Worst part of 2013?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Re: Worst part of 2013?

Post by Aurelia » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:13 pm

nope, will call was super clean
rode with British Hussy and I know she would never ever admit a scabie

Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Post by Dr Helix » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Great year for my wife and I. Two lows:

1. Day two my drive axle on our small MV just sheared off. Was a block from camp when I heard a small "pop" and the engine started to whine. Before I could say "WTF?" a girl walked up to me and handed me a tire and asked "Is this yours?" Well yes it was. luckily it sheared outside the housing and luckily, I'm a welder. But it was no fun jacking it up and crawling underneath to weld it back on. And of course I tried to Band-Aid it rather than a proper fix. So two days later it came off again. Got a tow back in and did the proper repair and it held for the rest of the week.

2. Saturday melt down starring my wife and I. Just started sniping at each other for no good reason other than we were tapped out. Watching the Man Burn from afar and realizing we should have walked in didn't help either. Nothing heinous though and we got some sleep and made up in the morning.

All in all one my best burns ever! Thanks to all who made it so.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

PlayaPatrol

Post by PlayaPatrol » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am

BBADGER never exits his art car. He is incapable of self locomoting and hates anyone that would impede his motorized progress. Even if youre fully lit at night they will run you over. Best thing to do is shine a high lumen/candlepower light in the drivers eyes before they run you over.
And have an airhorn you can sound in their ears.
Same goes for the DJs playing noise at 6 am. And pull their plugs and turn off their generators.
Remember the nerds in high school that always got bullyed? they are the DJs and art car drivers at BRC.
Burning man is a art festival, not a noise festival. Selfish deaf asshole antisocial raver druggies with more money than brains turned it into a noise festival.
BBadger wrote:
Odie wrote:Not all burners have the pleasure of driving around and have wheels at there disposal to drive over to some camp to enjoy a wine and steak dinner.
Oh spare us your petty acrimony. You're not earning yourself any sympathy here.
I find it Ironic how an Art-car drivers can call a person a Dark turd whom is laying and enjoying the playa star lite sky their way. So whom is more right or has more rights to enjoy the playa. The somewhat unsafe dark turd burner or the elitest art car owner. I just love how the privileged art-car owner can name call the un-privilege dark turd , I just suppose that's how art cars roll.
Cut the shit. If you're laying out in the playa while unlit you are indeed a darktard and deserve every bit of ridicule slung your way. FULL STOP.

Take a moment from your bitter and jealous refrain to consider the safety of both yourself and the other people around you by lighting yourself up. If you want to enjoy the night sky without any lights, go camp in the mountains alone. Oh, and just FYI: it's not just the "privileged" art car drivers who suffer darktards. It's often people on bikes that are at most risk crashing into, or avoiding at the last moment, those IDIOTS who don't properly light themselves. So spare us your sanctimonious bullshit and light yourself up like a good citizen.
Yes, I too, fail to understand why a music camp would not turn down (say 20%-50% or so) the music during earlier daylight hours which seems to be the usual sleep hours on the playa simply out of simple respect.
Because it's a music camp. Because this is Burning Man. Move your hippie ass out to some other location away from these designated sound camps, or don't attend at all if it's just too much for you to handle. I'd rather hear the sound camps than the bitching of some damn darktard hippie by any means.
Anyone taking offence at anything in my posts - tough. It's only an internet forum. Stop being overly sensitive. you are shallow and banal. Eplayans who spend hours a day posting need to make in person friends and mentally masturbate less.

PlayaPatrol

Post by PlayaPatrol » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 am

Bitch please. Don't ask me to stop being a selfish douchetard asshat frat boy yahoo molestor pig at burning man. Listen to my shit noise repetitive sound at 400 decibels at 7 am! Its BURNING MAN!!!!
Simon of the Playa wrote:
mulch wrote:This was my first year so I realize this isn't a new revelation to many of you

So most nights I roamed the playa by bike with my new and old friends with carefully planned and executed neural adjustments. It was beautiful and perfect in all ways. Except for that god damned cheese grater on my nerves "music" that was blared from 5 different sound camps and mutant vehicles.

If I was king, there would be some quiet hours when the music was turned way down on the playa. Even if you somehow like that shit, you couldn't possibly enjoy it when it's mixed with several other similar wretched versions of the same angry crapola.

I'm not so incompetent that I couldn't tune it out but the playa at night with the stars alone is beautiful and the music makes it less so.

BITCH, PLEASE.....
Anyone taking offence at anything in my posts - tough. It's only an internet forum. Stop being overly sensitive. you are shallow and banal. Eplayans who spend hours a day posting need to make in person friends and mentally masturbate less.

PlayaPatrol

Post by PlayaPatrol » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 am

I handed out glowsticks to darkwads. One darkwad took it then threw it down shouting MOOP! I said "fuck you, get run over, asshole".

Also the black rock rangers who didn't know shit about shit, were angry about being asked cause it interupted their cuddle party and didn't want to find the answer. That happens every year.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 am

P.P., Your post are so bitter.. Anything you post must be taken with a grain of salt..

