Low income ticketing questions

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Caitieloo
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: Pine Grove, Ca
Contact:

Low income ticketing questions

Postby Caitieloo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

Does anyone know what’s up with the LI tickets? I thought it took 6 weeks to receive an answer and I already know of two people who received emails with different outcomes. I applied at the same time as these folks but I still haven’t gotten an answer. Does anyone know why some people are getting early responses?

Thank you! :D

User avatar
9ah
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 am
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters
Contact:

Re: Low income tickets and early entrance

Postby 9ah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 am

No clue...

Maybe they showed a genuine need and benefit to BRC and maybe they showed an overall lack of need?

:coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 11993
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Low income tickets and early entrance

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 am

The applications are reviewed carefully and individually, so the answers don't all come at once. Don't give up until you hear yes or no.
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

User avatar
Rice
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Location: da

Re: Low income tickets and early entrance

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 am

Caitieloo wrote:Does anyone know what’s up with the LI tickets? I thought it took 6 weeks to receive an answer and I already know of two people who received emails with different outcomes. I applied at the same time as these folks but I still haven’t gotten an answer. Does anyone know why some people are getting early responses?

Thank you! :D

There were probably many more applications than tickets available and it does take time to look through each application...

It would be best if you contacted Burning Man LLC for an update
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40300
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Low income tickets and early entrance

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:59 am

Rice wrote:
Caitieloo wrote:Does anyone know what’s up with the LI tickets? I thought it took 6 weeks to receive an answer and I already know of two people who received emails with different outcomes. I applied at the same time as these folks but I still haven’t gotten an answer. Does anyone know why some people are getting early responses?

Thank you! :D

There were probably many more applications than tickets available and it does take time to look through each application...

It would be best really obnoxious if you contacted Burning Man LLC for an update

There, I fixed it.
People contacting the people who review LIT applications because they haven't heard and the six weeks has not gone by are just wasting the time of those people and delaying the application review. Watched pot and all. Go do some art.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 11993
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Low income tickets and early entrance

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Agreed. Writing to the LIT people this early is not going to help.
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

User avatar
Rice
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Location: da

Re: Low income tickets and early entrance

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Rice wrote:
Caitieloo wrote:Does anyone know what’s up with the LI tickets? I thought it took 6 weeks to receive an answer and I already know of two people who received emails with different outcomes. I applied at the same time as these folks but I still haven’t gotten an answer. Does anyone know why some people are getting early responses?

Thank you! :D

There were probably many more applications than tickets available and it does take time to look through each application...

It would be best really obnoxious if you contacted Burning Man LLC for an update

There, I fixed it.
People contacting the people who review LIT applications because they haven't heard and the six weeks has not gone by are just wasting the time of those people and delaying the application review. Watched pot and all. Go do some art.

Yes!

If more than 6 weeks have passed since the LIT application deadline, and you have not heard anything - by all means contact the LIT department to see where you stand.

Pestering before then could reduce you eligibility.... (ie, screaming for attention may not get you the results you expect!!)

I cannot stand being dependent on someone else when it comes to my burn. I do whatever it takes to ensure that I can get my own ticket (Ie: Stashing $20/week into a savings account so I have the $$ for my ticket)
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15843
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Low income ticketing questions

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm

It's not like there are operators standing by for each individual application that goes in, and it takes 6 weeks of full time research in order to reach a determination. There are a lot of people applying, and a small number of people working full time to go through those applications. As they review an application and make a determination, they notify that individual of the outcome. It can take up to six weeks from the time an application is submitted for them to get to it and make a determination, so do not contact them to ask about the status of your application before then. I can't speak for the ticket team, but if it was me making those tough decisions and I had to choose between two worthy candidates, I'd pick the patient person over the person who couldn't follow really simple instructions
Low Income Ticket Application Instructions wrote:It may take up to six weeks to review applications after submission - please do not email asking about the status of your application before then as answering those emails takes us away from reviewing applications.


FYI, I split this from the early entrance thread, since the current discussion is more about general questions with the low income program and has nothing to do with early entry.

Caitieloo
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: Pine Grove, Ca
Contact:

Re: Low income ticketing questions

Postby Caitieloo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 pm

"Watched pot and all. Go do some art"

That made me giggle :) I just thought it was super odd that a knew of a few people who got a reply so early and just wanted to know if they change the screening process or what. I dont mind waiting at all for the full six weeks. Im just greatful for the chance of a low income ticket even though a lot of people dont agree on the subject. Thanks <3


Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests