Deck the Damned

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Deck the Damned

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 am

jI am watching the progress of the Swish Embassy with interest. I'm so bad with female clothes and make up, I know I can't contriburte that way, but I did go through a bead thing and I do have some old necklaces that would be wonderful to pass on. Plus, I have plans for a few more.
So, here's the deal. If you are a jeweler (well, a bead stringer) and you have some old project that you never wear, or your great-aunt left you something that you have no room for (you can be an ordinary person for that), or you found something wonderful at a yard sale, or whatever, bring it and we'll put it on Nicole and the girls. Any length, from the most discrete black velvet princess with a discrete cameo, to the full fledge glory of an overdone lariet is probably welcome.
I imagine other accessories will be, too.
Let's give these drag debutantes even more on their nights to remember!

(Note: the exact form this takes depends on Nicole and the Swish Embassy, of course, but also on you. I'm very much a get the ball rolling and see where it lands type, so your influance, especially at the beginning, is likely to go a long way. Participate!)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

theCryptofishist

Re: Deck the Damned

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:39 am

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 am

The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am

The Lady with a Lamprey

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm

I may have a spare pearl necklace or three lying around.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 pm

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Nicole Hyde
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: The Swish Embassy

Postby Nicole Hyde » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 pm

LOL! - Of course...

Fishy, those look spectacular! I would love to see something like that out there for those that unexpectedly find themselves in our dangerous neighborhood and would like to participate anyway. :lol: I am staying in touch with a lady that works at the local Sephora that wants to come out with her boyfriend and will bring lots of product samples for make-overs. Hopefully we can start making serious plans when the ticket process gets farther along.

The one thing I want to make sure everyone understands is that we are about drag for both genders - drag queens/cross dressers/transgendered *and* divas. Over the top outfits will be the norm at The Swish Embassy, and we plan to continue The Booby Bar tradition with theme-based parties every night during the week :D

I would also love to hear from those that would like to participate in some way and/or have suggestions on how we can be more interactive for "walk-ins"... 8)
The Swish Embassy
A Street and....uh...oh, just look for the flashing sign...

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 am

this looks like a lot of fun. I will start scrounging for lovely items and will keep an eye on this thread for mor info...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “2012 Art & Performance”