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:45 am

P.P. Camp near 530 and E or F. (Kidville & Hush ville). No noisy sound cars at night. I was one street away and it was too quiet on some nights.

I love the noise and variety there of. It's a big city with plenty of room. If a 'boom, boom, boom' grates on my nerves I can always move along. There's no reason to argue there or here. Unless of course you like to argue. Have at it. I heard they are giving chocolate bars to the winner.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:57 am

Ratty wrote:P.P. Camp near 530 and E or F. (Kidville & Hush ville). No noisy sound cars at night. I was one street away and it was too quiet on some nights.

I love the noise and variety there of. It's a big city with plenty of room. If a 'boom, boom, boom' grates on my nerves I can always move along. There's no reason to argue there or here. Unless of course you like to argue. Have at it. I heard they are giving chocolate bars to the winner.
Big silver art car. Just A shiny metal box belonging to... gigsville maybe. Rolled in front of my tent at 4am at full volume on 3:50 and E. If they had passed by it would have been fine. But they full on just stopped there for an hour.

I don't have a problem with loud music, but it is the only form of "art" that is literally inescapable out there. You can choose to avert your eyes, or avoid certain domes, but sound crosses barriers. I don't think its unreasonable to think of other people as you practice your art.

Though come to think of it, they only did that Monday night. Someone might have spoken to them about it.
Sic Semper Spectatores

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:08 am

I believe I read something about MV sound limits in the wee hours of the morning..
Try and see the offending MV and mention it to the ranger station..

One year a very drunk person came reeling pass my camp.. Shortly he came speeding back driving a MV.. I told a ranger who used his radio and the drunk was stopped..

PlayaPatrol

Post by PlayaPatrol » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:25 am

That sums up bikes at burning man. I worked at a bike repair camp. Fixing shit that should have been fixed back in san fran.
A tune up in a every city in america is $50. BM bikes cost less then that. They are garbage. Then theyre left at BM. BMORG pretends to gather them and donate them for repair and gifting. 90% are such shit it would cost more to fix then buying another. they are sold for scrap metal.
Elliot wrote:All right, I'm not reading four pages of negative stuff, but I'll allow myself this one venting:

Three out of four of the bicycles I repaired in the early days of the event were bikes that were patently defective when the owner brought it into BRC. The owners reported buying the darned things for 20 to 40 dollars on Craigslist, and at garage sales and flea markets and such, and from the Reno bike recyclers, and even out of a roadside truck... AND THEY EXPECTED THESE PIECES-OF-SHIT TO ACTUALLY BE RIDE-ABLE JUST AS THEY WERE PURCHASED! I don't know what to call this phenomenon, but it is pathetic. Please spread the word.

Next year I just may refuse to repair such bikes.

Now back to my regularly scheduled joyfulness.

Oh... and Delle.... You never annoyed me in any way, even with your Greatest Stunt of reaching from behind between my....
It was simply all wonderful Burning Man Fun.

PlayaPatrol

Post by PlayaPatrol » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:33 am

People cut corners of camps that have twice as much space as they need and don't occupy it. Very common land grabbing scenario. Fill your camp to the margins and there is no room to walk across it.
MikeGyver wrote:
Teo del Fuego wrote:
grenadine wrote:Aside from having a little playa meltdown this year, my worst was the bunch of Brits who decided to do whippets out in the open in our camp while we were doing one of our dye sessions at Dye With Dignity. I don't care what you do in YOUR camp, but keep your law-enforcement-search-bait outta my camp.
Are whippets, in and of themselves, illegal? But I get your point about inviting LEO attention
It annoyed me more not because they were doing something they weren't supposed to be and could attract LEO attention but that they walked in and sat down like it was their camp.
That was my pet peeve of the year, wouldnt really count it as a worst part but we were camped on a corner and atleast three groups a night would walk right through our camp and were confused when we asked why they couldn't use the road (not 30 feet away)

PlayaPatrol

Post by PlayaPatrol » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:35 am

LIKE! PLUS one! That was sponsored by FB and zuckerberg.
strange love wrote:Like for real. I mean, wtf?! I wanted to burn that giant facebook ad down early.

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:37 am

Resisting the urge to correct or in any way converse with some guy on my last nerve. Please allow me to never see his posts again? There is a magic button somewhere that makes things disappear. Right? I can block the person who sucks the light and warmth out of my screen?

Going looking for a way.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

fresh
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Post by fresh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 am

PlayaPatrol wrote:LIKE! PLUS one! That was sponsored by FB and zuckerberg.
strange love wrote:Like for real. I mean, wtf?! I wanted to burn that giant facebook ad down early.
PP, you have shown how big of a jackass you are in one single page of ePlaya. If i was darktarding and you tried to hand me a glow stick, i would not have thrown it on the floor and called it MOOP, I would have thrown it in your face. Seriously, a single disposable glowstick is as visible as shit. My opinion is a person can go without light as long as they are in control and aware of their surroundings and stay out of the way and not spook others who are biking and riding MV's!

