud.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:59 am

Sola Gangsta wrote:The revolution starts within your own mind first. That's how things begin to change.
:) That's why I recommend this:
http://vishaldevgon.com/wp-content/uplo ... _world.pdf

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Sola Gangsta wrote:The revolution starts within your own mind first. That's how things begin to change.
:) That's why I recommend this:
http://vishaldevgon.com/wp-content/uplo ... _world.pdf

Maybe, and that has to start with good information. Mistrust news from the very source that is the most invested player of the financial collapse- mainstream media.
Joe the plumber has got to roto-rooter his clogged brain from the idea that there is such a threat as the "liberal media".....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

lurker

Post by lurker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:09 pm

The revolution you want, SG has failed and failed and failed again--all it brings is misery and ruin

Government makes the rules for banks.
Government taxes your property--and takes it by force if you don't pay.
Government created the bailouts.
Government created the housing bubble.

We have too much government.

And what you want requires more, much more.

It requires huge amounts of government to beat the populace into a submissive enough state that human nature can only assert itself in distorted dangerous ways. And as that government becomes more tyrannical(of necessity) the whole thing falls apart.

Leaving barbarism in it's place.

If the 1% were taxed at 100% you couldn't run the amount of government we have now for six months with the money. Add in the massive increases to the minimum wage, the GSL payments, the universal healthcare and all the rest of the confused mess the OWS protesters appear(at times) to want and you wouldn't last a month. Then what?

Capitalist society is inexorably moving towards it's own demise--not because of asinine collectivism, but because as production methods improve fewer and fewer are needed to produce more and more. We are moving from an economy of scarcity to an economy of plenty--an economy that no existing economic theories really speak to--a total paradigm shift.

Collapsing the current capitalist society will not stop this--it will only slow the pace, but at great cost to people. Implementing the extant collectivist idiocies will slow it even further--but they will not stop it.

Ideally, capitalism must be sped along--force fed like a goose to make the transition through this period as fast and painless as possible.

And OWS only wants to prolong the pain.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

Sola Gangsta

Post by Sola Gangsta » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 pm

lurker wrote:If the 1% were taxed at 100% you couldn't run the amount of government we have now for six months with the money. Add in the massive increases to the minimum wage, the GSL payments, the universal healthcare and all the rest of the confused mess the OWS protesters appear(at times) to want and you wouldn't last a month. Then what?

Capitalist society is inexorably moving towards it's own demise--not because of asinine collectivism, but because as production methods improve fewer and fewer are needed to produce more and more. We are moving from an economy of scarcity to an economy of plenty--an economy that no existing economic theories really speak to--a total paradigm shift.
You're making a number of assumptions here that I don't support. For one thing taxes are too high for everybody, that includes the rich. The rich is the government itself and everybody else is poor by comparison. They tax so much to stay in control because they can't have their "uppity cows" (see the video I posted above) starting their own space programs and having so much clout that they can form their own countries, so they try to tax enough to keep everyone down in submission.

History shows that from time to time barbarism takes over. It is only a matter of time and in my estimation because it is a collective act, is much more prone to fate (anangke is closer to what I mean in Greek).
1II1I11I

Sola Gangsta

Post by Sola Gangsta » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Of course lets not forget who we owe the national debt to. This is part of the reason why they tax so much. Rothschilds, Mellons, Astors, etc... The question is who owns the governments? They should break the agreement like Iceland did a couple of years back - now they are doing well.
1II1I11I

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 pm

lurker

"Government makes the rules for banks. (Rules created by Dick Army, Larry Summers, Tiny Tim Geithner, etc. Government is the banks)
Government taxes your property--and takes it by force if you don't pay. ( Taxes barley cover the interest on the debt, soon that will be impossible to pay)
Government created the bailouts. ( Sorry, Bankers and financial crooks created the bailouts- government bends over whenever THEY say "bend over")
Government created the housing bubble." ( Sorry, the Fed - Greenspan, and unregulated mortgage brokers created the housing bubble)
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Come on guys, don't fuck up this thread for all the rest of us with all your bullshit theories.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:00 am

my thoughts exactly, as EVERYONE AND ANYONE with an agenda either has latched onto or has fervently sided against a true grass roots uprising of merited discontent.

stop bitching, and start doing something about it.

PARTICIPATE!

PS...dear Lurker, we are coming for you next. :twisted:

we will eat you and your ilk for lunch.
Frida Be You & Me

MOOP_Czar

Post by MOOP_Czar » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:05 am

Thank you JK and Simon.

