Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.

Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Postby stiill » 3 years ago

I've got a passenger/cargo van reserved through Budget, but am still looking around. I'm driving from San Francisco.

I noticed Hengehold isn't renting for Burning Man until May 13 (http://www.htrucks.com/burningman.php). Their regular rates look great, even after $.79 a mile, but I don't know if their rates will be higher for Burning Man. Anyone know?

After seeing a lot of folks recommend Budget for trucks, I checked and their truck rates are terrible-- coming from California. I guess it's just the Gentry Way Budget that's highly recommended.

Finally: I don't own a car, so I don't have insurance (and I don't know if it'd apply to a Ford Econoline, much less a cargo van from Hengehold). So AFAICT I need to get some short-term liability insurance. Any recommendations?

Burning Since: 2005

Re: Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Postby dragonpilot » 3 years ago

You might just avoid a lot of hassle and go with the collision damage insurance the rental agency usually offers. Yeah, it's pricey, but covers just about everything.

Oh, yeah...might not be a good idea to mention exactly where you're going with the truck...unless you know they're Burner-friendly...even then...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

Burning Since: 2017

Re: Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Postby theCryptofishist » 3 years ago

I don't know the details, but since the last burn, Budget has drastically changed the rules in ways that make them burn hostile. Call Hengehold and ask your question. I don't think you can't do research this early.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”