As far as Like for Real, strangelove and PP are both in the camp of "Judging a Book by its Cover" I will let the artist tell you what the project was about, if you have the attention span to read 6 paragraphs. And no it had nothing to do with facebook. the like or thumbs up is not only used on FB, but all over the internet.

http://like4real.com/en/likefesto

And here is his post-playa response that includes his unique ability to embrace his harshest critics.

"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:39 am

Ratty wrote:Resisting the urge to correct or in any way converse with some guy on my last nerve. Please allow me to never see his posts again? There is a magic button somewhere that makes things disappear. Right? I can block the person who sucks the light and warmth out of my screen?

Going looking for a way.
Click on his name or picture. That will get you to his profile. There are buttons marked "Friend" and "foe". Hit foe. pop up will ask if you really want to do this. Indicate that you do. Then all you know is that he posted...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:03 pm

PlayaPatrol wrote:BBADGER never exits his art car. He is incapable of self locomoting and hates anyone that would impede his motorized progress. Even if youre fully lit at night they will run you over. Best thing to do is shine a high lumen/candlepower light in the drivers eyes before they run you over.
You know what they say when you ASSume right? So which ASS did you pull that idea out of?

Or is this a reading comprehension problem?

Regardless, I don't even drive a MV. And never have.

I'm talking about hitting darktards while I'm on my bike, where I am in imminent danger of getting hurt in a wreck -- as are they. In fact, aside from the sleeping deep playa person, an MV is going to see whomever is in front of the headlights. The real risk is to people on bikes: as they can only see out to 5-10ft in front.
Same goes for the DJs playing noise at 6 am. And pull their plugs and turn off their generators.
Remember the nerds in high school that always got bullyed? they are the DJs and art car drivers at BRC.
Burning man is a art festival, not a noise festival. Selfish deaf asshole antisocial raver druggies with more money than brains turned it into a noise festival.
Nah, you're just closed-minded and delusional. Go join the Rainbow Family if you want to hang out with hippies and bitch about everything in society, or stay home if you don't like their drum circles.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Post by tatonka » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:23 pm

missed my Fri night boxing class I was to teach , :( thought it was thursday for some reason.

my stomach acted up at the M&G so I left earlier than I wanted

and the whole thing ended to soon :(
Tales told
Of battles won
Of things we've done
Caligula would grin

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:18 am

The bitch who caused sooo many problems at our camp with unwanted sexual advances after no's.... And ruined my burn ,She was evicted and banned from the regional burn this weekend for the same behavior. Karma has an amazing way of handling things. I feel better now. :D
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:56 am

playa patrols asswipe complaints.
Frida Be You & Me

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 am

And ruined my burn

only you have the power to ruin your own burn.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:16 am

Yes RD, thank you for restating that

so tired of the whining

Burners do not whine !

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am

Somehow, I find it hard to believe that any girl coming on to a guy at burningman could be unwanted. I thought getting laid was the main objective of half of the guys that attend the event!? :shock:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 am

double post, double jackassery
Last edited by Jackass on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 am

Yeah, since when is being frisky or promiscuous at the burn frowned upon?? People are touching and rubbing each other there more than damn near anywhere else. I'm not much of a hugger in other scenarios, but out there I'm giving them away.
This IS the same place that brought you Bianca's and countless others such as OrgyDomeTM.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:19 am

jkisha wrote:Somehow, I find it hard to believe that any girl coming on to a guy at burningman could be unwanted. I thought getting laid was the main objective of half of the guys that attend the event!? :shock:
Only half?

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:23 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:
jkisha wrote:Somehow, I find it hard to believe that any girl coming on to a guy at burningman could be unwanted. I thought getting laid was the main objective of half of the guys that attend the event!? :shock:
Only half?
Well ya, you take up the other half..

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:43 am

PlayaPatrol wrote:BBADGER never exits his art car. He is incapable of self locomoting and hates anyone that would impede his motorized progress. Even if youre fully lit at night they will run you over. Best thing to do is shine a high lumen/candlepower light in the drivers eyes before they run you over.
WOW.
I think you've gained your self a spot in the prestigious Top Five Most Annoying ePlayans
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:37 am

yoga.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

misfit
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: wish you were here

Post by misfit » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:23 pm

>>>>only you have the power to ruin your own burn.<<<<

in 2012 larry gave me the power,
and in 2013 i was that scanky girl that hit on your husbands and significants,
i was also that guy on the bull horn that shouted obsenities at you and your camp as i sat across the street from you,
and i was also the clump of poooo that was found in your camp.
so yes i can fuck your burn, but only you can ruin your life..........
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.

fresh
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Post by fresh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:25 pm

BM-MOOP.jpg
Cannot find anywhere the other pic showing all the lanterns being released at the temple, but that is where this is from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot

Return to “Stories”