There are other threads for that bullshit.

Threads I don't waste my time with.
MOOP Czar

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:47 am

America now ranks behind China and India on income equality;
http://www.philstockworld.com/2011/10/1 ... vorites%29
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:01 am

can't sit still wrote:America now ranks behind China and India on income equality;

speak of tired bullshit, and it appears...
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:07 am

MOOP_Czar wrote:Thank you JK and Simon.

There are other threads for that bullshit.

Threads I don't waste my time with.
Which kind of bullshit are we supposed to discuss here?

And who is that eating my ilk?

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 am

Got Ilk?
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 am

No, but if you know any young ladies interested in making an ilk or two with me, send her my way. ;)

Sorry, this is a serious thread!

Simon of the Playa

here's why i'm so grumpy.

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 pm

MOOP_Czar

Post by MOOP_Czar » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Image
BEST

PROTEST

SIGN

EVER
MOOP Czar

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:11 pm

can't sit still wrote:America now ranks behind China and India on income equality;
And Mongolia's middle class seems to be having a better time of it as well.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:55 pm

"Yeah, so? Why don't they open up a lawsuit and file for a temporary injunction then? Did they all write their congressmen? Open up legal channels to stop it?"

I doubt it. The sad fact of the matter is that most people would rather just complain to their neighbor in a bar, or you know, sit down in Wall Street where day traders could not care less about them, than go through official channels and get something done.

Cattle are only cattle because they allow themselves to be herded. They moo and bitch, but keep eating the grass, chewing that cud."
you seem to be doing quite a bit yourself.....

Sola Gangsta

Post by Sola Gangsta » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 pm

cowboyangel wrote:
"Yeah, so? Why don't they open up a lawsuit and file for a temporary injunction then? Did they all write their congressmen? Open up legal channels to stop it?"

Cattle are only cattle because they allow themselves to be herded. They moo and bitch, but keep eating the grass, chewing that cud."
you seem to be doing quite a bit yourself.....
The other reason I believe is that people can't keep up with all the BS. While this is going on, 10 other BS events are screwing with their lives at the same time. One can't possibly go after all the bastards so eventually all the anger and rage builds up until you have OWS and eventually a revolt runs the SOB's out of dodge. The the politicians go back to their game of saying "I'm sorry, we screwed up, please don't kill us" and the cycle begins anew with a new set of rules and a new group of rulers...
1II1I11I

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Frida Be You & Me

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Lincoln told the private banks who wanted to charge the Federal government 30% interest ( in 1862 remember...) to finance the Civil War to fuck off and he directed the Federal government to print its own money at 0% interest....the greenback pictured above. We can do the same again. It takes tons of courage and guts to tell the private corporation now known as the Federal reserve ( it is neither) to fuck off. If the Feds can't or won't do it, let the states do it...like BND- State Bank of North Dakota..... a public bank that puts its profits back into the state, not the hands of a greedy, vampiric, soulless bunch of satanic muthafuccas.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:03 am

190 Cities now being occupied across the USA.

Talk is it just might go global.

I'm finding this exhilarating.
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:44 am

jkisha wrote:190 Cities now being occupied across the USA.

Talk is it just might go global.

I'm finding this exhilarating.
Might? Say that in Tahrir square, habib!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm wondering if Occupy Wallstreet might not end up also occupying some public space near City Hall.

That's what I'd do, and as I'm not smarter than the aggregate of the people in Liberty Park, I can't be the only one that's occurred to.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 pm

PHASE TWO BEGINS NOV 5th

that is the day thousands perhaps tens of thousands, MAYBE hundreds of thousands of patriotic Americans are going to remove their money from the "Big Banks" and put them into small, local credit unions.

i dont use a bank, havent in years, but if i did, this would be a great way to show support in a very simple, meaningful direct action.

please tell a friend, and hopefully they'll tell a friend too.

together we can send a HELLUVA message to the banks....fuck off, WE DONT NEED YOU, YOU NEED US, MOTHERFUCKERS.
Frida Be You & Me

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:21 pm

They are doing that today, with Chase Bank being their target.
JK

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:21 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I'm wondering if Occupy Wallstreet might not end up also occupying some public space near City Hall.

That's what I'd do, and as I'm not smarter than the aggregate of the people in Liberty Park, I can't be the only one that's occurred to.
They have been occupying a corporate park, not a public park. I think it might be the point.

Return to “Open Discussion”